Kenyons Minions discussion

end of the DH era? (SPOILER)

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments I've been thinking (re-reading Acheron) and something Apollymi said to Tory struck a cord.
If Artie wasn't feeding from Ash then she wouldn't have the powers to create the Dark-Hunters.

So, now that she's not munching on our favorite God, does this mean there will be no more Dark-Hunters created?
Because as far as I know, she didn't steal his powers (as with Sin), but just "borrowed" them by feeding from him.
It would also offer an additional explanation on her last "threat" that no other DH will go free, since she didn't have a bartering partner anymore.

I have a feeling Nick is going to be the salvation of the DHs in the end. "Would you be my friend?" Pah-lease! *roll-eyes*

message 2: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments UGH! Remember when Nick goes back to visit his mothers grave and is met by that lady who tells Nick that him and Ash are alike in a lot of ways? Could it possibly mean that Nick will replace Ash's place with Artemis? I'm not too sure which book it was in or if it was in 'Fear The Darkness' e-book, but back when I read that I just figured it was because him and Satara were linked by blood just as Ash and Artemis were. But after reading Acheron's book and the way it ended I'm thinking Nick will be Artemis' new 'friend'. Poor Nick, I really liked him and I hate to see what Ash went through with her to happen to him.

message 3: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments But maybe Nick will be her salvation. Can you imagine Nick and Artie having a HEA together?

It is rumored Artemis will have a story of her own in the future with a "mate" of her own and not just a pet. What if it's Nick?

message 4: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments Nick and Artie? I will definately have a heart attack with that couple! Who knows though, the DH world is filled with twists and turns.

Can you imagine Nick and Artemis? Together?! If Artemis does end up falling in love again I just hope she doesn't make the same mistake again. Especially to Nick.

Speaking of Nick, in the end doesn't he have an Atlantean dagger, what if Nick and Artie come together to plan the death of Acheron? Do you think Nick would actually do that? I know, it's just a story but sometimes I feel like yelling at the book and telling Nick that it wasn't Ash's fault his mother died, even thought it partially was. I wish they were best friends again, dont you?

Strykers book is next, it makes me wonder when Nick's book will come out. Also, I'm scared to think the DH series will come to an end.

message 5: by Mojca (last edited Aug 10, 2008 09:59AM) (new)

Mojca | 84 comments Nick might be stupid enough to attempt to kill Ash, but Artemis knows better.
If Ash dies, his mommy dearest will be set free and Artie will be just another footnote in the history of Olympus.

Oh, and the world would end.

message 6: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 6 comments I can honestly say that I don't think I would be able to read a book about Artie!! After everything she did to Ash, I just wouldn't be able to overlook all that! Especially if it were with Nick, I LOVE Nick! He deserves someone so much better than Artemis!!

message 7: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments I think I'll pass on the whole Artie deal, too.

Except of course if she'll end up with Nick, perish the thought. Then I would have to read it, because Nick is an amazing character, riding the spectrum from good guy to bad guy and all the shades in between.

Let's keep our fingers crossed he won't end up with the Heifer Goddess, but I'm sure they will end up sucking necks soon - maybe even in the next book. *shudder*

message 8: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments AGH! The irony of that thought. I will be so heartbroken if that actually happened. Artemis and Nick, my heart is breaking just thinking of that.

I guess we all will just have to wait and see.

message 9: by Laura (last edited Aug 11, 2008 05:26PM) (new)

Laura | 9 comments I agree, I wouldn't read the book either if it was about Artemis, but would be compelled if it was Nick. She is just horrible!! I did get the feeling that is the direction SK was going...

Another feeling I got was Savitar and Apollymi; when he was talking to her in her garden about Ash. Did anyone else get that feeling???? I think it would be kind of interesting, definitely a different spin. And what about Jaden, who for Jaden?

message 10: by Mojca (last edited Aug 11, 2008 10:59PM) (new)

Mojca | 84 comments Can I volunteer for Jaden? ;P

I don't know about Apollyimi and Sav. There was no zing, at least I didn't feel it. Besides, Savitar loves his island and catching waves. I sure don't see Apollymi out in the sun, rocking on a surfing board.
And the whole she-can't-leave-Kalosis, might put a bump in that relationship.

