I Love Horses discussion

Horses > Horse facts

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

It's a fun way to learn new horse facts. Just post like this
1. Horses have 4 legs.

it should be something that everyone knows like the one I put. Make it interesting and make it true!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

1. After being born, it only takes a foal about 1-2 hours to stand up and walk.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

3. 10 Pounds is the weight of a horse’s heart.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

5. Horses belong to the equus family. Equus comes from the ancient Greek word meaning quickness.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

7. most horses stand sleeping up because it is hard for them to be getting down then up over and over again

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

9. in 1947 the funeral for the racehorse, Man o' War was attended by 2000 people

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

11. metal bits were first used for horses between 1300 and 1200 BC

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

13. The Welsh breed is split into four sections; A, B,C, D

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

15. A horse drinks about 5.5 gal. of water each day, about 13 times as much as a adult human

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 25, 2011 01:49PM) (new)

17. oils, such as vegetable, soya or linseed can be added to a horse's feed to help improve its coat condition and add extra calories to its diet

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Lauren wrote: "18. Did you know that there is no such thing as a white horse? Well thats true. The closest thing to white is called Gray even though it looks white."
((that I knew!))

message 12: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cynthiavargas) | 261 comments Lauren wrote: "18. Did you know that there is no such thing as a white horse? Well thats true. The closest thing to white is called Gray even though it looks white."
yes

message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily Horsefan101 (Sara!) wrote: "7. most horses stand sleeping up because it is hard for them to be getting down then up over and over again"

really i thought i heard somethig about like them beigh alert and if they need to escape they don't have to get up they can just start running!

message 14: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cynthiavargas) | 261 comments Lauren wrote: "((ya some people don't know that. and in one book I read then the instructor was saying to squeeze with ur thighs and you are supossed to keep your heels up and squeeze with your lower leg not uppe..."

I learned it in camp a few yrs ago

message 15: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac 19. White horses actually do exist, they are just rare. Their skin is pink and their eyes are blue.

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nolivingmanami) Yes, white horses do exist. You just don't see them very often.

20. Haflinger horses can live up to 40 years of age