Wings Book series by Aprilynne Pike discussion

Wings Movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 124 (124 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 29, 2011 09:48AM) (new)

Wings is going to be a movie soon! I was reading her blog and I was so excited. But then I found out that it's going to be done by Disney and Laurel is going to be played by Miley Cyrus! I'm sorry but now I'm mad because Miley just doesn't look like Laurel, and I plain just don't want her playing Laurel... AT ALL!!!! I think that AnnaSophia Robb should play her. here's the blog link...
http://www.aprilynnepike.com/miley-cy...

And heres a video that gets my point!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ_qiz...

message 2: by Alea (new)

Alea (b-young) | 5 comments You're totally right! Anna Sophia fits so good in to the description of Laurel.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I know right?!? Hopefully Aprilynne will speak up and stand up for her book unlike other authors and let their book-movies turn into something totally different

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 8 comments I couldn't agree more. Not only does Miley not look like Laurel would be described, but let's face facts she isn't a very good actress. Right off the bat it would take away from the movie. Anna Sophia was made for the part. It's not just having light eyes & hair but Laurel is said to be beautiful. She would be perfect. However, as long as they change Miley I'll be happy. SHE CAN NOT ACT. LOL.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

YES! I wish they would let the fans decide

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

heh good point

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 8 comments Savannah wrote: "YES! I wish they would let the fans decide"

LOL!!!!

message 8: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 10 comments I do like Annasophia for Laurel.
But I also have a couple more suggestions. What do you think?
Ayla Kell
Ashley Benson
Dakota Fanning
Chloe Moretz
Emily Osmet - more Laurel like than Miley :P

Their are also these actresses, but they will have to go blonde.
Ella Purnell
Olesya Rulin
Hailee Steinfeld

message 9: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dani98) Chrissy12 wrote: "I do like Annasophia for Laurel.
Ayla Kell
Ashley Benson
Dakota Fanning
Chloe Moretz

The..."

Good choices!!
Also can I point out, that if Miley Cyrus is to play laurel, she would have to ho blonde and she would like Hannah Montana! That is definitely NOT laurel

message 10: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dani98) Become blonde*

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 31, 2011 05:19PM) (new)

yeah those are awesome suggestions
who would be David/Tamani?

message 12: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 10 comments Now I reckon that is harder! Trying to choose Tamani and David, may become a bit more indecisive
Hmmm...

message 13: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 10 comments Robbie Amell as Tamani?? Haha, would definitely be hard to resist if he was :P

message 14: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 10 comments This site had some good suggestions, except for Tamani.
http://openbooksociety.com/article/ob...
Laurel - Brittany Robertson
Chelsea - Shenae Grimes
Laurel’s Mum - Meg Ryan.
Laurel’s Dad - Greg Kinner.
David - Alex Pettyfer.
Tamani - Chace Crawford.
Except I reckon that Ben Barnes would be better than Chace, he has the hair.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What do you reckon?

Samantha Marie  (samanthalewis) | 54 comments BEN BARNES AS TAMANI = YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I first read the book I always pictured Tam to look kind of like him. <3 Love Ben Barnes!!!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

wow! those are like the perfect cast! I never even thought of Ben Barnes as Tamani, guess I just wasn't thinkin'. I was considering Taylor Lautner but on as a last resort because it would just be weird.

Anyways. Good job! *high five*

message 17: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dani98) Ben Barnes is a good choice. But I always imagined Tamani with darker skin?

message 18: by Chrissy12 (last edited Apr 01, 2011 10:00PM) (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 10 comments Well they can always make him darker. If they can make people have sparkly white skin, then they can definitely make Ben get a tan :P

Taylor does have the perfect skin colour :)

For me though, even though it says that Tamani is short, I still picture him as tall... But I guess that is just my own personal taste.

message 19: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dani98) haha very true.
I picture him tall as well :P

message 20: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani | 10 comments I would be happy with anyone as Laurel. If Miley plays that roll, then I'm done reading the books! Ben Barnes is a good choice for Tamani. Taylor Lautner would be a pretty good choice too but it would be weird seeing him play a different part other than a wolf in Twilight.

Samantha Marie  (samanthalewis) | 54 comments Tiffani wrote: "I would be happy with anyone as Laurel. If Miley plays that roll, then I'm done reading the books! Ben Barnes is a good choice for Tamani. Taylor Lautner would be a pretty good choice too but it wo..."

I agree, I can't really see him as anyone other than Jacob. O.o

message 22: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani | 10 comments Totally! If he was to play in anyother movie, I would be waiting for him to change into a wolf. LOL. But seriously, do these people know anyone better than Miley? They can make her the last resort, just find someone BETTER!!!!

message 23: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dani98) Even if they had to put Miley in the movie, she'd make a much better Chelsea than a Laurel

Samantha Marie  (samanthalewis) | 54 comments Danielle wrote: "Even if they had to put Miley in the movie, she'd make a much better Chelsea than a Laurel"

I always thought that too! She looks way more like Chelsea than Laurel.

message 25: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani | 10 comments Yeah, I would have to agree on that. Just as long as she is not the main character I will be fine. Lol.

message 26: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 6 comments Chrissy12 wrote: "I do like Annasophia for Laurel.
Ayla Kell
Ashley Benson
Dakota Fanning
Chloe Moretz

The..."

i think Ayla Kell is an awesome choice i can totally see her as Laurel. Also i agree Emily Osmet would definitely make a better Laurel than Miley by far.

