Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > Does the full moon influence human behavior?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3447 comments I've read that scientists deny that the full moon influences human behavior. What do you think?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I think it can affect people psychologically, if they SEE the full moon, and think it has an influence over them. Like a placebo effect.

message 3: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments Well, I don’t know the science behind this- but I can tell you this and perhaps Jackie is right... I was a K-9 officer for a few years and it was my habit to indicate the weather, and moon phase in my duty book at the beginning of every shift. I was always busiest during a full moon- especially in the summer.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments Is this a new person with an awesome roller derby name?
Welcome, HH!

message 5: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments She's from Canada, Carol! We all love our Canadians. Welcome, Helena!

message 6: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments I believe labor and delivery units are much more active during a full moon. It has something to do with a woman's menstrual cycle as well.

message 7: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments Cynthia wrote: "She's from Canada, Carol! We all love our Canadians. Welcome, Helena!"

Thank You Carol & Cynthia... and you are very perceptive- eerily so. I have given up a life of fighting crime with a K-9 partner and instead pursued my life long dream of becoming the Queen of the Canadian Roller Derby set. It’s a hard life, but oddly satisfying. :D

message 8: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Gail has been spooked back to anonymity. Perhaps it was the full moon?

message 9: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) Scout wrote: "I've read that scientists deny that the full moon influences human behavior. What do you think?"

Only if they are werewolves or some other kind of lycanthropes.

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 22, 2011 04:03PM) (new)

Phil wrote: "Gail has been spooked back to anonymity. Perhaps it was the full moon?"

It was bound to happen sooner or later though I enjoyed my two minutes of fame.

edit: ahhhh you were referring to my avatar. ::smacks forehead::
It was the moon that brought me out. I've now returned to my normal shadow self.

message 11: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Phil, you look a little fishy--you okay?

Scout, full moon certainly changes the behavior of perfume fanatics--we all stay up late to see what BPAL has to offer, which changes monthly around 3 a.m. EST. :D

message 12: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) My cousin was an RN in a psych ward and said that they were always busier on a night of a full moon.

message 13: by Michael (new)

Michael Helena wrote: "pursued my life long dream of becoming the Queen of the Canadian Roller Derby set. It’s a hard life, but oddly satisfying."

Hi Helena! Do you really play Roller Derby?