Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
General Chatting > What goes here

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
Feel free to start a thread for discussion. Keep these rules in mind:

1. Rant threads are not discouraged, but please try to keep it positive, if possible. People come to this group to bond, not to feel upset or divided over racial issues.

2. Show respect for others and realize that people aren't necessarily going to agree with you, even if you believe you are right.

3. Let's have fun chatting here!

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I'm going to step in as lead moderator and make a comment that needs saying.

This group is for people who love interracial romance. That doesn't mean we will all have the same particular tastes, but it does mean that we are united in the sense that we support and uplift this genre.

This group has taken a very negative turn that is distressing to many members, including the moderators. I think too many feel this way, including myself. We have members who are unwilling to comment because they feel their opinions are not wanted, valued or respected. We have lost members as a casualty of this culture war. This needs to stop.

As the rules state, there is no room for ganging up on members or cliquish behavior. This behavior has become quite pervasive on the group, despite our admonitions to the contrary.

While we encourage open conversation, there is no need to be rude or dismissive of others or their tastes. We are graced to have many authors on this group, and we should show them respect and consider that while one might consider our criticisms as constructive and honest, there is a thin line where these comments are stepping over into offense. As moderators, we are at the point that we feel we may have to be more aggressive in screening posts and even deleting some. We have closed down threads in the past, and still have the option to do so, and nobody likes when that happens. It's my hope we don't have to get to this point where we are constantly invading into conversations to moderate and delete posts, and close down threads regularly when members refuse to cooperate. We certainly don't want to start removing members because their behavior isn't in line with the group guidelines. Believe me, we haven't done that because we do value you all as members on this group.

So I am asking you as Lead Moderator, with the support of the other moderators, to really take the time and consider the privilege you have on this group to post your opinions and to have your opinions considered. Show grace to others and respect others enough not to overtalk them, dismiss their opinions because they differ, or to ignore people because you don't agree.

I think that you know if I am talking to you in particular, if you are being honest with yourself. And I'm going to ask you to take this seriously, and instead of posting back to defend yourself, think about the whole situation and your part you can play either to be destructive or constructive on this group. If you feel that you cannot be a positive contribution to this group, I'm going to ask you to consider leaving this group and finding another place to hang out where there is no expectation that your posts are respectful (even to the point where you feel you cannot say exactly what you think). There is a time for a mental filter on what you post, and that is what we are asking, that you use that filter before you post on this group. That's not censorship, but instead it's self-control.

If you sincerely don't believe you are a cause of this issue, at least this post will give you something to think about and at least bring to light that this group is having a serious issue right now. And hopefully, you will want to become part of the solution and do your point to foster a positive and open environment to all who sincerely want to participate and engage about this beloved genre.

My private message box is always open. If you have a problem with anything I have said, I ask you to private message me, and not post on the group about it. I will read your message and reply to it as soon as I am able.

Thanks,

Danielle, Lead Moderator

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.