What? You mean Camp Half Blood is REAL? OF COURSE! THIS IS IT!!!! discussion

Areas in Camp > Forest

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Everley Sharp, the Clankinist, The Daughter of Artemis (new)

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist (theawesomeestreaderpersonevah) | 160 comments Mod
Start

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 288 comments Mod
Devyn wandered absently into the forest, skipping along silently without knowing where she was. She hummed slightly, a dark tune that completely contradicted her happy-go-lucky motions.

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 288 comments Mod
She happened upon a clearing, right by the river, slight number of trees running on either side and creating a path of sorts. She swished into the water, aiming toward the other side.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Natalie walked into the forest and directed sunlight onto her face.She saw Devyn splash into the river and followed

Devyn smiled to herself, not noticing the new visitor to her stream that she found.

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) Zen ran into the forest and scrambled up a tree. Soon he emerged from the forest in the form of an owl. He flew towards the infirmary.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Natalie sighed and walked along the river moving the lights to make pictures

Devyn saw a vine grow in the water, amking it so with a simple wave of her hand. She reached down and picked a sweet grape.

She popped it into her mouth, squishing it between her teeth and promptly closing her eyes in pleasure. Without a moment more, she stepped out of the cold water and ran back to camp, leaving her slippers beside the stream and heading for the climbing wall. She needed something to do, right then. Her thoughts had started to wander. She never wanted them to wander. They couldn't wander.

message 10: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) Rana wandered through the forest, looking for the river. She spotted someone under a tree and walked forward, wondering if it might be a dryad.

message 11: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) Ethan plopped down on the opposite side of the river, setting down his backpack and pulling out his beaten copy of To Kill a Mockingbird and rereading it. It always reminded him of what a regular life should be like.

message 12: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) Choosing to leave the dryad alone, Rana walked over to the river and broke the star fruit apart, dropping some into the water and watching the fish nibble at the pieces.

message 13: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) Ethan heard a sound and looked up, seeing a girl dropping food into the water. It was the same girl who had shyly smiled at him in the mess hall. So she liked peace and quiet too.

message 14: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) Rana watched the fish and smiled, then looked around. She noticed Ethan and blinked in surprise, then smiled again.

message 15: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) Ethan smiled and waved lightly, worried to approach her, wondering if she wanted to be alone.

message 16: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) She stood up and crossed the river, half of the star fruit still in her hands. "My name's Rana."

message 17: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) Ethan, slightly surprised at the sudden introduction, got to his feet and brushed off the back of his jacket and smile. "Hi. I'm Ethan." He smiled, realizing how pretty she was.

((when should Gracie come in with your guy?))

message 18: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) ((Um... I think since Viola and Tarja are outside of camp we should wait until the quest.))

"Pretty out, isn't it?" she asked, looking up at the sky and trees, then back at Ethan. "Who's your parent?"

message 19: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) ((Oh, okay I got it ;) ))

"Yeah." Ethan smiled, "Apollo. You?"

message 20: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) ((:) ))

"Astreos," she smiled and fiddled with a loose strand of hair. Her eyes suddenly widened, "Have you heard about Apollo? He and Lady Artemis have gone missing."

message 21: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) "What?" Ethan asked, alarmed. Though he had never met his dad, this was astonishing news.

message 22: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) She nodded, "Chiron told us a while ago. They're organizing a quest to look for them."

message 23: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) "Can I...go?" Ethan asked, "To help find my dad?"

message 24: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) "I'm sure Chiron will let you. He asked for volunteers; I don't think there's a limit." She cocked her head, "Quite a few volunteered. I think around seven or eight..."

message 25: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) "Cool." Ethan nodded, "Do quests happen often?"

message 26: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) She shook her head, "No, not really. Why?"

message 27: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) "Just wondering. I'm new here, so...." Ethan said, shrugging.

message 28: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) "Ah, that explains it." She smiled and tossed the rest of the star fruit into the river for the fish. "Have you met your half-siblings yet?"

