Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Discussion > gargoyles and dragons

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jlyates (last edited Jan 27, 2011 10:32AM) (new)

Jlyates | 37 comments There doesn't seem to be a series for these beings.

RULES
main focus is gargoyes or dragons unless noted otherwise**

if gargoyles or dragons isnt a major part of the series please do not list it.

if a series is listed already please do not add it twice

if there is no cover photo please wait to list until there is one.

(hope it is okay if I copied this)

message 2: by Grammy (new)

Grammy 1 | 16 comments Janette

I know....I will be sayin' it again...
Leanore Elliott has a Beast series...there will be 3
that are gargoyles...I know 1 is out I reviewed it on The Paranormal Romance Guild Books on Review 2010
check out her authors page on that site....and why don't you join????its free

grammy

message 3: by Jlyates (last edited Jan 27, 2011 10:50AM) (new)

Jlyates | 37 comments Here are a couple of dragon ones.

Deborah Cooke
Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire, #1) by Deborah Cooke Kiss of Fury (Dragonfire, #2) by Deborah Cooke Kiss of Fate (Dragonfire, #3) by Deborah Cooke Winter Kiss (Dragonfire, #4) by Deborah Cooke Whisper Kiss (Dragonfire, #5) by Deborah Cooke Harmonia's Kiss (Dragonfire Series) by Deborah Cooke Darkfire Kiss by Deborah Cooke

message 4: by Jlyates (new)

Jlyates | 37 comments Dragon ActuallyAbout A DragonWhat A Dragon Should KnowLast Dragon Standing

Great series by G. A. Aiken. Lots of humor, good sex and very strong heriones.

Carved in Stone (Les Gargouillen, 1) by Vickie Taylor Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen, 2) by Vickie Taylor Legacy of Stone (Les Gargouillen, 3) by Vickie Taylor

I have read the first two, really good series, have the third one on my tbr list.

message 5: by Enjee (new)

Enjee | 15 comments There is a character named Bis in the later Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison. Bis is a gargoyle.

message 6: by Enjee (new)

Enjee | 15 comments There is a character named Stone in the later books by Devon Monk. Stone is a gargoyle.

message 7: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Aisling Grey
You Slay Me (Aisling Grey Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey Guardian, #2) by Katie MacAlister Light My Fire (Aisling Grey Guardian, #3) by Katie MacAlister Holy Smokes (Aisling Grey Guardian, #4) by Katie MacAlister

Silver Dragons
Playing With Fire (Silver Dragons, #1) by Katie MacAlister Up In Smoke (Silver Dragons, #2) by Katie MacAlister Me and My Shadow (Silver Dragons, #3) by Katie MacAlister

Light Dragons
Love in the Time of Dragons (Light Dragons, #1) by Katie MacAlister The Unbearable Lightness of Dragons (Light Dragons, #2) by Katie MacAlister

message 8: by Amy (last edited Mar 08, 2011 04:31AM) (new)

Amy | 3 comments Allyson James has a decent dragon romance series out.The Dragon Master
The Black Dragon
Dragon Heat

message 9: by Sandy (last edited Mar 08, 2011 12:11PM) (new)

Sandy | 31 comments One of the main characters in The Negotiator series by C.E. Murphy is a gargoyle.
Heart Of Stone
House of Cards
Hands Of Flame

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (dejameek) | 40 comments Gena Showalter's Atlantis series has at least one dragon book. Heart of the Dragon. There might be more, I don't know. I haven't finished the series.

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy | 3 comments Jade Lee has some dragon books
Dragonborn by Jade Lee
Dragonbound by Jade Lee

message 12: by Charia (last edited Mar 09, 2011 12:04PM) (new)

Charia (charia81) I got to read an ARC of Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison and really loved it. It is a paranormal romance with a dragon shifter as the male lead. It's supposed to be released in May 3rd, 2011. I know this doesn't help you til then but wanted to tell you about it anyways.

It is going to be a series called Elder Races. Each book about different people but in the same group of characters, they are not all dragons though. I will be reading them all.

Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison

message 13: by Betelgeuze (last edited Dec 03, 2014 02:19AM) (new)

Betelgeuze | 69 comments The Dragon Delasangre series by Alan F. Troop:
The Dragon Delasangre (Dragon Delasangre, #1) by Alan F. Troop Dragon Moon (Dragon Delasangre, #2) by Alan F. Troop The Seadragon's Daughter (Dragon Delasangre, #3) by Alan F. Troop A Host of Dragons (Dragon Delasangre, #4) by Alan F. Troop

The Stormwalker series by Allyson James:
Stormwalker (Stormwalker, #1) by Allyson James Firewalker (Stormwalker, #2) by Allyson James Shadow Walker (Stormwalker, #3) by Allyson James

The Spelmason Chronicles by Anton Strout
Alchemystic (The Spellmason Chronicles, #1) by Anton Strout Stonecast (The Spellmason Chronicles, #2) by Anton Strout Incarnate (A Spellmason Chronicle) by Anton Strout

message 14: by Emmie (new)

Emmie | 2 comments Jlyates wrote: "Dragon ActuallyAbout A DragonWhat A Dragon Should KnowLast Dragon Standing

Great series by G. A. Aiken. Lots of humor, good sex and v..."

These are so good! And legitimately funny.

message 15: by Tiffany (last edited Mar 25, 2011 10:20PM) (new)

Tiffany | 17 comments The Bitterwood trilogy by James Maxey are pretty good. I'm about halfway through the 2nd book right now. Dragons are the main focus of the books and it takes place in the future with a very refreshing take on dragons.

Bitterwood by James Maxey Dragonforge by James Maxey Dragonseed by James Maxey

Also, Dragon Bones and Dragon Blood by Patricia Briggs were pretty good.

Dragon Bones (Hurog, #1) by Patricia Briggs Dragon Blood (Hurog, #2) by Patricia Briggs

Of course, there is always the Dragonlance series that are too numerous to mention here, I'll just put the first few. (Recommend reading the original authors-weis and hickman, the other spinoff authors are kind of hit and miss, some aren't as good.)

Dragons of Autumn Twilight (Dragonlance Chronicles, #1) by Margaret Weis Dragons of Winter Night (Dragonlance Chronicles, #2) by Margaret Weis Dragons of Spring Dawning (Dragonlance Chronicles, #3) by Margaret Weis

There are the classic Dragonriders of Pern.
First few:

Dragonflight (Pern Dragonriders of Pern, #1) by Anne McCaffrey Dragonquest (Pern Dragonriders of Pern, # 2) by Anne McCaffrey The White Dragon (Pern Dragonriders of Pern, #3) by Anne McCaffrey

The Temeraire series. (haven't read yet but on my TBR shelf). heard a lot of good things about this series.

His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1) by Naomi Novik Throne of Jade (Temeraire, #2) by Naomi Novik Black Powder War (Temeraire, #3) by Naomi Novik Empire of Ivory (Temeraire, #4) by Naomi Novik Victory of Eagles (Temeraire, #5) by Naomi Novik

message 16: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison Storm's Heart by Thea Harrison

I had never heard of this new author before and I'm excited that I found her! I loved the first book as much as I do books from some of my other fav PNR authors -- Cole, Frost, Singh, Ione, etc. The series reminds me a lot in style to Ione's Demonica series--mix of action, adventure, supense, and very good romance; great character development; hot alpha, possessive hero; strong female lead; and good dialogue. I really liked the lead characters and supporting cast. The range character types was cool too--dragon shifters (lead hero), gryphons, thunderbirds, Fae, elves, and more.

message 17: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Elsborg I had a book released today by Loose-ID that features a gargoyle and - Ohh I don't want to give the plot away. It's an erotic menage so not suitable if you don't like sexy bits!!

It's called Rocked
and I'm Barbara Elsborg!

The Rock

Desired by men and women, Eli’s good looks make sexual conquest easy until he attends a party at the Supernatural Museum, where they land him in deep trouble. He says no to the wrong women, and his punishment is to learn the ultimate meaning of loneliness.

