The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Gilmore Girls Discussions > Movies and CDs

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mabs (new)

Mabs (astarteia) | 4 comments This is probably the wrong community (and site for that matter) to ask this, but since we´re all Gilmore Girls fans...
I was rewatching the first season the other day and it occured to me that I probably haven´t watched half of the movies they mention and heard less than half of the albums Lane buys.
Did anyone ever cared to make a list of those too?

message 2: by Lucie (new)

Lucie | 20 comments Here it is :)
http://gilmoregirlsfanatic.com/gilmor...

Not every single mentioned song/album/singer is here, but lot of them :) However one really great is missing - Macy Gray (her song I Try is playing in the first episode of first series).

message 3: by Mabs (new)

Mabs (astarteia) | 4 comments Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I've been trying to find that old Gilmore Girls Official Soundtrack but they've evaporated in South America, it seems. And even so, it doesn't have much on the Lane songs.
What about the movies/series they watch?

message 4: by Leshawn (new)

Leshawn | 21 comments Thanks for the link!

message 5: by Lucie (new)

Lucie | 20 comments Movies/series they watched are just on the same page next to the "Music list" named as "Movie list" :) I started to watch all movies from the list, but it´s hopeless there´s too much of them! However lot of them are really great ones (Rosemary´s Baby, Schindler´s List, Mommie Dearest...). So enjoy and share your opinions:)

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 10 comments In season four, Rory comes back home, and she has to turn down the music that Lorelai is blaring. It's an awesome, upbeat song; does anyone have any idea what that song might be? I can't for the life of me find the title anywhere.

message 7: by Lucie (new)

Lucie | 20 comments What´s the episode number?

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 10 comments I'm not sure of the episode number or title. I actually found a site where someone had culled together all (or most) of the songs from every episode; it remains usless to me until I can go back over season 4 and make a note of where that song pops up. That seems like a lot of work right now; I was basically just hoping that some super fan might know the answer!

message 9: by Lucie (last edited Mar 26, 2011 01:30PM) (new)

Lucie | 20 comments Found it! It´s 12th episode (A Family Matter) and the song is Shy Boy by Bananarama. Here, hope that´s the one you had on your mind, enjoy :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GrZn2...

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 10 comments Yes! That is the song. Thank you so much for taking the time to find it; that's so kind of you! Above and beyond, I must say. Now if it gets caught in my head I can listen to it immediately; no more cursing the song and annoying earworms. Viva liberation! Seriously, though, thanks again; I really do appreciate it.

message 11: by Lucie (new)

Lucie | 20 comments You´re welcome. It was like a challenge for me because I´m a big Gilmore Girls freak and I thought I knew the serie very well - so I was surprised that I don´t know answer to this question. I just had to find it :D. And thanks to fast playback it didn´t take so much time :) Enjoy and have a nice day :)