Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '11 - '12 > Demonica Series

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Jan 28, 2011 10:26AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Ione's Demonica Series consists of:
Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione Sin Undone (Demonica, #5) by Larissa Ione Eternity Embraced (Demonica) by Larissa Ione

Pleasure Unbound
Desire Unchained
Passion Unleashed
Ecstasy Unveiled
Sin Undone
Eternity Embraced

I believe there is also a short story in the Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance 2.

Some questions to consider:
Which of the books is your favorite?
Which of the books is your least favorite?
Which sibling do you like the most? The least?
If someone enjoyed this series, which series would you refer them to next?

message 2: by Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (last edited Jan 28, 2011 03:09PM) (new)

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) | 58 comments I absolutely love this series! I was sad when it ended but the last book was the perfect ending for a great series. The author's world building is extremely unique and her characters are well developed, even with their flaws. The heroes are all Alpha males and the heroines are all strong willed. This is a must read series for any paranormal romance fan!

It's hard to choose a favorite but if I had to I'd choose Passion Unleashed...Wraith is my fave brother!

I think E's book was my least fave....his and Tayla's story didn't captivate me as the others did but I do like their relationship throughout the rest of the books.

I'd recommend the Nightwalkers series by Jacquelyn Frank for anyone who enjoyed his series, it's much more detailed but also deals with demons finding their mates.

message 3: by Akaria (new)

Akaria Gale | 17 comments This is by far my favorite series. It's soooo very engrossing. Ione puts the couple through the ringer and I really couldn't put any of these books down.

Eidolon ended up being my favorite brother. He's smart and strong and really cares about his family and the demon community at large. He's patient with Tayla as she struggles to accept previously unknown things about herself. He's open to Lore and Sin joining the family even though they are strangers and assassins. He will kick some major ass if you threaten his hospital or his family. Love me some Dr. E!

I loved all of her heroines because while different they were all take charge, strong females. Some were fighters and warriors while others just knew how to handle themselves and protect their loved ones. Idess ended up being my favorite. The angel in waiting who's very sweet and gentle until it's time to throw down. Her and Lore had some incredibly hot scenes.

After Demonica? Well I like Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld. LOTU doesn't have the heat factor of Demonica though. But I like the universe she's built and I'm a sucker for demons. BDB's got good heat but Ward's writing style is very peculiar.

message 4: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments This is one of my favorite series, I think was my first series featuring demons so for me it was like mind blowing.

As for my favorite book I liked the all but the one I have never reread was Desire Unchained. I liked it at the time but it never grabbed me.

My favorite brother is Eidolon hands down. Maybe it was because he was first or maybe it is because he is so lethal yet caring. Plus he is smart and generally yummy :-)

Next series I think maybe the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian. You have the comradery between the warriors and you still have a great romance.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I was just checking out the new releases at Audible and Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione and Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione are now on audio

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Oh thanks for the info Nichole!!!

I'm debating re-reading the first book since she is our AOM for Feb. I haven't read it in awhile and my library books are severely lacking at the moment.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 66 comments I re-read Pleasure Unbound this morning. I do love these books but I have to agree that Wraith is my favourite brother.

Eternity Embraced is book 3.5 and is a fleshed out version of the short story in The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2.

I recently won a contest on Larissa's facebook page and as a bonus she snuch in a couple of bookmarks... The Demonica one is rather droolworthy! :)