Fantasy Aficionados discussion

Self-Promotion > BOOK GIVEAWAY - Across the Universe - DEBUT YA FANTASY NOVEL (

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 22, 2011 12:33PM) (new)

Could one of the moderators please delete this thread? We have an entire section dedicated to Authors self promotion and it's rather annoying for someone who's not an active member to randomly post this crap where ever they please. Just saying

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason (darkfiction) | 3204 comments Done. :) Well, I moved it to the appropriate place anyway.

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) That person isn't the author, they are just plugging the giveaway on their site. The author is Beth Revis.

However, if it WAS the author, I'd agree. Author spam is a big no-no for me.

I actually have an advance review copy of that book, and it looks good.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Makes little difference to me. If I wanted to deal with spamming I'd stick to yahoo. I wouldn't support this author regardless if it was her or her company using these techniques. " shrugs" call me petty ;)

message 5: by Becky (last edited Jan 23, 2011 12:07PM) (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Grant wrote: "Makes little difference to me. If I wanted to deal with spamming I'd stick to yahoo. I wouldn't support this author regardless if it was her or her company using these techniques. " shrugs" call me petty ;)"

OK... that's petty. ;)
The author can't control what someone else does. That's not anyone affiliated with her. Don't read the book if you don't think you'd like it, not because some random person spams a giveaway of the book.

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Oh no! The pressure! You can't blame me if you end up hating it! ;)