Kindle Lending Club discussion

General > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda (linda_green) Introduce yourself to you fellow KLC members here!

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Macdonald | 2 comments Hi Elizabeth :) Thank you for setting up this discussion! I'm just popping in to let everyone know that we appreciate your feedback and we'll take note of any suggestions posted here. If anybody needs individual assistance, we are always just an email away: info@kindlelendingclub.com - happy reading!

Catherine from KindleLendingClub.com

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda (linda_green) Thanks for stopping by Catherine! You've started up a wonderful program with KLC and we love you for it!!

message 4: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Macdonald | 2 comments Elizabeth, thank you! The people who lend and borrow at KLC are amazing; a love of books is a wonderful basis for a community, as everyone here at Goodreads already knows!

message 5: by Colette (new)

Colette Guerin (coletteguerin) | 1 comments Hi, I'm new to this Kindle thing having just gotten mine a week ago. Looking forward to learning more about. So far I've only downloaded some free classics, but I'm enjoying those and trying to eliminate my pile of books before buying any. I may breakdown today though!

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 29, 2011 08:34AM) (new)

Hi my name is Lisa, and I love to read, I got my Kindle for my birthday in NOVEMBER, I must admit that I haven't it use it much due to the things that have been happening in my life Jan 1st my husband grandfather past away and the next day Jan 2nd his aunt past away, it has been very hard we missed them both we know that they are in a better place. Thank God for books, and my KINDLE, I can't wait to get back into reading more and more.. So here's to KINDLES EVERYWHERE

message 7: by Annette (new)

Annette | 4 comments Hi, my name is Annette. I got the Kindle for my teenage daughter for Christmas. I have the Sony Reader, but have been reading several of my daughter's books with the Kindle app on my phone. My daughter flies through books lightening fast (so for those who have loaned us books, please know that she really IS reading them, despite the quick return). This lending club has been a lifesaver (or more like a wallet saver) for us, so THANK YOU to those who set it up and have worked so hard at working out the kinks.

Lisa...so sorry for your losses. I've been there...when it all seems to hit at once.

message 8: by Linda (last edited Jan 29, 2011 09:54PM) (new)

Linda (linda_green) Welcome all!

Colette - I had one of the very first generation Kindles and it stopped working on me last November. I've been biding my time with Kindle for PC since and am now waiting on my new Kindle (is it really 3rd generation now?) to arrive this week. Seems like there have been a lot of changes to it that I'll have to get used to myself!

Lisa - It's terrible how things tend to snowball on us but it sounds like you are surrounding yourself with family, friends and books to help keep your life somewhat sane. Welcome to the group, hopefully you'll find a home here :)

Annette - I worried about that too! I read very quickly and since reading is a part of my job I often have more time to read than most so I've been afraid that people will think I didn't actually read them. I finished my first loan tonight (got it this morning) and was trying to decide whether to go ahead and send it back or wait...for that exact reason. I'll probably wait until tomorrow and return it then but I do hope they realize I read it :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Elizabeth, thanks for the warm welcome and for your kind words :-) Hope your Kindle arrives soon so that you and enjoy it as much as I do, well like we all do