Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry: A Roleplay discussion

Classes > Optional: Care Of Magical Creatures

Comments Showing 1-50 of 154 (154 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by αℓℓєx / ℓєxι / ∂αиαє, tнє нαℓf-вℓσσ∂ ρяιи¢єѕѕ :3 ♥ (new)

αℓℓєx / ℓєxι / ∂αиαє єvαηs | 830 comments Mod
We will be looking for a teacher for this class. If you would like to, please PM (personal message) me. Thanks :)

message 2: by Dusty (new)

Dusty (mrsbieber) Violet walked up to the forbiden forest. she stared inside of it as she stood in the shadows blending in

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Nolasco (gollywomp) euphoria Stared at an white owl

message 4: by Hunter (new)

Hunter Law | 22 comments I'm going to join this class.

message 5: by αℓℓєx / ℓєxι / ∂αиαє, tнє нαℓf-вℓσσ∂ ρяιи¢єѕѕ :3 ♥ (new)

αℓℓєx / ℓєxι / ∂αиαє єvαηs | 830 comments Mod
We don't have a teacher yet.

message 6: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Adela waited with the rest of the class, for the teacher to start the Care of Magical Creatures class. She wasn't extremely looking forward to it, but she was sure it'd be interesting. Maybe they'd learn about hypogriffs.

Marcus clomped in from the trees, a minute late, and sat down on the grass.

message 7: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) (( Ugh. You chose an optional. xD Okay, so how do I work this out... ))

Felicia was taking a walk on Hogwarts Grounds and ended up in something that looked like... a class. Damn. She tried to turn around, but was spotted by the teacher.

(( Wait, we don't have a teacher? Then I'll be the teacher. DANAE, I'LL BE THE TEACHER! ))

message 8: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) ((Oops. Didn't think about that. Sorry.))

Marcus looked at the girl (has he met her yet) that looked like she was trying to hide. She's in for it now.

message 9: by Felicia (last edited May 12, 2011 10:37AM) (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) (( No problem. I'm creative. I found a way. 8D And no, I don't think they've met. ))

Felicia sat down in the grass, looking very dissatisfied.

(( So if I'm gonna be the professor, what should I call her? ))

message 10: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) ((Nice. =) Okipoki. Um...Professor Willowag... =P))

Marcus clambered next to her. "Stealth mode not working out, eh?"

message 11: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) (( Does that mean anything, or is it just Mandy's creativity speaking? xD ))

Felicia shook her head. "No, my stealth mode definitely needs upgrading."

message 12: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) ((My creativity speaking! =P))

He grinned amiably. "I agree."

message 13: by Felicia (last edited May 12, 2011 12:11PM) (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) (( Professor Willowag it is :D ))

Felicia wasn't really sure the word 'upgrade' was used in the wizarding world, but she liked speaking muggle-language.
She nodded. "So do you have a name?"

message 14: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) ((Yay! =D))

"No, no I don't. My parents forgot to name me out of the quadrup-lits they birthed." He paused. "Juuust kidding. Marcus. Marcus Cohen. And I'm an only child, for the record. What about you?"

message 15: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) "Felicia Johnson. My parents remembered to name it." She paused. "And I'm not an only child... for the record."

message 16: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) "Cool. Are you the oldest of how many?" He asked, just trying to make conversation.

message 17: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) "I'm the youngest," she answered. "Of two. I have a brother. Jasper."

(( No, I'm not a Twilight-fan. I just really like the name. ))

message 18: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) ((Good, good. =) ))

Marcus nodded, unsure of what to say next. "What year and house are you in, Felicia?"

message 19: by Felicia (last edited May 12, 2011 11:43AM) (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) "Aww, you remembered my name after I said one minute ago," Felicia joked. "I'm in Gryffindor, fifth year. How about you - Marcus?"

message 20: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Marcus nodded. "I'm actually kinda surprised. I'm not real good with the names and faces and such. Cool. I'm a fifth year, Ravenclaw."

message 21: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) "So I should be expecting to respond to something else than Felicia in the future?" she asked jokingly.

Professor Willowag arrived. "Hey, class. Sorry I'm late. Will you all please take a seat on the grass."

