This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

GRID-LOCK!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by smetchie (last edited Jan 26, 2011 06:51PM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments A snow storm hit my area at rush hour creating area wide grid-lock. People are abandoning their cars and walking. My husband won't be making it home. The highways are parking lots. I'd like to take a moment to thank my lucky stars that I work part-time and left at 2:30 right before the clusterfuck started.

I wonder how Teresa fared.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments there is only one thing to do!!! GET FUCKED UP!!!!!!! i'll accompany you if you down with it!

message 3: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments ...except I have to go to work tomorrow because it's all gonna be cleared up by then.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments fine! i'm drinking anyway tho!!! maybe if you had some platanos you could drink every day!

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Yes. Perhaps.

message 6: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Wait, I didn't say I wasn't drinking. I'm always drinking. I'm just not gonna GET FUCKED UP.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments if you ain't getting fucked up you ain't drinking!

message 8: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) Alfonso wrote: "if you ain't getting fucked up you ain't drinking!"

You, my friend, are a sage!

message 9: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) Hoping to wait out the disaster, I went to a bar and drank until 8:30. When I realized it was useless, I call a friend who lived nearby and told him I was going to sleep at his place. I couldn't get out of the bars parking lot because the guy in front of me got stuck on top of a mound of snow. I told him I could just pull up on his bumper and push him out...no bumper, just plastic. He was afraid I'd crush the rear end. After an hour of attempting to clear the snow from under the car, I pushed him out. Slow an easy...no damage!

Co-workers had horrific tales of commutes that took anywhere between 5 to 11 hours. The bar was lovely. Warm room, cold beer, spicy wings and a Hockey game on the TV.

message 10: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments It took Teresa 5 hours to get to McLean.