Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > ISBN 0743498895

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments My copy has 662 pages.

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments Done. If you could put the link to the book in your post it would help a bit, but the ISBN is sufficient. Thanks.

message 3: by Marilu (new)

Marilu | 65 comments I checked a few sites including World Cat which I was told is usually very accurate, and it also said 672 which is why I didn't fix it.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments Hmm. Mrs.Joseph, re what Marilu says, Which pages are you counting/not counting?

I usually do check WorldCat; they tend to be most accurate, I've found. But I've had books in hand when I've seen them be inaccurate.

Mrs.Joseph, Is it possible there are an additional 10 pages you are not counting that WorldCat is counting?

I'm wondering also if this edition of the book lists more than one edition's ISBN???

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 535 comments No problem with the links. :) http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14...

My book shows ISBN 0743498895 on the back cover in the SKU and inside with the other publishing information. It actually only has 662 pages numbered, with the 662nd page as the final page in the book. There are an additional 10 pages (5 sheets) in the front of the book, but these are not numbered.

I read a thread prior to posting that *I thought* said these pages should be left uncounted. I'm sorry if I misunderstood. :(

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments MissJoseph, I think it's open to interpretation but I think your numbering is the correct way. I'll cede to another librarian, especially Rivka ;-), if we are wrong.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45048 comments Mod
Lisa wrote: "MissJoseph, I think it's open to interpretation but I think your numbering is the correct way."

Indeed.