Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Reviews

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) | 7 comments Ok, there are so many great librarians out there doing the big stuff with the books but I am a little detail kind of gal. I guess someone has to do it, right?

Anyway, I have been looking at quizzes and reviews and whatnot and noticed that several contain spoilers that are unmarked in both quizzes and reviews. I know that we can edit the quizzes to help with wrong answers, spoilers and gibberish but is there a way to do this with reviews? Kind of disappointing when you are glancing through reviews and one says in the very first line "OMG I cant believe so and so DIED in this book!!!!!"

Is there a way to edit how reviews are displayed (as possible spoiler and hide entire review for spoilers) so that we as librarians can mark them appropriately for viewing? And is there a way to mark reviews as spam for review and possibly removal if they are found to be actual spam?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45058 comments Mod
Anyone, librarian or not, can flag a review as containing spoilers, or as being spam. There's a small "flag" link on each review's individual page.

message 3: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) | 7 comments Ah. Thank you. I didnt see it because I did not go to the review page. Would it not be better to put it down maybe next to the like button or around in that area so that it could be easily used?

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45058 comments Mod
I bet the number of accidental flags would skyrocket if it were there.

message 5: by MissJessie (new)

MissJessie | 874 comments Cynic :)