Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Eloisa's Fairy Tales > When Beauty Tamed the Beast

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melany (new)

Melany (azingirlygirl) | 49 comments Yay! Eloisa's new book came out today.
Is anyone getting it? What do you guys think of it?

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
Got it and I'll start reading it when I get home from school

message 3: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
I pre-ordered it from BN and it looks like I should get it Friday or Monday. I am excited to read it though.

message 4: by Heidi (last edited Jan 26, 2011 01:11PM) (new)

Heidi | 13 comments SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT! I was at the store today and forgot to get it! I knew I was forgetting something! Guess I gotta go back!

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
I LOVED IT! God I cried and laughed and cried again.

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 13 comments OH NO! Now I really gotta get it! This weekend!

message 7: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2101 comments Mod
It's a lovely book- a lot of fun.
It does feel like a fairy tale more than a romance---or rather, more than an EJ romance. This series of fairy tales doesn't dig as deep emotionally as most Ej books do. It's delightful and frothy but the climax is more external events and not internal emotional growth --there is some of course but not as much. I love it but it and Kiss at Midnight a different type of book I think

message 8: by Melany (new)

Melany (azingirlygirl) | 49 comments I havn't had a chance to get it yet because of Finals week at school but i will the next free chance i have.

Can't wait to read it.

message 9: by Calila (new)

Calila Just finished it......it so rocked! I'm a sucker for a good Beauty & the Beast tale and this one didn't disappoint.

message 10: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments I really liked this one. I think one of my favorite aspects was Linnet's sharp intelligence--she really didn't care about her beauty (until she thought it was lost). The banter between Linnet and Piers was so great--witty, sometimes barbed, without ever becoming bitter. EJ is fantastic.

Is the title for EJ's next book out in the wild yet? I know it's her Princess and the Pea retelling.