May '08 Knotties discussion

August Books

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments Which ones would you like to read? Let's add a bunch to our hat!!!

message 2: by Krista (new)

Krista Benson (shscaptain1234) | 15 comments Mod
I'm trying to find some with a happy ending..I can't take anymore depressing stuff after that book lol...

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments I got bored (ok really bored) and started surfing amazon. I came up with a giant list of books. Have no idea how good they are but here they are:
Water for Elephants: A Novel
by Sara Gruen

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1) by Stephenie Meyer

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1) by J.K. Rowling

The 19th Wife: A Novel by David Ebershoff

The Twentieth Wife: A Novel by Indu Sundaresan

Strawberry Shortcake Murder (Hannah Swensen Mysteries) by Joanne Fluke

Oil! by Upton Sinclair

The Perfect Royal Mistress: A Novel by Diane Haeger

Queen Isabella: Treachery, Adultery, and Murder in Medieval England by Alison Weir

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Sisterhood of Traveling Pants, Book 1) by Ann Brashares

To Have and To Hold: A Novel by Jane Green

Chasing Harry Winston: A Novel by Lauren Weisberger

Jemima J: A Novel About Ugly Ducklings and Swans by Jane Green

The Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer

The First Assistant: A Continuing Tale from Behind the Hollywood Curtain by Clare Naylor and Mimi Hare

The Ice Queen: A Novel by Alice Hoffman
Or Blackbird House: A Novel by Alice Hoffman

La Cucina: A Novel of Rapture by Lily Prior

If You Could See Me Now by Cecelia Ahern

Asking for Trouble: A Novel by Elizabeth Young

About a Boy by Nick Hornby OR:
High Fidelity: A Novel by Nick Hornby

I think it might be fun to start a series together. Also...if you are against any of these...please feel free to get rid of them. I have NEVER read them, so I have no idea if any are good or not. (Ok I said that...but I must have a disclaimer. LOL!)

message 4: by Krista (new)

mmmm....I would have to say Harry Potter and Twilight are probably out..I've read both series around 7 times a pieces...I'm a nerd lol. But I did see some on that list I definately want to read...

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments I'm cool with that Krista. Although I haven't read Twilight yet. I feel so out of the loop. Maybe I will pick it up and read it outside or our little reading group.

message 6: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 5 comments I'm going to be reading this too out of the group too. My little sister is making me :)

message 7: by Krista (new)

Well, we could make Twilight the book if you're going to read it anyways...I'd always be up for reading it again and I LOVE to talk about it...but I warn you. It's an addiction.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments Why don't we make it a luck of the draw? Just add Twilight to the names for the hat and if it's drawn then it's meant to be. P.S. When are we going to draw a name out of our hat?

message 9: by Krista (new)

I'm going to draw the name tonight...so in a few minutes. I just need to finish putting them on paper (that seems to take forever for some reason!)....a few more moments and it will be picked!

message 10: by Krista (last edited Aug 12, 2008 01:25AM) (new)

Okay...I pulled the book out of the "hat" (really a ziplock bag with the names so I don't have to re-write them again)

FYI: I added a few books I thought sounded good. Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner, The Beach House by Jane Green, Second Glance by Jodi Picoult.

When I pulled the book, I got Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner.
Is this okay with everyone? I haven't read it, but I've read another one of her books and it was okay. It's chick lit, but I'm okay with that.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 11 comments Sounds GREAT! Just happy to have a new book. So is our deadline September 12th?

message 12: by Krista (new)

Yep. I'll spread the word today!