Never Judge a Book by its Movie discussion

Other > Have You Heard of...

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sky , Head Mod who needs to get online more often (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 88 comments Mod
I've been noticing how group members are always asking if anyone's ever heard of a certain series, book, movie, author, etc. Well, now we have a place to ask stuff like that. Who knows, someone might find a topic that could make a good group....

message 2: by Sky , Head Mod who needs to get online more often (new)

Has anyone else read the Wolves of Mercy Falls series? The books are Shiver, Linger, and Forever, and the author is Maggie Stiefvater...

message 3: by Neki (new)

Neki | 81 comments nope,but I have heard of them.I don't think we have them in our library

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

No havent. Are they good?

message 5: by Sky , Head Mod who needs to get online more often (new)

Well, I liked the first one, and I just finished the second one as a book on tape. My advice: don't listen to a book on tape. It's kind of like reading a book, but I kept being picky about the voices, and wasn't paying attention to the second book's story. *sigh*

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I know that is the only way my mom can 'read' books.

message 7: by Sky , Head Mod who needs to get online more often (new)

It drives me crazy. That's just me, though. I'd much rather read the book than listen to it.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I fall asleep. LOL

I'm like 'And they walked into a dark cave where rabid man eaters are known to live' Me-SSSSSSSNOOOOOOOOOOORRRREEEE

message 9: by Thoo (new)

Thoo lol, is the wolves of mercy falls good?

message 10: by Sky , Head Mod who needs to get online more often (new)

I liked them. I'm not sure if that counts as ood or not, but....

Anyways, I think the third one comes out in April. I'll have to check.....

message 11: by Sky , Head Mod who needs to get online more often (last edited Jan 28, 2011 08:46PM) (new)

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/94...

You can look at the 3rd book in the series if ou follow this link. Anyways, I liked the first one better than the second, but that's just me...

message 12: by Rose (new)

Rose (chomesuke) The first one better than the first? I've only read the first and I really, really liked it. The library doesn't want to get Linger for some reason though and I never have the money to get all the books I want from the over expensive book store.

message 13: by Sky , Head Mod who needs to get online more often (new)

Oh, I know. My library only had Linger on tape. If you end up finding it on tape, don't check it out. Unless, of course, you learn better by hearing rather than reading. I barely knew what was going on in the tape...but then again, I have some serious issues with being patient, and the tape took forever to finally finish....

message 14: by Rose (new)

Rose (chomesuke) Has anyone read Embrace by Jessica Shirvington? I'm going to read it and I want to know if it's very good first.

message 15: by Sky , Head Mod who needs to get online more often (new)

Nope, sorry..

message 16: by Rose (new)

Rose (chomesuke) Okay, thanks anyway.

message 17: by Sky , Head Mod who needs to get online more often (new)

:] Now that you mention it, I wanna look it up...*sigh* As you can tell, I'm a pretty impatient person...

message 18: by Rose (new)

Rose (chomesuke) Yeah I can tell. I for some reason keep putting off reading it. I want to read it but I don't seem to be able to for some reason.

message 19: by Sky , Head Mod who needs to get online more often (new)

I just finished looking it up. It does look interesting, but I won't be able to read it until I find it. *sigh*

message 20: by Rose (new)

Rose (chomesuke) I found it almostt immediately at my library. Lucky me.

message 21: by Sky , Head Mod who needs to get online more often (new)

Lol :]

message 22: by Neki (new)

Neki | 81 comments Have you heard of 'Artemis Fowl'?I have read until the sixth but I can't find the 7th one any where!!And there will be a new book in the series yet to come.

message 23: by Rose (new)

Rose (chomesuke) I haven't found it. Oh, and I finished Embrace. I loved it but it was a little boring at the start. I reccomend it.

message 24: by Lexi (new)

Lexi Da Music Luvr ♪♫♪♫♪ (thegreekgeek) | 5 comments has anyone heard of the septimus heap books?
look 'em up....I will tell you the authers name L8ter

message 25: by Sky , Head Mod who needs to get online more often (new)

I love those books. I finished Syren last month, and now I'm waiting for Darke. So excited!

message 26: by Rose (new)

Rose (chomesuke) awww, I want to read them, but i can't find them and I can't buy them online because I am now officially bankrupt.

message 27: by Lexi (new)

Lexi Da Music Luvr ♪♫♪♫♪ (thegreekgeek) | 5 comments I....uh...I read until quest....but then i forgot so now i'm reading them all over :P :(

message 28: by Sherrynarejo (new)

Sherrynarejo | 1 comments books are good but when movies come out, people are falling over it. That is why the books loose their charm and recently, people have started talking about movies more. It is so good to feel the characters moving in your head and you are guessing what is going to happen next