Latino and Latin American Literature discussion

stranded with a latin american book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rommel (new)

Rommel | 2 comments If you were thrown on an island and had only one choice of a latin american book to take with you to read which would it be and why?

message 2: by David (new)

David (davidbowles) | 2 comments Cien años de soledad, as Macondo is a microcosm of the human world, and every time I reread it I delved more deeply into another side of our collective nature.

message 3: by Rommel (new)

Rommel | 2 comments hello David, thanks for your reply,,,I read Cine anos de soledad in my university days and had to do a paper on it and not only did i fall in love with the book but it became my favorite,,,i haven't reread it again so maybe it's time i do that,,,I would have to say that the book i would take with me to this island though would be 2666 by Roberto Bolano,,,even though i haven't read it yet, i did read "The Savage Detectives" and cant but be impressed with his style of writing, i tend to remember some of his stories from his novel, i also heard 2666 is his masterpiece, i also like the feeling of learning of new stories and being surprised when reading a new book. Thanks again for your post!

message 4: by David (new)

David (davidbowles) | 2 comments 2666 is a messy, powerful, ugly-and-beautiful book. You are going to love it.

Latino and Latin American Literature

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

2666 (other topics)