I would envision a surfer chick for Savitar, something along the lines of Kate Bosworth in Blue Crush, screaming her lungs out "That was so awesome, dude!" when he emerges from the surf and tucks his board under his arm.

message 11: by Natale (new)

Natale (natalestenzel) | 9 comments Hmm. I don't think Nick has enough personal power to preserve a balance between him and Artemis. I don't see a relationship working there. I think he gets involved with Artemis only long enough to really screw up his existence.

Artemis . . . it would be hard to redeem her enough to give her a HEA. I think only someone like Savatar or Jaden -- another god, probably ruthless but honorable -- could do it and only if her past were as bad as Ash's. They implied this possibility -- that Apollo beat her, too.

As for Apollymi and Savitar . . . I wondered the same thing:). Interesting that he can go to her, after all. And I like her. She throws a heck of a temper tantrum.

message 12: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments Apollymi and Savitar, that indeed would be an interesting combination. I don't see them together but I did find it interesting how he just popped in to see her. I guess we'll be seeing their 'relationship' play out, I hope.

I don't even want to think of Nick and Atrie! As for Jaden, Alathea you can have him :) .. I want Nick. I don't care if he's turned out to work for the bad guys. He was decent enough not do what Satara wanted him to do to Soteria (isn't that a beautiful name?). Yup, his mom taught him better.

I can't wait to read Stryker's story. When does it come out? November?

message 13: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments Stryker's story comes out November 4th. I really hope it'll be a novel and not another large-print novella.

IMHO, Stryker deserves a novel. I know he's evil incarnate, but he is capable of love (in a twisted kind of way). Just look at how he acted with Satara. Despite "hating" her, he still mourned her death.
And despite his anger at Urian, I think he still deeply loves his son.

It'll be an interesting story. A villain getting a story of his own. Can't wait.

I agree with you on Nick, Chasidy, he is a decent guy. A bitter, angry, lost little boy whose entire world fell apart. And he did redeem himself a little when he refused to kill Soteria (love the name). It's his blind rage toward Ash that is a kill-joy. Ash is not the only one to blame for what happened, and deep down Nick knows it, but he'd be damned if he ever admitted it.

What is it with men and their egos?!

message 14: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments Men and egos, that is something I will never understand.

You're right, I too believe that Stryker is capable of loving someone and finding his true love. All these men in the series I think are similar in the fact they let their egos get the best of them though thanks to the wonderful women, they get saved.

I was devistated when Stryker slit Urian's throat. Half of me wonders if somehow Urian will find love again? Possibility? As for Satara, could it possibly be that her character came to an end? Or are we going to have some sort of twist where she comes back to life? What if Artemis makes her a DH? I know that would never happen but all of these characters drive me insane thinking of outcomes.

And poor Nicky, I am dying to read his story. I just hope they don't put his whole back story about his father being killed in a prison riot and his mother being a stripper and how Kyrian saved him. I think I've read that too much already. I am very curious into what's going to happen with him though and I really hope he finds someone who is worthy of nice guy Nick instead off a*shole Nick. Haha, I was just thinking of possible outcomes for Nicks HEA, what if he ends up with Marissa Hunter? Wouldn't that be a trip?

message 15: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments I'm beginning to suspect the same thing. Nick might end up with Marissa, but that also means we'll have to wait a long time for his book, since she's still a baby.

I'd love to see the interaction. Since we have no idea just what powers Marissa has (and whether she really is Ryssa reincarnated) it would be a hoot seeing Nick getting his butt kicked (figuratively speaking) by a girl.

Also, it would make Ash flip - he's her godfather (with heavy emphasis on the God part) and if she really is Ryssa, I'm sure it would make the vein in his forehead throb.

