Tess Gerritsen Fans discussion

Romantic Suspense Novels > Girl Missing

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 568 comments Mod
Girl Missing will be featured as a group read in February 2011. I don't know that this is really a romance novel. It seems more like a thriller, let me know what you think and we can move it to a different folder if we need to. I haven't read it yet so I'm excited for a new Tess Gerritsen experience. Feel free to join us if you're interested. This book is readily available at bookstores and libraries because it has been re-leased in mass market and audiobook. The book was originally titled Peggy Sue Got Murdered.
Girl Missing by Tess Gerritsen
Girl Missing by Tess Gerritsen

message 2: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (last edited Jan 26, 2011 04:05PM) (new)

I went ahead and changed this folder to "Romantic Suspense" novels that should cover everything :-)

message 3: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (shewolf0316) Dustin Crazy wrote: "I don't know that this is really a romance novel. It seems more like a thriller, let me know what you think and we can move it to a different folder if we need to. I haven't read it yet so I'm excited for a new Tess Gerritsen experience..."

This one is Tess's self-declared "bridge book" between her romantic suspense career and her thriller career. There is a lot more romance in this one than in her more recent books but it also has more action/suspense than her romantic suspense novels did. I had only read a couple of her books published prior to this one's original release but I have read many of her books since this one.

After reading this one (or rather, listening since I had the audio), I could really notice the difference and see why she calls it the bridge book.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily (emahh1) | 28 comments Holy CRAP I really wanted to read this so I put it on hold at the library, and I'm number 72! 72! Looks like I may get it NEXT February!

message 5: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Emily wrote: "Holy CRAP I really wanted to read this so I put it on hold at the library, and I'm number 72! 72! Looks like I may get it NEXT February!"

You could always buy it at Borders with a coupon :-) I know the audio is available at my store but not the paperback. I have a library copy waiting for me - gonna pick it up tomorrow, but I'm in the middle of two other books right now so It'll be next week at least before I start listening.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (devinsmom) | 1 comments i have read this book and it is sooo good i can not wait to re read it again i was looking for a rease to and now i have found it thanks

message 7: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Melissa wrote: "i have read this book and it is sooo good i can not wait to re read it again i was looking for a rease to and now i have found it thanks"

Thanks for joining us :-)

message 8: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

I'm about 3/4 of the way through and think it's rather good. The "romance" part of the story is NOT overwhelming the story as a whole. Right now I'm thinking 4 stars.

Just wondering - does anyone know why this was originally title "Peggy Sue Got Murdered"? I haven't noticed a character named Peggy Sue - did Tess change a character's name when she changed the title? Just curious if anyone knows.

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily (emahh1) | 28 comments Someone told me the title in the UK was Peggy Sue Got Murdered. I wish that they wouldn't change titles, it makes it very confusing for some of us (me)

message 10: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

It seemed to me that some information was changed/updated in the book/audio but other details were left. For example, the book was originally published in 1994. The characters stopped at payphones, had to be home to receive a call and Kat's ex-husband couldn't figure out how to program the VCR. Yet, there is a girl watching the popular Sponge Bob cartoon which did not debut until 1999. It was a bit inconsistent for me - it seems the story was set in 1994 but they decided to throw Sponge Bob in the story just because he's such a popular character. I don't like Sponge Bob so it really bothers me :-)

message 11: by Laura (last edited Feb 09, 2011 06:40PM) (new)

Laura (filoviridae) | 24 comments Dustin Crazy wrote: "Just wondering - does anyone know why this was originally title "Peggy Sue Got Murdered"? I haven't noticed a character named Peggy Sue - did Tess change a character's name when she changed the title? Just curious if anyone knows...."

I have the original US paperback version of this Peggy Sue Got Murdered (Harper Monogram) by Tess Gerritsen so it wasn't only the UK title. There is a character named Peggy Sue in it. It's been awhile since I've read this nor have I read the reprint, so I can't comment on any detail inconsistencies. I can't say if this is where she got the title, but it always made me think of the movie 'Peggy Sue Got Married'.

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily (emahh1) | 28 comments Thanks for the info Laura and the heads up on inconsistancies Dustin. I'm now #71 on the wait list so perhaps by the time I am able to get my hands on it, it will be re re released and will ref Phinieas and Ferb and the time/weather phone #...remember that? I think that will bother me too. But as I said I have a long wait, and maybe I can get over it in the meantime

message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily (emahh1) | 28 comments I'm still number 68 at the library. Can't even find it on borders.com! GAA looks I need to wait it out.

message 14: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

That is a long time! The audio book should be available from Borders. I just put a hold on another recent Gerritsen re-release but I can't remember the title off hand :-)

message 15: by Lekker-Lezen (new)

Lekker-Lezen (lekkerlezen) Just bought it at Dominicanen Bookshop in Maastricht, according to The Guardian: “The fairest bookshop of the world, a bookshop made in heaven”.

message 16: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (new)

Lekker-Lezen wrote: "Just bought it at Dominicanen Bookshop in Maastricht, according to The Guardian: “The fairest bookshop of the world, a bookshop made in heaven”."

Sounds like a fun bookshop to visit :-) Good Luck with the novel.