John Grisham discussion

Are there any new JG books on the Horizon?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Any new ones on the horizon?

message 2: by Milad (last edited Feb 25, 2011 02:56PM) (new)

Milad El-Darzi No idea, his newest book is The Confession : A Novel wich was released in 2010

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

2 or 3 stars out of 5 on that one. He needs fresh content. Another needs another very unique story again, fresh, rich, in a different setting, minus the black/white tension, as in the Testament. His very best.

message 4: by Milad (new)

Milad El-Darzi Guess you're right but Skipping Chrismas was not all that bad, it was kind of different in a way.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

That was made into the movie Christmas with the Kranks, wasn't it?

message 6: by Milad (new)

Milad El-Darzi Yes the Chrismas with the Kranks is based on Skipping Chrismas, haven't watched it though, is it good?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think I made it all the way through the movie...too stupid. I don't think he appreciated what the writers did with it...he wrote it at their request and so they'd have rights to revise it...and that they did...ish.

message 8: by Milad (new)

Milad El-Darzi I'll stick to the book.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

James Patterson is advertising his new book "Toys" by noting "like John Grisham? You'll like James pattersons new book..." What a crock.

message 11: by Milad (new)

Milad El-Darzi If thats the case just read Jhon Grisham and not some knock off

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read all of John Grishams- Waiting for more! :)

message 13: by Dia (new)

Dia | 11 comments Annette wrote: "James Patterson is advertising his new book "Toys" by noting "like John Grisham? You'll like James pattersons new book..." What a crock."

I just got Toys from the library. I like most of Patterson's book. I like the earlier JG books, but his more recent stuff...not so much. They feel like he just phoned them in. I still always get them from the library, but have learned not to expect as much on the new stuff.

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (porterak) Okay is Innocent Man a new book or old and if it is old how old is it? I saw it in the store the other day and well I a)had never heard of it b)it seems to be a new book and c)it seems to be a based on a true life crime/mystery story. So just wondering if anyone has read it and knows about it?

message 15: by Muthanna (new)

Muthanna Alwahash (mkhuthir) Hi Amanda

“Innocent Man” is the only nonfiction book from John Grisham, It was released in 2006. More info about the book on this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inno...

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (porterak) Thank you Muthanna!

message 17: by Dolores (new)

Dolores (dizzydee39) | 6 comments John Grisham's newest book " The Litigator" was just released today after many months of publicizing on his website and facebook.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

and now "Calico Joe" is being touted just as the beginning of the tv show "The Firm" is getting it's start-based on JG's book and movie.

message 19: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 12 comments I agree with what everyone has said regarding JG's newer books not being as good as the older material. I couldn't even get very far in the Litigators because it was eerily similar to The King of torts.

message 20: by Hughie (new)

Hughie Evans | 2 comments "The Racketeer" is new and is mix of Shawshank Redemption and classic John Grisham, It is certainly one of his best in recent years!

message 21: by Curtis (new)

Curtis Grigsby | 1 comments I enjoyed the Sycamore Row recently.

message 22: by Naomi (new)

Naomi Loomis (naomiloomis) | 1 comments Let's hope so!! :)

message 23: by Amy (new)

Amy | 3 comments Curtis wrote: "I enjoyed the Sycamore Row recently."

Me too. I think some people seemed to be disappointed because it wasn't as fast paced as A Time To Kill, but I did not agree. I thought Grisham did really well with taking a subject like Estate Law and making it interesting.

message 24: by Melissa (new)

Melissa M  | 12 comments I went on his website & it says Theodore Boone The Fugitive will be out May 12th.

message 25: by Fred (new)

Fred (fredderoche) | 5 comments The next book I see to be released is in October 2015, "Rogue Lawyer".... I have not seen any descriptions for it yet...

message 26: by Fred (new)

Fred (fredderoche) | 5 comments The next book is "The Whistler" scheduled to released in October 2016. Some Goodread's members have read preview copies. Look the book up on Goodreads.

message 27: by Fred (new)

Fred (fredderoche) | 5 comments Goodreads - lists "Untitled #25: A Novel" - Expected publication: November 20th 2018 by Doubleday
Amazon - has release date as October 23, 2018 & description as "John Grisham returns to Clanton, Mississippi, to tell the story of an unthinkable murder, the bizarre trial that follows it, and its profound and lasting effect on the people of Ford County".