(( She should be a cool teacher. Every school has one cool teacher whom the students connect with. ))

message 22: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) ((Good idea. And most of the time. =) ))

"I'll probably end up just saying 'you! You with the face!' So yes." He grinned.

Adela sat down like Prof. Willowag had said.

message 23: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) Felicia was already sitting on the grass. "Yeah, well, I gotta tell you that it feels really good to be the only one on the school with a face," she said and laughed.

Professor Willowag sat down on the grass, too. "Alright. Since this is our first class, I thought we should talk about how the rest of the year is going to be. There is of course things that we need to study, but I'm open for suggestions." She looked at the class. "Is there anything any of you are particularly interested in?"

message 24: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) "Good, good." Marcus raised his hand for the teacher. "Thestrals."

Adela shot the boy a sharp look. "Not Thestrals." She muttered under her breath defiantly.

message 25: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) "Interesting? Hmm, no," Felicia muttered.
_______

"Thestrals," Willowag said. "That's actually already on there, so good one. Anyone else?"

message 26: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) "What's wrong with Thestrals?" Marcus asked Felicia quietly.

message 27: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) "Nothing," Felicia said. "They're cute. I was just thinking out loud."

message 28: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) "Cute?" Marcus made a face. "That's not what I'd call them....you sure we're talking about the same thing?"

message 29: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) Felicia nodded eagerly. "Yeah. You don't think they're cute? Well, not when they eat raw flesh of course, but the rest of the time."

message 30: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) "They're winged reptilian horse-bat things that eat raw meat...cute!? Man, you must think everything's cute."

message 31: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) "No, I don't," Felicia said seriously. "Flobberworms are definitely not cute."

message 32: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) He nodded emphatically. "I agree with you there."

message 33: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) Willowag made a move with her wand and a box came flying to her. "All right, I thought we should start with something light - and fun. So here I have a box of Nifflers. Does anyone know what a Niffler is?"

message 34: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Adela knew, but she didn't raise her hand.

Marcus shrugged.

message 35: by Felicia (last edited May 12, 2011 12:30PM) (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) Felicia nodded. "Nifflers are cute."

message 36: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) "Are those the fluffy things that bite?" Marcus asked.

message 37: by Felicia (last edited May 12, 2011 12:35PM) (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) "What?" Felicia asked.
______

Willowag looked at Marcus. "... No." She looked at the class. "You know, I give house points for the right answer."
____

After hearing 'house points', Felicia lazily raised her hand.

message 38: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Marcus looked sheepish. "I honestly don't remember what nifflers are or look like. Sorry."

message 39: by Felicia (last edited May 12, 2011 12:44PM) (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) "They're small and cute and find money!" Felicia exclaimed very loud.

message 40: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Adela looked at the two again.

Marcus laughed lightly.

message 41: by Felicia (last edited May 12, 2011 01:39PM) (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) "That's right, although I would have preferred if you'd raised your hand and waited." Willowag looked at the class. "Yes, Nifflers are treasure-hunting creatures, which I think is what the young miss meant with 'find money'. They are attracted to shiny things, which is why goblins use them to burrow for treasure."

message 42: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) "Oooh. Cool."

message 43: by Felicia (last edited May 12, 2011 01:37PM) (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) "The funny thing about Nifflers," Willowag continued. "is that they're very affectionate to their owners and will always come back to them, even though they actually live about 20 feet below the ground." She opened the box. "Oh, and if any of you are wearing jewelry, I suggest you take it off. They might bite to get the shiny things."

message 44: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Marcus, in a blonde moment, examined himself to make sure he wasn't wearing jewelry...then he remembered he was a guy.

message 45: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) "Good," Willowag said. "Now, everyone, come up and choose a niffler. You get 10 minutes to bond with them, and after that we will test how well you did it."

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Ali and Sky walk in laughing

message 47: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) Willowag waved Ali and Sky over. "You're both late. Pick a niffler."

message 48: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) "Bond!? Wait! I don't want a pet!" Marcus protested.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Ali ran up and looked at them. Grabbed one and brought it over to Sky.

message 50: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (feliciajoe) "You're not getting a pet," Willowag said. "Le me make this very clear: After class everyone will give me back their nifflers."

« previous 1 3 4