Classic Movie Fans discussion

Classic Movies on the Brain > TCM 31 Days of Oscar

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eugenia (new)

Eugenia | 59 comments Mod
One of favorite yearly events on TCM is 31 days of Oscar for 31 days this year February 1st to March 3rd Turner Classic Movies shows nothing but Oscar winners in all catergories on it's schedule. I love this event and I am looking forward it. I'm going to talking and want everyone to be talking about the Oscar contenders you see on TCM this year. I'm including a pdf schedule. I hope you have TCM, it would be a shame if you don't.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TCM/2...

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily (egwinfrey) I watched The Heiress starring Olivia de Havilland and Montgomery Clift on TCM's 31 Days of Oscar. I really liked it...until the end! Because of the build-up (from reviews I've read to the dialogue in the film), I was expecting a bigger, more explosive ending. The final scene was good, but not as powerful as I thought it was going to be.

message 3: by Eugenia (new)

Eugenia | 59 comments Mod
Hmm, I missed it. I haven't looked at much on the 31 Days of Oscar. But sounds like it was good, I love Montgomery Clift. I need to check out the schedule to see what's coming up.

message 4: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) I liked the end of the Heiress. In fact, one could say it was a feminist type of ending. Olivia goes off being her own person, deciding her own future without needed the approval of a loveless father or capricious man.

It would have been better if she got someone to love.