Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > ISBN 0345339703

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18...

My copy is showing 479 pages.

My cover is different too, but I think that is because I bought this before the movie came out (stupid publishers).

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments Mrs.Joseph, But then it may actually be a different edition and may have a different number of pages.

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments The ISBNs match. What else should I look for?

message 4: by Marilu (new)

Marilu | 65 comments MrsJoseph wrote: "The ISBNs match. What else should I look for?"

It is possible that two books have the same ISBN. They can be reused, especially with the same title.
I had this happen to me before and there is a way to add it, I just can't remember how. I will try to find the info I got when I asked about it and repost it here for you, as well as fix it!

message 5: by Marilu (last edited Jan 22, 2011 04:37PM) (new)

Marilu | 65 comments Only one edition of the book can have the ISBN. In the description field, when somebody adds an alternate cover edition, they can put in "an alternate edition of
(ISBN #)

Not sure how I can fix this as I don't know what cover you have, or the date of publication etc etc....lol! I can't edit it, as I do not have the info required.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments It's as Marilu says. Makes sure when you request page changes that you have the exact edition in hand: ISBN, cover!, publisher, publication date of the edition, etc. etc.

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments Ok, so here is what I can find so far:

The ISBN is showing in all places as 0345339703.
The page numbers are 479.
The publisher is Ballantine Books.
There seems to be no date of publication that I can locate. The only date (besides the copyright dates) shown is: First Ballantine Books Edition: 1965

There is an edition in the system that matches my publisher, page count, and cover: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22... -- It does not have the correct ISBN however. I am confused as to what to do.