THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB discussion

Authors and Their Books > MEMBER- JEFFREY GETZIN: PRINCE OF BRYANAE!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB  | 7278 comments Mod
Prince of Bryanae

VENGEANCE FROM THE PAST

After over a century of valiant service, the elven soldier Willow has buried her past so deeply that even she has forgotten it. But it hasn't forgotten her. Now old enemies have found her and have kidnapped the Prince of Bryanae before her very eyes! Considered by most of Bryanae to be a traitor and coward, Willow must confront her fears and plunge headlong into the heart of the enemy empire to rescue the Prince and return him safely home.

An army of fierce warriors stands in her way, led by the mad and seemingly immortal Warlord. Willow must use every resource at her disposal if she is to save the Prince, even if that means relying on the headstrong and lovesick Private Tamlevar, the inscrutable winged mage Suel, or the dashing but devious Captain Snyde.

Willow has been honing her combat and weaponry skills for over 150 years. Now it is time to put that practice to good use. The fates of four races and two kingdoms hang in the balance

"Jeffrey Getzin graduated from Clark University where he won the Loring Holmes and Ruth Dodd Drama Contest for an original one-act play. He has a master’s degree in Computer Science from the University of Pittsburgh. Jeffrey currently develops software for Cantor Fitzgerald in New York City, and lives in New Jersey with his long-time girlfriend Kate and a seemingly infinite number of cats.

"Jeffrey is a lifelong practitioner of various martial arts, and currently holds a blue belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu under world-renown Mixed Martial Arts fighter Renzo Gracie. He has competed in table tennis at the national level. Jeffrey is an avid film and home theater buff. Also, his mother says he is very handsome."

My website address is http://www.jeffreygetzin.com. The page on my site for my book is http://www.jeffreygetzin.com/Pages/POB.a...

My book can be purchased in softcover and for the Kindle on Amazon.com at http://www.amazon.com/dp/1451525753 and http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004APA36M respectively.

Prince of Bryanae by Jeffrey Getzin

Such an intriguing and intricate plot- how long did it take you to write Prince of Bryanae and how did you come up with the many characters?

message 3: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Getzin | 2 comments Hi Rick,

Thanks for the invitation and the thread. Prince of Bryanae is my first published novel, but it's actually the second one I wrote. Many of the characters in this novel appeared in some capacity in my first, though none as "stars". (Many of those characters, in turn, were inspired by some old Dungeon and Dragons games from back in my grad school days.)

I remember reading some advice from an established author, possibly Orson Scott Card, that your second novel should not be a sequel to your first, or at least, it should not be a direct sequel.

So I followed that advice. Two out of the three main characters of my first novel make no appearance whatsoever in this one. The third main character, Suel, is a but a supporting cast member in this one.

The heroine of "Prince of Bryanae", Willow, was actually a minor villain in the first novel. She had such great potential as a character that I knew that she had to be fleshed out and given her own story, complete with a past that helps explain why she became the driven death-machine that she is today.

The actual writing of "Prince of Bryanae" probably only took six months to a year, but I spent many times that in editing. It's easy to write a novel. It's tough to write a good one, and as Stephen King pointed out, the secret is in the editing.

Jeff

Jeffrey wrote: "Hi Rick,

Thanks for the invitation and the thread. Prince of Bryanae is my first published novel, but it's actually the second one I wrote. Many of the characters in this novel appe..."

really facinating post Jeff- I love hearing about how a book came into being- thanks!

message 5: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey Getzin | 2 comments You're very welcome. That'll be $5.75, please. ;)

Jeffrey wrote: "You're very welcome. That'll be $5.75, please. ;)"

haha!! bill it to James Mason!

Any new books???? To promote??

THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Prince of Bryanae (other topics)