The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hi All

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jereme (new)

Jereme Gray (djgray1200) | 3 comments Just wanted to pop in and say hi as I'm new here. I've just gotten back into reading after a long, unfortunate, sad hiatus for most of my adult life. I was reintroduced by receiving an ereader for the holidays and am happy to say there's been a moratorium on television viewing since.
Currently I'm reading In the Company of Angels: A Novel which I received as a first reads title. I found this group first by stumbling the blog. I'm really excited to get into the monthly discussions and am pulling for The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet for Feb as that's already in the queue for me. Thanks everyone, and I look forward to chatting with you.

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10120 comments Mod
Hi Jereme! That's great to hear that you found us through the Blog... It means TNBBC is really spreading out there into the interweb!!

I am also happy to hear that you are welcoming reading with open arms again! