Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '11 - '12 > Magic Lost, Trouble Found - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Jan 28, 2011 10:09AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments For the discussion of: Magic Lost, Trouble Found by Lisa Shearin
Magic Lost, Trouble Found (Raine Benares, #1) by Lisa Shearin to begin in Feb.

Please note, if you would like to make a comment but not see spoilers please head over to our Feb BOM Roll Call Thread.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I started this one last night...only about 2 chapters in but so far so good..

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Glad to hear it's starting off good Nichole!

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I finished this one this morning...it was a very fun read, the book was fast paced from beginning to end and while everything was not completely wrapped up...it did not leave you with a nasty cliff hanger....will definitely read the second one...

Anyone else read this one yet?

message 5: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 237 comments I read this one a while ago. It's set in a fantasy world with a historical setting which reminded me of the Black Magician Trilogy, has a heroine who reminded me of Kate Daniels and a love triangle similar to Anita Blake. I liked it despite the slow start. The goblins made think of vampires with their long canines and deadly grace. I've read all but the latest book.

message 6: by Betelgeuze (new)

Betelgeuze | 158 comments I really liked this book, although from the description i thought it was UF. Instead the book is set in an entirely fictional world. There is plenty of action in the book and the plot was engaging.

I liked Raine, and am looking forward to seeing her character develop more in the next books.

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I tried it, but ended up putting it down. It was more fantasy than I like.

message 8: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I tried this one, but just couldn't get into it and ended up giving it up.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_anne) | 253 comments This book took me a little while to get into... While I ended up liking the dynamic between Raine, Tam and Mychael, I'm not sure that I would read anymore books in this series.

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Oh well.. I guess this one wasn't a winner lol.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments It was more fantasy then I normally read too...but I got sucked in..... especially with the Raine/Tam/Mychael dynamic....I am on book three and nothing has been resolved between the three of them yet

message 12: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 237 comments Nichole wrote: "It was more fantasy then I normally read too...but I got sucked in..... especially with the Raine/Tam/Mychael dynamic....I am on book three and nothing has been resolved between the three of them yet"

I believe all is resolved in #4, Bewitched & Betrayed (Raine Benares, #4) by Lisa Shearin .

message 13: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments I tried this one a while ago and it was not working out for me. If I see it at the library I may give it another go but outside of that I am inlined to let it go.

message 14: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 62 comments I finished this on the last day of Feb. I ended up liking it, but it was too slow at the beginning and I would have probably put it down if it hadn't been in a couple of my challenges. I will probably continue with the series eventually as I do really like the characters.