What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. A woman who can control fire and meets an eagle shifter, during a police investigation.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elena (new)

Elena Clay | 1 comments *possible spoilers*
At the start of the book the woman is living on her own in a large house. I think this was because her house was partially burnt down and her husband had died in the fire. I'm pretty sure she blames herself (possibly because she can control fire) and so stays on her own in her house so she doesn't hurt anyone else. Somehow I think she helps on a police investigation or some sort of investigation. They do this whole investigation. (Maybe involving breaking into someone's house and finding them dead because of a spell and they end up escaping through the window as someone comes into the house. They end up kissing on someone's balcony. I think this is that book but it may be another.) The guy she meets is an eagle shifter and has a ring which his father gave him to give to the woman he loves as he did. They start to fall for each other, and as he can only shift his clothes not stuff like silver and gold he gives her his ring to look after. She gets kidnapped by a witch, I think, and ends up in some elaborate trap she has set to catch the shifter guy, in which she can't use her fire powers as they would be turned inwards and she'll kill herself, and the guy walks onto a spot which has been spelled so he can't move. Eventually he saves her, but she leaves him and goes back to her house, but he lets her keep his ring. She decides to sell her house because it's too big and she is emptying her greenhouse when she leaves the ring there when she leaves by accident. The guy then comes to her house gets the ring from the greenhouse and goes inside. He asks her to marry him, and reveals that he has brought her house using someone who works at his company so she didn't know it was him.
I read this book sometime between 2008 and know but I don't think it was new when I read it. I think it was in a series with another book with the same sort of concept (they fall in love, obv.)
Thanks

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40166 comments Mod
Elena, are you still looking for this book?

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Elena hasn't been active since posting this message. If she doesn't answer soon, the next mod to check this thread should move this down to Abandoned