The Stone Maiden

Much to her family’s disappointment, not only is Pepper single but she works a hard and dirty job as an apprentice stonemason. Pepper loves bringing stone to life with her chisel but struggles with the isolation that comes with being different. Then there’s her attraction to her boss, Alessandro, who appears to prefer men. When Eli materializes out of nowhere, Pepper can hardly believe her eyes. Now she’s caught between a rock and a hard place.

The Hard Place

His hands hardened by years training to become a master stonemason, Alessandro is an expert at his craft, but not in matters of the heart. A daily frustration when he’s in hopelessly in love with Pepper and the man of his dreams has disappeared. As Alessandro’s team begins to restore the Supernatural Museum, he, Pepper, and Eli are drawn into the building’s secrets and risk losing everything they hold dear.

message 18: by A.R. (new)

A.R. Moler | 29 comments Sandy wrote: "One of the main characters in The Negotiator series by C.E. Murphy is a gargoyle.
Heart Of Stone
House of Cards
Hands Of Flame"

I've liked this series fairly well. But I have to admit the first left me emotionally unsatisfied in many ways.

message 19: by Alexia (new)

Alexia Chantel (alexiachantel) | 2 comments Shanna Abe has a series with dragons, pretty good.
The Smoke Thief (Drakon, #1) by Shana Abé

message 20: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 33 comments I would throw Michelle Pillows SFR onto the pile and some Viola Grace for shorts.

The Barbarian Prince (Dragon Lords, #1) by Michelle M. Pillow A fun series with a cat shifters offshoot.

Dragon Summons (Sector Guard, #8) by Viola Grace The Warder's Dragon (Warders, #2) by Viola Grace

message 21: by Rubi (new)

Rubi (shall813) | 28 comments Mariya wrote: "Aisling Grey
You Slay Me (Aisling Grey Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlisterFire Me Up (Aisling Grey Guardian, #2) by Katie MacAlisterLight My Fire (Aisling Grey Guardian, #3) by Katie MacAlisterHoly Smokes (Aisling Grey Guardian, #4) by Katie MacAlister

Silver Dragons
Playing With Fire (Silver Dragons, #1) by Katie MacAlister[bookcover:U..."

LOOOVVVEEE THIS SERIES!!!!

message 22: by Nanna -DD- (last edited Aug 19, 2011 08:35AM) (new)

Nanna -DD- | 2736 comments Lexi wrote: "Shanna Abe has a series with dragons, pretty good.
The Smoke Thief (Drakon, #1) by Shana Abé"

I read the first book. It was quite alright.

Anne McCaffrey Anne MacCattrey is a great author of dragon books. She's written too many about dragons to name :P

Eragon Eldest Brisingr is also a good dragon series, although it's YA

message 23: by Becky (last edited Aug 19, 2011 01:55PM) (new)

Becky Marjorie M Liu has a couple of books with gargoyles in them. I can't remember the titles right now but they are in her Dirk and Steel serise.

t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ aka Barbara (tirla) Love this series..the main sidekick in all the books is a very short gargoyle named Levit and he is hilarious!

Alexandra Ivy Guardians of Eternity
When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity, #1) by Alexandra Ivy Embrace The Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #2) by Alexandra Ivy Darkness Everlasting (Guardians of Eternity, #3) by Alexandra Ivy Darkness Revealed (Guardians of Eternity, #4) by Alexandra Ivy
Darkness Unleashed (Guardians of Eternity, #5) by Alexandra Ivy Beyond The Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #6) by Alexandra Ivy Devoured by Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #7) by Alexandra Ivy
and her new one due out this fall
Bound By Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #8) by Alexandra Ivy

message 25: by Beatrix (last edited Aug 24, 2011 10:52AM) (new)

Beatrix (trixy72) | 17 comments Deborah Cooke Dragonfire series.
Christopher Paolini Eragon trilogy.
Naomi Novik:
Temeraire
1. Temeraire (2006)
aka His Majesty's Dragon
2. The Throne of Jade (2006)
3. Black Powder War (2006)
4. Empire of Ivory (2007)
5. Victory of Eagles (2008)
6. Tongues of Serpents (2010)
7. Crucible of Gold (2012)

