YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Evernight > Evernight - Read it or Skip it?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (memyshelfandi) I have read so many "meh..." reviews on it I wonder if it's worth it. I really only picked it up because the author is coming to town and I don't want to not know what she's written - but it sounds like watered down Twilight/Vampire Diaries - and while those are ok in their own rites...not sure I want watered down repeated story lines....you know.

So with out giving me spoilers, present your cases - shall I read it or skip it?

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber (memyshelfandi) Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia Gray Link to book, FYI - if anyone needs it.

message 3: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I wasn't awed by it. It's not that good in my opinion, I gave up by the 3rd book.

*Mrs. Brightside* Oh! Thanks for posting the cover. Lol, I was about to say the wrong review, because I was thinking of another book (Evermore). Anyway, it was...mmmm...well /: I don't really know. It wasn't bad, but you read better. I only read the first, and I did like it. I'm going to continue!

message 5: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq i read the first one but haven't gotten around to the the rest... if i were you, i'd skip it.

message 6: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) What Isa said ^

message 7: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
it was an okay book i feel like she went for the wrong guy.... and she was a tad clueless the first was the best though i gave up after Stargazer (book 2)

message 8: by Michele (new)

Michele I dunno, I thought it was pretty good not the best but not the worst I enjoyed reading them plus they are quick reads.

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber (memyshelfandi) Okay after all this, I'm just taking it back to the library. No one seemed to love it or scream it's praises and I have so many books to read I don't have time for "ehhh ok fast reads".

There will be 3 authors at the signing I'm going to, I will just skip Claudia Grey, and pretend like I know whats going when when they talk about the Evernight Series.

Thanks gals!

message 10: by Patty (new)

Patty | 13 comments I liked the series... and definitely waiting for the Afterlife book... Just cant wait to see what happens.

message 11: by Michele (new)

Michele Patty wrote: "I liked the series... and definitely waiting for the Afterlife book... Just cant wait to see what happens."

Ditto Patty, they were quick reads because I couldn't put them down until I'd finished. Claudia Grey is a great writer.
It's not as good as the Mortal instruments series or Blue Bloods but still really good : )

message 12: by Joy (new)

Joy | 13 comments I really enjoyed the first book, but I didn't enjoy the second book near as much :( I am still going to read hourglass because I have it hopefully it picks up

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Michele wrote: "Patty wrote: "I liked the series... and definitely waiting for the Afterlife book... Just cant wait to see what happens."

Ditto Patty, they were quick reads because I couldn't put them down until ..."

Patty wrote: "I liked the series... and definitely waiting for the Afterlife book... Just cant wait to see what happens."

I agree! The Evernight series is really good!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked this series very much. I mean, its no great piece of literature, but it served its purpose and kept me entertained the whole time.

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Nothing fantastic, but it's a cute, fluffy read. I liked it.

message 16: by Wendy Darling (new)

Wendy Darling (wendydarling) I liked the first three books, but not a fan of the fourth. And yeah, I would've picked the other guy, too. ;)

message 17: by Erika (new)

Erika Terada | 20 comments i liked the first one in this series but i haven't gotten around to the other books in this series yet.

YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Evernight (other topics)