Forget the Bee Gees and Similicious, if Nick and Marissa hooked up Tory would have her hands full with preventing Ash going all Papa Smurf on the poor Gautier kid.

message 16: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 3 comments What is going to happen with Stryker. Who is going to be the main bad guy after stryker goes off and finds his true love in this next book. maybe that bad demon leader guy will be the mean one. Hmmm oh and ofcourse Artemis will continue to be a pain in the ass. questions questions.

message 17: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments I think Stryker will persevere, despite his possible (we don't know yet!) HEA. And it won't be as if he doesn't know his intended.

According to what I glimpsed at Sherri's official homepage, the woman in question is his ex-wife. And she's even worst than him.

So my best guess is that the two will join forces against the good guys, because let's face it, the villain (any villain) has to have a brain, not only brawn and murder intent. And Kessar just doesn't strike me as a great thinker.

message 18: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments Papa Smurf?! I forgot about that term Tory used. Oh she will definately have her hands full. Nick and Marissa, Simi, Ash, and since Marissa is involved so will Kyrian, Amanda and of course Tabitha who will drag along Valerius and since Julian is Kyrians bestfriend he'll be along and Grace..... basically the whole New Orleans crew. Imagine their house? Gods, Goddesses and demons already poof in and out. Imagine everytime Nick tries to take out Marissa? But you're right, it will definately be a while until Nick's book.

As for Stryker, even if he does find love again, I think he'll still be much involved with the DH world. I mean, he is still hunting Nick down for Satara's death. I think if somehow Stryker goes down it'll be Nick to take over(as much as I dread that).

As for Stryker's ex-wife, did they mention her in any of the previous books? Also, I can't remember how Stryker came to be and how did he get involved in the DH world?

message 19: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments I don't recall Stryker’s ex being mentioned in any of the books, but maybe I'm a little amnesiac at the moment.

As far as Stryker goes, he is the son of Apollo, one of those who were originally cursed due to Ryssa's murder.

Apollymi took him under her wing, because a) she hated his father for killing her son and wanted revenge, b) she missed her son and needed a substitute.
She was the one who taught him how to take human souls in order to elongate his life, resulting in him being the first of the Daimons. He was the one who spread her teachings and that's how the Daimons came to be.

The rift between Apollymi and Stryker started in Dance With the Devil (I think that was also her first appearance in the DH world), when Stryker, with a hefty help from Styxx (before his short trip to Tartarus), wanted to end the world, by killing the Elekti (Acheron) and bring upon the end of the world.

And since we know exactly who Ash a.k.a. Elekti is, we also know why that didn't sit well with the Great Destroyer, despite her great destroying ways.
Around that time Artie also decided to "share" Kat with her grandmother, so they could protect our favorite God from getting in the way of any wayward Atlantean dagger.

Whew!

message 20: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments Oh that's right, thanks. Boy, so much has happened I always get confused with the stories and when something with someone happened.

Honestly, I could talk about the DH world for days and not get tired of it. There's so much to talk about, so much to discuss, and so many possible outcomes it's ridiculous!

message 21: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 84 comments I know what you mean. I'm driving my mother insane. Since she loves me too much to ignore me, she's forced to endure endless hours of DH history and trivia.

She's never read a DH book in her life, but she doesn't have to. She knows everything.
Well at least I think she does. She probably just zones out when I start babbling.

message 22: by Natale (new)

Natale (natalestenzel) | 9 comments What if Satara called on Artemis at her death, becomes a Dark Hunter . . . and gets paired with Nick? I didn't really like Satara, though. Felt bad for her re. Apollo, but she came off as a brat and not an entertaining one.

message 23: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy | 157 comments I thought that too. Satara being a dark-hunter? I think Aunty Artie wouldn't be so stupid as to make her a new dark-hunter when it seems she's wanting Nick as a 'friend'.

It looks like we got less than three months to see what happens next. Three months is too long, don't you agree?