Bianca D'Arc:

Dragon Knights - Daughters of the Dragon
4. The Ice Dragon (2007)
5. Prince of Spies (2007)

Dragon Knights - Sons of Draconia
1. Wings of Change (2007)
2. Firedrake (2009)
3. Dragon Storm (2010)
Bianca's books are erotic.

message 26: by Subz221 (last edited Aug 26, 2011 01:26PM) (new)

Subz221 Firelight by Sophie Jordan is really good. Its sequel, Vanish, is coming out soon. Another series with dragons is the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini (Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr)

message 27: by Lauren (new)

Lauren The Last Dragonlord (Dragonlord, #1) by Joanne Bertin
This book is more fantasy than urban fantasy. The main characters can shapeshift into dragons. There's a sequel but the series has been out for years, ends on a cliff hanger and the author hasn't picked it back up so read with caution! This was my favorite fantasy book for a long time actually.

message 28: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 99 comments Enjee wrote: "There is a character named Bis in the later Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison. Bis is a gargoyle."

He is funny, and plays some big parts in the last few books

message 29: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 99 comments Charia wrote: "I got to read an ARC of Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison and really loved it. It is a paranormal romance with a dragon shifter as the male lead. It's supposed to be released in May 3rd,..."

It's a really good series. Dragon, griffin, gargoyle, harpy, thunderbird, fae are all characters

message 30: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 99 comments Tessa Adams, Dragon Heat series. All the characters are either human or dragon.

Annette Blair, Works Like Magick. Book 1 & 2 are about a different dragon brother & the one from book 1 makes an appearance in book 3. Book 2 is about an angel & I don't know why it's included in the series other then the one lady is also in it (she's a social worker/employement agency type person for paranormal people).

message 31: by Alvin (new)

Alvin | 41 comments I'm adding my vote to the The Dragonriders of Pern books and the Temeraire series His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire #1) by Naomi Novik

Also, adding Wildfire by Mina Khan , which features an Asian take on dragons.

message 32: by Joey (new)

Joey (mostlyjoe) I tried so hard to get into Temeraire, but got so bored around book 2. *sigh*

message 33: by Alvin (new)

Alvin | 41 comments Joey wrote: "I tried so hard to get into Temeraire, but got so bored around book 2. *sigh*"

Well, I'm a history buff and I think that helped...I like the way the author recasts history. :D

message 34: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (ucdlindsey) I don't see this series listed above, the main character is human but several of the other major characters are dragons, the dragon race gets quite a bit of attention in the books.

Cast in Shadow (Chronicles of Elantra, #1) by Michelle Sagara - Chronicles of Elantra series by Michelle Sagara

message 35: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 243 comments Call Of The Dragon (Return to Avalore, #1) by Elianne Adams - I enjoyed the first one a lot!

message 36: by Jesi (new)

Jesi Born of Stone

this would have to be one of my fave gargoyle books out so far... cant wait for the next book!

message 38: by Missy (new)

Missy Jane (missyjane) | 2 comments Jes wrote: "Born of Stone

this would have to be one of my fave gargoyle books out so far... cant wait for the next book!"

Thank you!!! Book two will be out next summer. :-)

message 39: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (ucdlindsey) Memoirs of Lady Trent:
A Natural History of Dragons (The Memoirs of Lady Trent #1) by Marie Brennan The Tropic of Serpents (The Memoirs of Lady Trent #2) by Marie Brennan The Voyage of the Basilisk (The Memoirs of Lady Trent #3) by Marie Brennan In the Labyrinth of Drakes (The Memoirs of Lady Trent #4) by Marie Brennan

message 40: by Lacey (new)

Lacey (she2beautiful) Dragon
Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1) by Jaymin Eve Dragon Mystics (Supernatural Prison, #2) by Jaymin Eve Dragon Mated (Supernatural Prison, #3) by Jaymin Eve