Samantha Marie  (samanthalewis) | 54 comments I think they should just get some unknowns for the movie. I read somewhere that the movie is supposed to be another Miley Cyrus buff, and if that's true, I don't want them to make the movie at all. O.o

message 28: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani | 10 comments I would scream if that was true!!!! It probably would be nice to have fresh meat in the movie. It would probably be a relief to have unknowns.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

ditto and I would rather that they wouldn't make the movie if miley cyrus were Laurel if she had to be in it she could be Chelsea unknowns would be nice

Samantha Marie  (samanthalewis) | 54 comments I saw a link in a popular magazine that the film has been "developed for Cyrus to play Laurel." But they might have changed their minds; that article was published when the book first came out in 2009...

message 31: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani | 10 comments I serously hope it changed! Yeah Miley might be good at Hannah Montana but I didnt like her very much in The Last Song. She would be better off as Chelsea. I mean does she always have to be the center of attention? Or can she live with being just someone?

message 32: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 4 comments Chrissy12 wrote: "Robbie Amell as Tamani?? Haha, would definitely be hard to resist if he was :P"

yea hes hot and all but tamani was described as lean and short. and way darker. (because he has to be darker than olive-tone david) =]

message 33: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 4 comments I dont like the idea of a movie. books like these kinda loose their magic once its put on a screen as a specific image. I dont know about anyone else but it makes me loose some of my imagination. like twilight.

message 34: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 4 comments Chrissy12 wrote: "This site had some good suggestions, except for Tamani.
http://openbooksociety.com/article/ob...
Laurel - Brittany Robertson
Chelsea - Shenae Grimes
Laurel’s Mum - ..."

absolutely yes for tamani. perfect

message 35: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani | 10 comments i know what you mean whitney. but sometimes if you have the right effects and the right equipment it could be pretty good.

message 36: by Leona (new)

Leona  Alexander  (leonaleo) | 10 comments I was soooo Exited when i heard that wings is becoming a movie very soon ! but Laurel is going to be played by Miley Cyrus !!!! COME ON ! she not even close to laurel's Personality !

whitney I tottaly agree with u about Tamani !! but how about Dianna Agron ? I think she can be good at laurel's character .. maybe =\

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I totally agree with you!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

but when is the movie coming out?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

they haven't really said anything about a date yet but I think maybe in 2012 or 2013?

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

:O thats soooooooooooooooo far away :(

message 41: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 05, 2011 12:06PM) (new)

I know :(

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate waiting but I really wish that anyone but Miley plays Lurel she sooooooooo doesn't fit the part

message 43: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani | 10 comments I agree!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

:D think Leven Rambin would be better?

message 45: by Raghad (new)

Raghad (voldys_nose) | 12 comments guys do u have any idea whts the forth book gonna be?? cause the ending of illusions was kinda unexpected!! i mean i cant believei t ended like tht!! wht am i gonna do!! i cant sleep!!!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll read it and let ya know if I have any ideas, its sitting on my bookshelf as I type

Samantha Marie  (samanthalewis) | 54 comments Raghad wrote: "guys do u have any idea whts the forth book gonna be?? cause the ending of illusions was kinda unexpected!! i mean i cant believei t ended like tht!! wht am i gonna do!! i cant sleep!!!"

Oh my gosh I agree! I can hardly take it. I read the whole thing in one day, and the ending is driving me insane!

message 48: by Leona (new)

Leona  Alexander  (leonaleo) | 10 comments OMG !!! I'm Freaked out !!! I didn't read the book yet !
='(

message 49: by Raghad (new)

Raghad (voldys_nose) | 12 comments @samantha ik!! i mean i was sooo addicted tht i wanted to finish it in a day but couldnt cause i had sooo much work to do and i made a mistake and went to bed without finishing it and trust me i didnt sleep the WHOLE night!! i kept on thinking about tamani and laurel!! man i love tam!!! and OMG wht am i gonna do with yuki!! she a winter fairy!!! and klea is bad!!! it was sooo suprising tht she turned out to be a fairy!! i dont know wht to do tht i freaked out today and called my friend and told her EVERYTHING and now shes mad me cause she was still reading it and i spilled it!! couldnt stop myself!!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

GAH! I havent read Illusions yet! Lucky! My library hasnt hooked us up yet!

Anyhow, while I do enjoy MIley Cyrus I dont think she would fit, she is cute and attractive enough, but she isnt the best looking blonde. As much as I hate to admit it Taylor Swift would work look wise, but I dont know about her acting . . . I would say more but I need to do more research on the other actors that have been mentioned.

« previous 1 3