Q&A with Syrie James discussion

Nocturne

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Syrie (last edited Jan 27, 2011 12:06PM) (new)

Syrie James | 44 comments Mod
I fell in love with Michael and Nicole while writing "Nocturne." They became so real to me, that I almost believe Michael's beautiful house really is sitting up on that Colorado mountaintop, nestled in the pines. Questions, thoughts, comments about the book? I'm here to answer.

And please check out my guest interview on My Jane Austen Book Club. Leave a comment for a chance to win a copy of Nocturne!
http://thesecretunderstandingofthehea...

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 2 comments I really loved Nocturne. The fact that it didn't end like so many others was nice. I do wonder if you'll ever have write a novella where we catch up say 10 years down the road?

message 3: by Syrie (new)

Victoria wrote: "I really loved Nocturne. The fact that it didn't end like so many others was nice. I do wonder if you'll ever have write a novella where we catch up say 10 years down the road?"

I've had many readers ask for a sequel to Nocturne. I'd love to write one! I believed for many reasons that Nocturne had to end the way that it did. However, as I said in my Author's Note at the end of the novel, in my mind and heart, Michael and Nicole's story is far from over. I believe in the power of true love... that somehow it always finds a way.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan I hope you write some kind of sequel - SOON! Nocturne is one of those books that just stays in your mind long after you finish it and makes you want more!

JESSICA ~Snuggly Bear Paws~ (brenian) PLEASE!!!!! Let there be a sequel to NOCTURNE. It moved me to tears. I LOVED IT

message 6: by Syrie (new)

Jessica :) wrote: "PLEASE!!!!! Let there be a sequel to NOCTURNE. It moved me to tears. I LOVED IT"

Thanks so much, Jessica! If only it was up to me to decide about a sequel! I've been advised to tell you that the best way to pursue a sequel is to post a review on Amazon, B&N, and Goodreads, and/or blog about it … anywhere and everywhere you can get the word out.

You may also feel free to write to the publisher:
Vanguard Press
The Perseus Book Group
387 Park Avenue South, Floor 12
New York, NY 10016

Again, thank you so much for your enthusiasm and support. It means the world to me!

message 7: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 2 comments Didn't know this - will post a review within the next couple days.

Meredith (Austenesque Reviews) (merry816) A sequel for Nocturne is IMPERATIVE!! I feel as sense of restlessness and unresolve. It was a fantastic story and I was so sorry to see it end. But I completely understand why you ended it the way you did, like Michael I will we suffering from "exquisite torture!"

message 9: by Syrie (new)

Meredith wrote: "A sequel for Nocturne is IMPERATIVE!! I feel as sense of restlessness and unresolve. It was a fantastic story and I was so sorry to see it end. But I completely understand why you ended it the w..."

Thanks, Meredith! If enough readers ask, maybe the publisher will approve a sequel to Nocturne! :)

message 10: by Eleah (new)

Eleah Rose (eleahrose) | 4 comments I am totally up with the idea of a sequel, it would be awesome ! anyway thanks a lot for this Q&A and for Nocturne (I should receive my copy of the book next week, can't wait to have it). Take care Syrie

message 11: by Ianbrie (new)

Ianbrie | 2 comments I hope there is another book for Nocturne. I loved the characters. I've been making up my own endings for the book just so I can have closure. I've imagined Nicole getting sick with a disease and Michael turns her so she doesn't have to die like that. It's a beautiful book.

message 12: by Syrie (new)

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about Michael and Nicole, and letting me know that the book touched you. I have some intriguing ideas for a way to continue their story. One day, I hope to write it!

message 13: by Ianbrie (new)

Ianbrie | 2 comments I hope you write it as well. It was a beautiful story. Books usually don't make me cry but yours sure did. Thank you for giving me a wonderful escape from my hectic life through your writing.