What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Citizen of the Galaxy
This topic is about Citizen of the Galaxy
SOLVED: Children's/YA > YA SF Novel [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sgakaz (new)

Sgakaz | 5 comments When I was still at school along time ago I read a book which I would love to read again it was about a boy who discover he was an heir to a vast space shipping family he'd been kidnapped as a baby when is parents luxury space cruiser was boarded by space pirates and raised by them. It would have been 1979 to 1981 don't know if it was American or British. Anyone have a clue.

Lindig | 51 comments A name swam up in my brain "Furby" but that's all I got. Hope it helps.

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6965 comments Mod
lol, ok, the BIGGIE with your plot line Sgakaz is Robert Heinlein's Citizen of the Galaxy.

message 4: by Sgakaz (new)

Sgakaz | 5 comments No that not it I'm sure he gets reunited with his family and goes from poor to rich and this is something I'm not 100 percent but what happened to his parents was planned by someone in the family so they would inherit.

yes, that's what happens with Thorby (the m.c.) in this book. His parents were killed by the pirates and he was sold as a slave. He eventually gets rescued as a child by a spy for what turns out to be the "good guys" (i.e. anti-slavery people) and goes on a couple of adventures before finding out who he really is--and that he's "richer than God" to take a totally out of context quote. And the killing/kidnapping was planned by a member of his family so that they could control the family business and money.

Ruby Hollyberry | 30 comments That's got to be Citizen of the Galaxy.

message 7: by Sgakaz (last edited Jan 23, 2011 03:37PM) (new)

Sgakaz | 5 comments I knew he was reunited with his family or at least his grandmother and no one mentions that in the review on amazon but I'll get it and see and if it is I'll mark it solved :)
I only read one review but I checked some others and you can mark it solved and yes I've ordered it thanks for all your help, hope it's as good as I remember :)

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Thanks, Sgakaz, We'll wait and hope that it's the book. Thanks for letting us know when you know for sure.

Sgakaz--if this is solved, you need to move it down to the "solved YA" thread please.

And I really DO hope that I recommended the correct book for you.

message 10: by Sgakaz (last edited Aug 24, 2011 09:51PM) (new)

Sgakaz | 5 comments done

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Citizen of the Galaxy (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robert A. Heinlein (other topics)