Language & Grammar discussion

Streams of Consciousness > Ashes, to dust, to ashes

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Invidia (new)

Invidia (candleburns) | 36 comments Oh, look, here comes the newbie making her own thread. Might as well show some respect as tolerance hangs on a delicate strand unless dyed in blood or knotted with marital abhorrence.

Joyce is sweet. I think myself smug for flittering through the first twenty pages of Woolf or Joyce in meek shame at my yet illiterate mind which won't manifest the thought into a body, which is placed in a room, or a metaphorical room without walls, such as a cornfield or plastic-bottle-littered beach, and then bingo, I'm inside the author's head and his thoughts are mine and the words flow in and out of my lungs after the jumble of letters has been filtered through my ventricles and to the pulmonary artery which we often mistake for intelligence. I don't. And declaring a knowledge of my intelligence through negation of that knowledge, I contradict myself.

So, hello all, I am bonkers.

message 2: by Debbie, sardonic princess of cheerfulness (new)

Debbie (sardonicprincessofcheerfulness) | 6387 comments Mod
Bonkers can be fun........

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol | 10401 comments Dropping by to say hi to you and you and you and you and youoooo.

message 4: by Ken (new)

Ken | 18485 comments Mod
Hey, Kitty. How's hubby?

Aish, clearly you've been smoking Joyce. But hey, look at the heights it took him to!

message 5: by Invidia (new)

Invidia (candleburns) | 36 comments No greater joy than sharing the spliff. But two-in pass-it-round, 'k? See how joy is Joyce and Joyce is juice and juicy is beef and beef, hoof, woof all relate to animals?

Gabi dislikes huffy and Debbie likes 'em bonking, but Kitty is ululating and Newengland ever the Queen God needs to save.

message 6: by Invidia (new)

Invidia (candleburns) | 36 comments Why bother? Same is like fidelity to thousands; different is monogamous promiscuity.

message 7: by M (new)

M What's the use of being monogamous if you aren't going to covet your neighbor's wife?

message 8: by Invidia (new)

Invidia (candleburns) | 36 comments Ooh, you tell me!

message 9: by M (new)

M I didn't get married young enough to find out, unfortunately. I coveted several other men's wives when I was single, though. Does that count?

message 10: by Invidia (new)

Invidia (candleburns) | 36 comments Poor excuse! A better one would've been the neighbor's fat smelly wife. :P

message 11: by M (new)

M Trophy wives aren't usually fat and smelly.

message 12: by Invidia (new)

Invidia (candleburns) | 36 comments Yea, now you have a good reason for your monogamity.

And, look, we're on the same page here! Q.E.D.