COOKIES! discussion

Food Allergy Resources > Food allergy recipes

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited Jan 25, 2011 07:33AM) (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 530 comments Mod
This is for recipes only. Websites with recipes should be listed under the resource section please. Please indicate if this is a gluten-free, dairy free,nut free, or if it is a combination after the title of your recipe.

message 2: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited Jan 26, 2011 12:14PM) (new)

GLUTEN FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

My aunt gave me a recipe for these and my mom found another one. (We don't have any allergies in my family, but I think these are better than the average peanut butter cookie.) I cobbled the 2 together and made a few changes, but it all works.

Pre-heat 350

You MUST use parchment paper or a Silpat liner on your cookie sheets. This is VERY STICKY!

1 c peanut butter (any style)

1c sugar (dark or light brown, granulated or a combination)

1 egg

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 tsp. salt

granulated sugar for rolling

Mix the sugar and egg until well blended. (Just stir by hand.) Then mix in peanut butter, vanilla and salt. Blend well. Drop 1 TBLSP. of dough into rolling sugar and coat. Place on lined baking sheet. Dip a fork in the sugar to make the typical pattern on the cookies (I suggest waiting a few minutes before doing this so the dough can set)

Bake for 10 minutes at 350 then cool on the sheet 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack.

Makes about 24 cookies

*Since these are also milk free, these are good for dairy allergies as well. Just use fresh ground peanut butter to assure that there are no milk byproducts. If any of you experiment with other nut butters, please let us know how it works.

message 3: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

I found this in the Earth Fare circular. They sound really good.

GLUTEN FREE MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

message 4: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited Dec 16, 2011 11:52AM) (new)

I found this in the Earth Fare circular. They sound really good.

GLUTEN FREE MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Pre-heat 375

1 1/8 c. buckwheat flour

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 c. (1 stick) UN-salted butter,softened

3/4c. brown sugar

1/2 tsp. peppermint extract (natural preferred)

1 large egg

1 c. gluten free chocolate chips

1/2 c. chopped nuts, optional

Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. In a large bowl, combine egg, and sugar, beating on high until fluffy. Add butter and beat on high until combined. Add extract and beat briefly. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined, then stir in chips and optional nuts.

Place on lightly GREASED sheets or line with parchment. Scoop by TBSP. or with a cookie scoop onto sheets, and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until cookies are crisp on edges and slightly soft in the middles. Cool on sheet.

Makes about 2 doz.

message 5: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

This recipe is from foodnetwork.com and is GLUTEN FREE.

Carrot and Zucchini Mini-Muffins

Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

Prep Time:
10 min
Inactive Prep Time:
35 min
Cook Time:
15 min

Level:
Easy

Serves:
24 mini-muffins

Ingredients
Muffins:

1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup grapeseed oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 large egg, at room temperature
1/2 cup grated carrots (from1 medium peeled carrot)
1/2 cup grated zucchini (from 1 medium unpeeled zucchini)
1/2 cup raisins

Frosting (optional):

1 cup whipped cream cheese, at room temperature (about 8 ounces)
1 1/2 tablespoons honey

Directions

For the muffins: Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 mini-muffin cups with (1 1/2-inch) paper liners. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, sieve together the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add any solids leftover in the sieve to the bowl and mix in.

In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the oil, syrup, and egg. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the grated carrot, grated zucchini, and raisins.

Using 2 small spoons, fill the prepared muffin cups 3/4 full with the batter and bake until light golden, about 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.

For the frosting: In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and honey until smooth.

To serve: Spread the cooled muffins with frosting, if using, and serve.
Copyright 2012 Television Food Network G.P.

message 6: by Kim, Cookie Master (last edited Jul 27, 2012 07:08AM) (new)

I got this recipe in the mail along with a coupon for a new gluten free bread product. I cannot vouch for the bread, but the recipe sounded good no matter what kind of bread you use.

I also thought that this sauce would be good over pancakes, or ice cream.

SPICED BANANA FRENCH TOAST

8 slices of bread

1/3 c. light brown sugar, packed

3 tsp. UN-salted butter

1 TBLSP. agave or light corn syrup

1 tsp. canola oil

1 c. sliced bananas

2 large eggs

1 1/4 c. milk or soy milk

1 TBSLP. sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

1/4 tsp. all spice

1/8 tsp. salt or sea salt

Canola oil spray or other spray oil

Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)

Alternative version: Add 1/2c blueberries to sauce with banana

In small sauce pan, melt sugar, butter, syrup, and oil over medium heat, stirring until a light boil. Reduce heat to low, stir in fruit. Remove from heat. Cover, keep warm.

In large bowl, beat eggs,milk,sugar,vanilla,all spice,and salt. Soak bread one slice at a time, on each side for 30 seconds per side.

Spray skillet or griddle and pre-heat to medium. Cook each slice of bread for 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned.

Serve with sauce spooned over the top, and dust with powdered sugar if you like.

Serves 4.

message 7: by Paul, Ace cake baker (new)

Paul (merman1967) | 52 comments Mod
Kim wrote: "I got this recipe in the mail along with a coupon for a new gluten free bread product. I cannot vouch for the bread, but the recipe sounded good no matter what kind of bread you use.

I also thou..."

ZOMG that sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! On my way to bed and drooling like a fiend after reading that!

message 8: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

What in tarnation does ZOMG mean? I don't speak text shorthand.

message 9: by Paul, Ace cake baker (new)

Paul (merman1967) | 52 comments Mod
The Z was a typo, and omg is oh my gods. Sorry about that

message 10: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

S'O.K. I just like to clarify things so that I know what is going on. I am easily confused. :)

message 11: by Kim, Cookie Master (new)

While this says peanut butter, I feel that ANY nut or Sunflower butter should work here, and that gluten free breads should work as well. Dairy and egg substitutes are easily switched as well as the cereal. I think crushed rice cereal would work well.

Let me know if you do make any of these tweaks and how they work.

PEANUT BUTTER FRENCH TOAST

4-8 servings depending on how many you serve at once.

1/2 c. creamy peanut butter

16 1/2" slices of bread (brioche recommended)

4 large eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

1/4 c. heavy cream

4 c. finely crushed cornflakes

4 TBSP. UN-salted butter

4 c. mixed berries

maple syrup

powdered sugar (if desired)

Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Spread peanut butter on 8 slices of bread, 1 TBSP at a ti,e, and repeat with the remaining slices, then make them into sandwiches.

Beat egg,vanilla,cream together in a shallow pan, such as a pie pan, and place the cereal into another.

Lightly soak each side of the bread in the egg mixture and then pat the cereal onto the slices. Set aside until all are finished.

Cook 4 at a time in 1 TBSP of butter until crisp on one side (2-3 minutes) then flip and crisp other side. Repeat until all are cooked.

Serve with berries,syrup and powdered sugar.