Entering the Galahad discussion

Dorms > Dorm #2- Carina and Lynn

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sevania, Ship Captain (new)

Sevania (sevthedev) | 894 comments Mod
((This is the dorm for the Engineering Captain and the Fitness Captain.))

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 28, 2011 12:15PM) (new)

Half of the room, Carina's, had a tropical feeling. Three posters decorate the room, one has a Hawaiian vibrant pink flower on it, one is the map of Hawaii, and the last one was of red parrot sitting on a branch. On her dresser was only one thing, a glass turtle, a gift from her older brother before she left. Her bed was normal, cream sheets and pillowcases with a big lime green blanket. Right my her bed was a nightstand, a lamp with a lime green shade for reading and a worn down teddy bear, a gift from her young little sister. The last piece of furniture was a white desk with a matching white chair with a green cushion, a white new laptop sat on it and two postcards both of them from Hawaii showing animals of all sorts. A crudely made necklace of shells hung on he doorhandle, a project she made in second grade. The other half of the room, her roommate's half, had the same furniture but a different feeling.

message 3: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 407 comments Mod
Lynn's side of the room had nothing on the walls, and her furniture looked very similar to Carina's, but most of hers was covered with a tool or mechanical piece. She knew that she should probably clean up her side of the room, so she put the small engine down and began to gather up the loose pieces, putting them in an empty box.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Carina just sat down at her desk when she heard the whirring of the engines, sighing she turned on her laptop. She hated the fact that she was her brother and sister, her home, her planet. Knowing she was helping mankind, she entered her password. Her wallpaper slowly showed, it was a picture of her family before her mom and dad died. Checking her e-mail she felt a pang of sadness. It was painful for her to leave her family behind and have to adopt her new 'family.' The e-mails were nothing important, just good-byes from the command center. Closing her e-mail, her laptop still on, she layed on her bed.

message 5: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

Lynn put the box underneath her bed, then sat down, leaning against the wall again. She looked at Carina. "Everything alright?" she asked carefully.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yes," she said sharply. "Just nervous about take off," she lied. Turning on her side she looked at her posters. Her favorite one, the one with the parrot, reminded her of her parrot.

message 7: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

Lynn nodded, not answering. She knew that nerves were not what was bothering her, but she decided not to ask. The last thing she needed was to annoy her roomate. She looked up at the poster that Carina was looking at. She smiled. "Parrots are really interesting, aren't they?" she asked, toying with her small engine again.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yes," Carina replied. "It's amazing how they can repeat words said to them." Remembering her parrot, Squawkers, and his favorite saying "Eat your peas, eat your peas."

message 9: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (last edited Jan 28, 2011 12:42PM) (new)

Lynn smiled. "Amazing," she said softly, mostly to herself. She wondered if she could possibly make a mechanical parrot, one that could deliver messages throughout the ship. She thought about it, then took out her box of pieces and tools, setting the engine aside again.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

The engines went up another level of sound. Taking that as a sign of leaving Earth even sooner, she walked over to the window. Looking out she knew her brother and sister are watching the launch. She knew they were glad for her yet sad she was leaving. Saying a silent good bye to her siblings, she watched.

message 11: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (last edited Jan 28, 2011 12:54PM) (new)

Lynn glanced up, seeing Carina at the window on her side of the dorm. Lynn, still holding the box, walked to her window, looking down at the Earth that didn't hold anyone important to her. She'd had no family, no friends, no one that would be sad to see her go. She was glad that she wouldn't cause anyone the trouble of worrying about her.

As the ship rose higher, things in the room began to tilt or fall over. Lynn tried making her way back to her bed, but stumbled over her lamp that had fallen off her desk. She managed to stay upright, but she'd dropped her box. Most of the items inside stayed put, but the rest fell onto the floor.
"Shoot," Lynn muttered, picking up the scattered pieces.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

The ship started to tilt vertical, surprised Carina grabbed the windowsill. Remembing the command center's warning she secured all her stuff. Just in case the wanted to move stuff, she taped the bottom of her stuff down.

message 13: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

Lynn watched Carina and began to secure her things down, too. Instead of taping them, though, she used scraps of metal and braced them onto the floor. She hoped that it would be somewhat easy to take them off if she wanted to.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Done securing, Carina returned back to the window. She wanted to watch the launch, not just feel it. "Thank you," she whispered to everyone who helped her in her life.

message 15: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

When Lynn was finished, she sat on her bed, looking out her window. She wondered what it was like to have family and friends that loved you. Lynn couldn't remember ever having a family, not even her parents. By the way Carina looked out the window, it was clear that she did have a family, and some of them were most likely still on Earth.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Carina was surprised by her sudden burst of emotions. Mentally reprimanding herself she went to her desk. Sitting down, she remembered her little 'mishappening' at command center. It was then she decided to keep her emotions to herself and so far it was working.

message 17: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

Lynn looked at the clock she'd made as a child that was on her desk. It was late, and she wondered how they would be notified if there was a comand meeting. She looked out the window, wondering when her life had begun changing so much.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

