easy peasy reading group discussion

Book People

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (booksdingle) | 186 comments Just thought I would mention www.thebookpeople.co.uk for anyone in this group who likes to buy their books new and for a good price - I get a mag from them every few weeks (no commitment to buy books like some other book 'clubs' and none get sent to you unless you order them) BUT they do sell books for really low prices - well worth a look, the mag is good but loads more on their website too. I have bought quite a few books from them in past and been really happy with quality, price, delivery time etc. Good example of price - this month they are selling 10 classics (includes Frankenstein, Pride & Prejudice, Madame Bovary etc for £9.99 for the 10 (rrp £71.90) can't go wrong can you...and no I am not on comission, just thought I would share and try to save my friends some cash!

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen | 381 comments Mod
i got all of those for the kindle Free ( thats partly why bought one to put my classics onto it)

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 206 comments I use it lots for the childrens books. They are usually very well priced

message 4: by JackieB (new)

JackieB | 123 comments I like the Book People too, but I have to try to stop buying books. My TBR pile is just silly - well into 3 figures (I refuse to count exactly how many because if I did I think I would be horrified). The books listed here are only the tip of the iceberg.

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela (bookangel2) | 163 comments I've just had a delivery from The Book People - 10 books by W Somerset Maugham, for £9.99!
Couldn't resist that! :-)

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 206 comments I have just ordered a collection of 16 books by Michael Morpurgo for my youngest daughter for £15 - Bargain - she loves these animal stories.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Angela wrote: "I've just had a delivery from The Book People - 10 books by W Somerset Maugham, for £9.99!
Couldn't resist that! :-)"

Sounds like a very good deal.

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela (bookangel2) | 163 comments Lady OT Lavender wrote: "Angela wrote: "I've just had a delivery from The Book People - 10 books by W Somerset Maugham, for £9.99!
Couldn't resist that! :-)"

Sounds like a very good deal."

Too good to miss, that's for sure! My daughter, Anna, and I share books and we both spotted them. I haven't read anything by him for years, but know that I liked his work.