Terminalcoffee discussion

Side of the Milk Carton > The Story of RA's Walkabout

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments RA is going to be gone until Saturday, but the only place we actually know he isn't is the Packers game. So...where did he go?

My money is on the Australian outback. He put on his Snowy River duster and went off to rescue Gail from the floods due to his fuzzy grasp on Aussie geography. The duster is VERY warm. He also didn't get that it's summer there right now.

message 2: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Perhaps he's in Hawaii for the pro bowl.

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I'm willing to bet he's doing another Badlands trip, like the one he did last year.

Didn't he talk to trees and see Elvis while he was there?

message 4: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments this morning on facebook he announced he wanted to visit siberia.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I bet he is off to DC to console the President about the Bears not getting into the Super Bowl.

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments janine wrote: "this morning on facebook he announced he wanted to visit siberia."

POLAR BEARS!!!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Heidi wrote: "I'm willing to bet he's doing another Badlands trip, like the one he did last year.

Didn't he talk to trees and see Elvis while he was there?"

I think it's a little cold to go to the badlands. Don't they close the highways in South Dakota during the winter?
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday...

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Barb wrote: "Who else is going out of town? Maybe he's going to their house."

Ha! Change your passwords and hide your jewelry.

message 9: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments RA has decided to invest his life savings in an Argentinian ficus farm and is now conducting an inspection tour riding a small burro named Fracaso.

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I think he's using Gail's map to check on each and every one of us.

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments the timing of that map now seems strangely ominous.

message 12: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments when i hear about a strange american wandering around the city i'll know who it is.

message 13: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments If he stops by my encampment in the park, I'll let you know.

message 14: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Ice fishing with his sons.

message 15: by Sally, la reina (new)

I keep glossing the "ab" in this title thread, thinking he has walked out on us. Then I feel sad.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Jonathan wrote: "If he stops by my encampment in the park, I'll let you know."

You two can share a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "the timing of that map now seems strangely ominous."

Very good point Kevin. RA did ask that the map be created. Hmmmmmm.

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

RA needs at least six more to get drunk and start sending TCers friend requests on FB.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) The thread title makes me think of poor Locke's failed walkabout on LOST.

message 20: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Stacia ~ my other ride is a K'Vruck wrote: "You two can share a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon."

Only if he's buying. That buck I got from Cynthia's brother has to last me a while.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I think they only cost 10 cents at the most.

message 22: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Stacia ~ my other ride is a K'Vruck wrote: "I think they only cost 10 cents at the most."

Then we're in business.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Oh good! Now I know what to do the next time I'm inebriated! Last Friday, after my dinner at the new wine bar in Tumwater, I watched an episode of Firefly until I started falling asleep on the couch, and then I brushed and flossed and went to bed.

I think there's a missed drunken opportunity there, somehow... :)

message 24: by janine (last edited Jan 24, 2011 02:56PM) (new)

janine | 7715 comments you brushed ánd flossed? very responsible!

somehow i never manage that when i'm inebriated.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments janine wrote: "you brushed ánd flossed? very responsible!"

I KNOW! That's just it, janine. Shouldn't I have been out on the town or something, not flossing responsibly and getting a good night's sleep?

message 26: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "Shouldn't I have been out on the town or something, not flossing responsibly and getting a good night's..."

Perhaps so, but your teeth will be better for it, Jackie.

Janine: I like your very Dutch use of the accent mark to emphasize "and." We should adopt that in English--much simpler than italics.

message 27: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24357 comments Mod
I think he's entered a supervised sleep study to treat his insomnia.

message 28: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Jonathan wrote: "Janine: I like your very Dutch use of the accent mark to emphasize "and." We should adopt that in English--much simpler than italics."

the only problem is that americans don't know how to use accent marks.

message 29: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yes Americans are just savages that way.

message 30: by Heidi (last edited Jan 25, 2011 06:26AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I like using the Hispanic question mark before and after a word to emphasize an questioning tone... and I still use my accents in words - the ones I learned in French class.

In fact, my middle name has one that most people seem to leave off - Noël=correct; Noel=nyet.

It used to drive me crazy when they'd leave it off, now I just pity their ignorance.

message 31: by Jonathan (last edited Jan 25, 2011 06:18AM) (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments True. We can't use accent marks, and we eat with our toes. Or did you not know about that, Janine? The secret's out now, in any case.

message 32: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Jonathan wrote: "True. We can't use accent marks, and we eat with our toes. Or did you not know about that, Janine? The secret's out now, in any case."

I love the new toe less shoes they came out with recently. Great for snacking.

message 33: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i hope you wash your feet often.

message 34: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments What is this "wash" you speak about?

message 35: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Jim wrote: "I love the new toe less shoes they came out ..."

Crocs?!

message 36: by Jonathan (last edited Jan 25, 2011 06:33AM) (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Jim wrote: "What is this "wash" you speak about?"

(It's a Dutch thing, Jim. Humor her.)

Why of course we wash, Janine. Once a month, whether we need it or not.

message 37: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Yeah, yeah, what Jonathan said. I have learned to wear a helmet in the dryer though, the tumble dry used to give me a headache.

message 38: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ha! Thank you, people. I was really, really busy at work and sometimes it's better for me just to disappear, at least most of the time, for a few days than to try to be here and work at the same time.

Also, the next TC map will require home addresses and blueprints of your houses. Gail's on it already. Don't be surprised if an Australian is outside your building the next couple of days, taking measurements.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

They shouldn't notice an Australian, I'll be incognito.

message 40: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments You'll be in what?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

You want to know what I will be wearing? That would blow my cover.

message 42: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Ya missed my joke (sigh). The proper response is, "cognito, silly, just like I said."

hehehe, I crack myself up. I bet Larry got it.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Doh!

message 44: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Phil wrote: "Ya missed my joke (sigh). The proper response is, "cognito, silly, just like I said."

hehehe, I crack myself up. I bet Larry got it."

I got it, and am ticked that you said it before I could!

message 45: by Michele (last edited Jan 28, 2011 11:35AM) (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments maybe he went on a retreat (in the roman catholic sense of that word)?

message 46: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Michele wrote: "maybe he went on a retreat (in the roman catholic sense of that word)?"

With Stephen !

message 47: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I hadn't thought of Stephen since the last time LG mentioned him. I'm going to repress post 48, thank you very much.

message 48: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Is there HTML code for that? Repressing a post? Or do you have to do it in your brain?

message 49: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Shh. You're messing up my repression process.

message 50: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

So we should stop mentioning Stephen?

« previous 1