message 29: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) "Not all of them. I came here with my best friend, Bray, daughter of Athena. So I really haven't met too many people." Ethan replied.

message 30: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) "She was talking to Polaris in the mess hall, right?" Rana asked, unbraiding her hair and running her hands through it.

message 31: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) Ethan admired her hair for a second, "Yeah. Blonde, brownish eyes, cresent birthmark on her cheekbone."

message 32: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) "Sounds a lot like Vi, except for the birthmark." She quickly re-braided her hair and tied it off, trying not to stare at him.

message 33: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) "That's her twin sister. She's been looking for her ever since the gods tore them apart at birth and took Vi's memory of the incident. She came here to find her. And I came because she's my best friend and I have no where else to go. Tell me something: how is Vi? I always wonder if she acts like Bray." Ethan said.

message 34: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) Rana thought for a minute, "She's rather quiet, but not too much so. She's friendly and kind, but I don't really know her that well."

message 35: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) Ethan nodded, "Hmm...well, Bray is a pretty spunky girl who is friendly, I guess, but she can be pretty...violent when she's mad. I mean, she punched this girl in our class who said some...pretty gruesome things to her. And she got expelled for it. But she isn;t really...an unkind person, just a strong-willed one."

message 36: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) "I'm not sure how strong-willed Vi is, but it wouldn't surprise me if she was. If you don't mind my asking, why were they separated?"

message 37: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) "The gods were afraid. They were twin daughters of Athena, the goddess of wisdom and battle strategy. After how much Annabeth Chase wanted to amount to a change the world, they were terrified what two, strong willed girls would do. So they separated them." Ethan answered.

message 38: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) "Seems a bit... cowardly to me. I kind of see where they're coming from, but to separate them completely seems a little drastic." She frowned, then shrugged. "But I'm not the smartest person in the world. My head is usually up in the sky, with the stars."

message 39: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) "It's not about not being smart. You're right. But once the gods have spoken, you can't change their mind." Ethan said.

message 40: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) "True," she replied, then looked around. "It's sad that they never got to grow up together."

message 41: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) "It is. That's why Bray always wanted to meet her." Ethan said, "How about you? What's your story?"

message 42: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) Her blue eyes darkened and she looked away. "My brother and I lived with our mother most of the time. When things got too hard we'd live with our grandmothers and great aunt. It was a good way to live; we had all we needed and really wanted. Then... well, then we moved back in with our mother. We were on our way home from the store, and.... and our mother was attacked. By a hydra." Tears brimmed and she fiddled with her braid. "Mom... barely made it out, and she was paralyzed from the waist down. She lives with the grandmas and aunt now." She looked back at him and smiled slightly. "We left so they wouldn't be hurt again."

message 43: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) "Oh my gods, I'm so sorry." Ethan said, shocked and not knowing what else to say. He put his arm around her shoulders. "That must be...terrible."

message 44: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) "It could have been worse, I guess. She could have died... but I think Astreos helped some... or tried to." She smiled a little more, "Mom tries to make light of it. She says you don't need working legs to look up at the stars." She suddenly realized he had his arm around her and blushed. "I'm just glad she survived."

message 45: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) Ethan pulled his arm away, "I'm sorry..." He said, "For...both." He said, blushing about being so forward.

message 46: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) She smiled shyly and looked down, still fiddling with her braid. "I-it's all right... for both."

message 47: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) Ethan smiled, watching her and still blushing. "If I make you uncomfortable, just say so. I won't be mad."

message 48: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) She looked up and tilted her head, "You don't make me uncomfortable. You're very easy to talk to."

message 49: by s-hastings (new)

s-hastings (spencercavanaugh) Ethan smiled, "Thanks. Just making sure. I like hearing people talk about themselves. It makes me think that it is possible to have a better life than mine. Or at least some sort of family."

message 50: by Poet in the Dark (new)

Poet in the Dark (poetinthedark) "I've heard Bray's story, but what about yours?" She asked cautiously, tucking some loose hair behind her ear.

« previous 1