Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

123 views
Archive Discussion > Midnight Breed

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Spencer (new)

Spencer (tammylea) | 6 comments I just started the fourth book in Midnight Breed series! Lara Adrian is amazing, it can be compared to the Black Dagger Brotherhood but not as good, comes in a close second. Is anyone else reading it?


message 2: by Jlyates (new)

Jlyates | 37 comments I have read the series, one of my top favorites. I really like her over BDB.
She seems to pay better attention to the little details.


I am trying to remember who's the fourth is. If it Rio's then it is a really good book, not one of my favorites, but a good one.
Tess and Dante's is one of my favorites. I love what he named the dog, LOL.


She is a great writer, spends a lot of time giving depth to her books. Too many writers have too many series going and so can't give the attention needed to make them great books.
So sad, really, when you think of some of the series that could be really good if more effort was put into them.


message 3: by Betty (new)

Betty Hogan (bhogan) | 13 comments I like her too but J R Ward is still my favorite


message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 89 comments I've also thought this series is similar to The Brotherhood. I like Adrian's books, by Ward's is my favorite series.


message 5: by Suz (new)

Suz I've read them all. They are ok, some better than others. I'm enjoying the long story arc a lot and look forward to movement in that. My complaint with this series is that the heroines are usually insipid. You can rest assured that at least once in every book the heroine will be safely tucked away some where and in her quest to deny her reality she will place herself in jeopardy that requires she be rescued by her man.

It makes me throw up a little in my mouth.


Laurie: Almost Faemous (laurie-almostfaemous) | 9 comments I read them all as well I don't think they are as good as BDB but I did like them a lot.


message 7: by Tonia (new)

Tonia | 19 comments Let me ask you guys a question. I am starting a paranormal book discussion group at my local library and first up is Kiss of Midnight. I love this book, but I'm not sure where to start with the book discussion. Any suggestions??


message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan Tammy wrote: "I just started the fourth book in Midnight Breed series! Lara Adrian is amazing, it can be compared to the Black Dagger Brotherhood but not as good, comes in a close second. Is anyone else reading..."

I just read the latest one - already read all the others in the past. The women are NOT insipid! One can erase the powers of others, one can travel in your dreams - THEY have talent and are used often to help fight against DRAGOS (the bastard) and his Minions.

I think BDB got wierd and although I loved loved loved books 1 thru 5, ( by the way Z is MINE MINE MINE !!) I became disinterested after that. It was more about wierd sicknesses, or strange ailments or whatever...it was less about the people in love.


message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan Tonia wrote: "Let me ask you guys a question. I am starting a paranormal book discussion group at my local library and first up is Kiss of Midnight. I love this book, but I'm not sure where to start with the b..."

I would suggest reading the many reviews and compiling some of the good / bad comments in there. You could ask if they agree or not, etc.
and it will get the talk started.


Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Suz wrote: "I've read them all. They are ok, some better than others. I'm enjoying the long story arc a lot and look forward to movement in that. My complaint with this series is that the heroines are usual..."

This just tends to be the way of most PNR titles. The woman can be all powerful, but some how manage to get into a situation that they need to be rescued from.


message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Suz wrote: "I've read them all. They are ok, some better than others. I'm enjoying the long story arc a lot and look forward to movement in that. My complaint with this series is that the heroin..."

yeah... but MEN have been rescued too - and in one book - an unassuming tiny heroine lobs off the head of her father...who is the WORST villian ever and hundreds before her have tried to "off" him...
it's all relative...


message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (innocent_sweetiepie) | 507 comments I am reading the most recent book just put out like two months ago. It's awesome, and omg love the new twists. :p


Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Susan *ARK* wrote: "Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Suz wrote: "I've read them all. They are ok, some better than others. I'm enjoying the long story arc a lot and look forward to movement in that. My complaint with ..."

OH, I'm not saying that every PNR title the woman is a damsal. It's just rare to find ones that they aren't, I've read a number where the guy needs to be rescued and the leading lady is all kick ass.


message 14: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Jlyates wrote: "I have read the series, one of my top favorites. I really like her over BDB.
She seems to pay better attention to the little details"


That's what I love about this series. Not only is it pretty consistent overall, there is a solid story arc playing out throughout all of the books.


message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (innocent_sweetiepie) | 507 comments Darker after midnight omg one of her best yet with all the plot twists and an amazing ending but I don't wanna give the ending away so sorry no spoilers just telling you that the ending was omg soooooooooo good.


back to top