Romance In "The Old South" discussion

Let's Talk Books: > 2-Book Read (has a sequel)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 493 comments Mod
These have a bit more family drama in them:
The Fires of July (Mannings, #1) by Sharon Salvato The Fires of July and its sequel The Drums of December (Mannings, #2) by Sharon Salvato The Drums of December

Even though Gone With The wind was a "stand-alone" novel,it has a sequel but by a different author.
So I will place in this thread.
Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell Gone With the Wind and the sequel Scarlett by Alexandra Ripley Scarlett
Some feel it should have been left alone.

message 3: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 147 comments Mod
I read enough reviews of Scarlet that I decided to pass. I did try the latest GWTW spin off Rhett Butler's People, but it flew around halfway through. Awful. Bad, unbelievably bad.

I read Scarlet..it was..ok. Could have been worse, sometimes you just cant further a 1st book when its a "class" in its own.

message 5: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Mar 18, 2011 04:35PM) (new)

Came across these two Creole Surgeon by Mitchell Caine Creole Surgeonand its sequel Worship the Wind by Mitchell Caine Worship the Wind
looks to be lots of drama here..

message 6: by Joeera (new)

Joeera i read this a long time ago and i loved it so much.

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier and this i found this by a different author Mrs. de Winter by Susan Hill

Joeera wrote: "i read this a long time ago and i loved it so much.

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier and this i found this by a different author Mrs. de Winter by Susan Hill"

I havent read this one yet Joeera..is the story set in the south? I have heard though that "Mrs. deWinter" is really bad. Not always a good thing to try an follow up a classic by another author.

message 8: by Sandy (last edited Dec 04, 2012 05:25AM) (new)

Sandy (sandymcdks) | 260 comments Mod
It doesn't appear that both of these book are set in the US South during the time period that has been set for this group. Sorry Joeera.