"Okay," Carina said sternly. "It's to get down to buisness. Since we're going to be sharing this room for a while, we need to come up with some rules. First, both of us have privacy. No going through each other's stuff without permission."

message 19: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

Lynn nodded. That one was a given. She'd never had to share a room with anyone, but she doubted that she would go as far as looking through their stuff.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"Number two," Carina said even more strictly. "Do not wake up someone else if you get up early. Only do this if it's a emergency. Sleeping is essential for a good fitness routine. Got it?"

message 21: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

Lynn nodded. She could tell that Carina was very serious about the rules, and she knew that she could follow them.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"The last I can think of is no hogging the bathroom? Ok? We both will want to use it. Do you have anything to add? I'm sure more will be added later on."

message 23: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

Lynn thought for a second. Then she shook her head. "I can't think of any at the moment. Yours seem to cover it all." she said.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

"Okay," Carina nodded her head. Noticing the floors were back to normal, she watched from the windows as Earth got smaller and smaller.

message 25: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

Lynn felt the floor level out, and she saw that her box had tipped over again. She sighed, picking up all of the pieces. She decided that, when she had time, she would make a cover for it.

message 26: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 28, 2011 02:45PM) (new)

Carina turned away from the window, behind her was Earth as small as a marble. The light caught her eyes, making her piercing green eyes sparkle. Grabbing a hair band from her dresser she grabbed her hair and made a short ponytail. Taking off her yellow sweatshirt, she revealed a blue tanktop. Dressed in work-out clothes (like always) she tied her tennis shoes. Blowing a strand of dark brown hair that got left behind from the ponytail from her face, she strode out her dorm. "I'll be working out," she called behind her shoulder.

message 27: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

Lynn looked at the doorway after Carina had left. She didn't think that fitness sounded like fun at the moment, so she picked up her box of mechanical parts and walked toward the Control Room.

message 28: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

Lynn entered her room, noticing that Carina wasn't there. She sat down on the edge of her bed, her back against the wall. She thought about everything that had happened, and wondered what it would be like to have a family.

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) Laruin found Lynn's dorm, still having Kida in tow. He knocked. "Lynn?" He asked. "Captain?"

message 30: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) "Get off me!" Kida said she was getting really close to using the wrench in her hand

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) Laruin looked back at her. "I can't. First I have to give these things to Lynn, then I have to get you back to Kiana so that she can re-bandage your arm."

message 32: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Kida gripped the wrench and wiggled it in front of his face. "Let. Go." she hissed

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) Laruin took the wrench and pried it out of her hand with his. "How do I know that you won't go back there?"

message 34: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) "I'm armed" she said. "Plus, I have work to do anyway. So I kinda have to go." she said

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) Laruin shook his head. "Let the others fix it. You stay here. With me. Until Lynn gives us orders."

message 36: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) "I have orders! To do my job!" she shot righ back leaning down to her left boot

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) Laruin waved the papers. "Not anymore." He turned back to the door. "Lynn!"

((Sky! Get on!!!))

message 38: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Kida froze "What?" she said put her hand in her boot and hooking her fingers around something

message 39: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

((Sorry! I couldn't go on till now...))

Lynn watched the two people in the doorway. "Um...yes, that's me." she said to Laruin, standing up and walking over. "Who is this?" she asked, looking at Kida.

message 40: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) "I'm one of your engineers" Kida said pulling her hand out of her boot to reveal that she had brass knuckles "Man, if you just wanted to see her with me you could have asked" she put them back "I'm Kida and I would just love" to wiggled under Laruin's grasp "To know why he sragged me down here"

message 41: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

Lynn smiled, trying not to laugh. "Hello, Kida," she said, glancing over at Laruin. "And you know, I'm beginning to wonder about that myself."

message 42: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Kida eyed the papers in Laruin's hand "I belive it was do do something with those." she said pointing

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) Laruin handed Lynn the papers. "Nice to see you again, Lynn. Er, Captain." He said. "Orders from my sister."

message 44: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) "Orders?" Kida said quietly the she sighed and hit Laruin's shoulder pressure point making him release her. She slipped out of his grasp but stayed right where she was

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) Laruin glared at her, but was glad she stayed there.

message 46: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Kida's harsh gaze slid to Lynn

message 47: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

((wait, what are they supposed to say? Sorry, I was gone, and now I'm all confused...))

Lynn took the papers from Laruin, beginning to read them. She hadn't noticed the looked exchanged between Laruin and Kida.

message 48: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) ((They shouldn't work and both are injured))

message 49: by Sky , Lynn, Engineering Captain (new)

((Oooohhh, I see. Thank you...))

Lynn finished reading the papers, looking back up at Kida and Laruin. "Injured?" she asked. Then she noticed Kida's arm. "Oh, I see."

message 50: by Simply (new)

Simply (ninjaofthekeyboard) Kida raised an eyebrow "and........." she said crossing her arms then wincing

« previous 1