dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6620 comments Mod
Gone Too Far By Suzanne Brockmann

A reread: Start Date: 01-03-11 Finished Date: 01-22-11

Hero: Sam Starrett: White man

Heroine: Alyssa Locke: Black woman

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 221 comments I thought Alyssa was/is a mixture of races/nationalities.

message 3: by Arch , Mod (new)

She is Debbie. Alyssa's father is white and her mother is black. It's also mentioned that Alyssa is part hispanic. I'm assuming on her mother's side. But, Alyssa classifies herself as black, so that's why I have said black woman. She's really biracial.

message 4: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 221 comments I guess it would be difficult to put down on an application all that in the "race" section. LOL!

message 5: by Arch , Mod (new)

lol, yes it would be difficult Debbie.

message 6: by Chicki (new)

Chicki Brown (chicki663) | 130 comments Sam and Alyssa's stories are my favorites of all Suzanne Brockmann's books. Talk about a hot, odd couple! Unfortunately, I believe Hot Pursuit was the end of their story.

Chicki Brown
Author of
Hot Fun in the Summertime
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003U6RT96
Web site: http://www.chicki663.webs.com

message 7: by Arch , Mod (new)

Chicki,

Sam and Alyssa are a hot couple. I wasn't really feeling Hot Pursuit to say that Sam and Alyssa are my favorite couple. They didn't appear to be the same Sam and Alyssa that I know.

And yes, Hot Pursuit probably was their last story that Suzanne is going to write. I think if she writes more short stories, it will be about other people.

Oh well, as long as they live in my head and they do visit me a lot.

message 8: by Chicki (new)

Chicki Brown (chicki663) | 130 comments You're so right, Arch! They will live on in my mind as an image of Vanessa Williams and a young Sam Elliott ...

message 9: by Arch , Mod (new)

lol Chicki, I've seen a few minutes of a movie last night with Hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker in it. Sam Elliott was in it too and when I saw him, I said to myself that he's someone's version of Sam.

You are like the second person that I have read that said that Sam Elliott was their version of Sam. I've read you said it on here before. But I've read the other person said it like in 2008.

message 10: by Arch , Mod (last edited Jan 23, 2011 01:42PM) (new)

Chicki,

I've done this collage a while back. This is how my Sam and Alyssa looks and yes, Alyssa is the young Vanessa Williams (In The Unsung Hero, she is said to look like Vanessa Williams). Another woman from a Suzanne Brockmann group that I was on in 2007 stated that her version of Sam was Bailey Chase (Butch from Saving Grace) and after seeing him - I agreed. That's how I starting watching Saving Grace. I've watched it just for him. At first my choices were Josh Holloway and Halle Berry. But that quickly changed.

Just imagine how Ash looks. He is said to have Alyssa's color and Sam's eyes. And I know it's just me thinking like this, but since Sam and Noah look alike, I am sure that if people that don't know them, see Alyssa, Ash and Noah together, they probably think that Ash is Noah's baby.

message 11: by Chicki (new)

Chicki Brown (chicki663) | 130 comments Oh, yeah. Josh Holloway would be perfect. I always picture Sam with long hair, because Brockmann mentioned him having his hair tied back.

Chicki

message 12: by Arch , Mod (new)

Sam had long hair in Gone Too Far, but cut it. Thank goodness. I don't like long hair on men.

If you want to Chicki, check out my review of Gone Too Far on my new blog.

message 13: by Arch , Mod (new)

If you want to continue to see what interracial books that I am reading just to read or even for the IR reading challenge, see my blog. I'll also post a review on here. I'll definitely be posting a review about the IR reading challenge books. As for the rest of the interracial books - I'll post some reviews on my blog. It depends, because I don't post reviews to blogs unless it's a book or character(s) that I really liked. Other than that, reviews are only posted here, etc.

For any non challenge book that will be posted on my blog, on the review on here, I will make a note to see blog for review.

I'm closing my thread.

message 14: by Arch , Mod (new)

I've decided to reopen my thread.

message 15: by Arch , Mod (last edited Apr 03, 2011 09:15PM) (new)

Book: Scandal In Copper Lake by Marilyn Pappano

Hero: Robbie Calloway(white) Heroine: Anamaria Duquesne(black: biracial half black, half white. Part Latino(?)

Date started: 03-09-11

Date finished: 03-23-11

I didn't care for this book. I gave it two stars. I will be writing a review for it soon. I will not be putting a review on my blog.

message 16: by Arch , Mod (new)

I'm reading Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8) by Nalini Singh

message 17: by Arch , Mod (new)

I'm not blogging about Scandal In Lake Copper. I just finished my review on here. It's very long. I didn't really spoil anything. I've only stated how I felt about the book and because I did that, I've marked the book with a spoiler warning.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 18: by Arch , Mod (last edited Apr 03, 2011 09:15PM) (new)

I've given Scandal In Copper Lake two stars, but I'm changing my rating to one star. The one star rating has been tugging on me for a while now, even after I have given the book two stars. I'm changing my rating. I didn't care for the story and I have listed what I didn't like in the story.

message 19: by Arch , Mod (last edited Apr 03, 2011 09:48PM) (new)

Book: Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh

Hero: Max Shannon(white/Asian) Heroine: Sophia Russo ? (Unless I have missed something, I didn't see where Sophia's was mentioned as being a black woman. I know this book is like book 8, maybe she's mentioned in previous book and her race is given, but as I have said before, unless I have missed something, but I didn't see where she was a black woman.

I'm removing the interracial romance status off this book. If someone can pin point me to the page where it states she's a black woman. I will put it back. To me it seems as if the book should have mentioned she was black, it mentioned where other characters were black people.

Date started: 03-24-11

Date finished: 04-24-11

I didn't care for this book. The book gets a one star.

I'm stepping away from paranormal books. I've been reading them as a challenge, but I have to go back to genre's I'm use to reading.

My review:http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/70...

message 20: by Arch , Mod (new)

Hero: Laine Tanizaki: Asian
Heroine: Cori Rickan: Black

Date Started: Apirl 3, 2011

Date Finished: April 9, 2011

Rating: 1 Star

My Review:http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...