Obsessed with True Crime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Women who kill

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So I know that there isnt much info about women serial killers, so I did a search and came up with a few that are really awfull

I'll post the links to websites below:

Countess Elizabeth Báthory de Ecsed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabet...

Amelia Dyer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelia_Dyer

Madame Popova
http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkillers...

Another link to a great website to learn more about famous Female Serial Killers
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/female...

Many Female Serial killers are also known as angels of death as many of them commit their crimes in hospitals (yes, they are nurses).

Do you have any interesting information regarding female killers?

message 2: by Gary (new)

Gary Taylor (GaryTaylor) | 6 comments You might want to take a look at my true crime memoir, Luggage by Kroger. The antagonist is a notorious Texas femme fatale attorney with several dead bodies in her wake. The story has been featured on 48 Hours Mystery, American Justice and even made into a film starring Melanie Griffith. The book is available in every e-book format as well as in paperback. You'll find the best descriptions in the reviews on the Amazon detail page.Luggage By Kroger: A True Crime Memoir

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Schultz (lauraschultz) | 9 comments I have written specifically on female serial killers-the article is in Crime Spree Magazine Nov/December issue that includes many you mentioned.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you Gary and Laura!
The mind of the female Killer is so different to that of the man... I read that she will often become emotionally involved with her victims...

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 178 comments There's so many women killers

message 6: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3435 comments Mod
Going through old threads and came across this. Something to discuss.

message 7: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1282 comments How about these? There's evidence that at least a few of them were involved personally with torture, at least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_...

message 8: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14159 comments Bathory sure was. You can forget that eyewash about bathing in virgin blood -- she was a plain, regular old sadistic torture killer.

I wonder how this is going to be changing in the next few years. When I got into the mental-health field, violence against others was almost 100% male behavior. The girls would sit in a bathroom stall and cut themselves in secret. Now the boys are turning into secret cutters and the girls are chasing their parents around with knives.

message 9: by Shelley (last edited Jan 06, 2017 02:19PM) (new)

Shelley | 1225 comments Fishface wrote: "Bathory sure was. You can forget that eyewash about bathing in virgin blood -- she was a plain, regular old sadistic torture killer.

I wonder how this is going to be changing in the next few years..."

I noticed that trend too. :(

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 178 comments I never heard of her Fishface

message 11: by Rita (new)

Rita (crimesleuthjunkie) | 1113 comments Niecole wrote: "So I know that there isnt much info about women serial killers, so I did a search and came up with a few that are really awfull

I'll post the links to websites below:

Countess Elizabeth Báthory d..."

Niecole, these women killers have always captured my attention and now I will explore! Thank you!

message 12: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (savannahjan) | 62 comments I’m. It convinced Bathory should make the list. There is a really good (fictional) movie about her that presented another side to that story that made so much more sense than her killings hundreds.

She was a woman who was powerful at a time when women weren’t supposed to be powerful. Men wanted her money and land. It makes much more sense to me that her story is one of herbal healing that people thought strange and rumors of disappearing girls.

Because of the time period we are talking about here, there are no reliable records. So even if she /was/ a serial killer, she probably killed in the double digits and the records were exaggerated. But I just don’t know if I believe she was.

message 13: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 178 comments Thanks for giving me the update Kristin

message 14: by Slackyb (new)

Slackyb (goodreadscomslackyb) | 4 comments I've read many books about female serial killers. For whatever reason, with the exception of Aileen Wuornos, they just don't receive the notoriety that male serial killers do. Still, some of the women are every bit as coldblooded as the worst of the men.

message 15: by Fishface (last edited Aug 27, 2018 10:31AM) (new)

Fishface | 14159 comments Well, a lot of them are not "real" SKs according to the FBI because they usually kill for insurance money. That's the kind of straightforward reasoning anyone can understand, not like Jeffrey Dahmer stuff. I think that's why they don't get as much press attention. Female serial killers like Dahmer are rare as hen's teeth -- that killer in The Burn Farm is one, along with Erzsebet Bathory (see Dracula Was a Woman: In Search of the Blood Countess of Transylvania) and Judy Neeley (Early Graves). Aside from those women who torture their children to death in order to look like a hero to the family medical team, those are the only ones I can think of who are really serial killers.

Kristin, the records they have suggest that Erszebet Bathory DID kill hundreds. She worked with her aunt; they were both noblewomen and torture killers at a time when it was perfectly legal to off anyone who lived on your property, without any legal repercussions. She hired young women as household staff, luring them with unusually high pay, and booby-trapped the whole house leaving money lying around, for instance, and anyone who picked up a coin left on a table was raped and tortured to death. People who visited the house knew about it. The tenants on her land sure knew about it but they had no recourse.

message 16: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14159 comments One favorite site of mine that concerns itself with female criminals is this blog:

http://unknownmisandry.blogspot.com/

Not everything they discuss is about serial killers, but there are all manner of female criminals and other female outliers discussed at the blog.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.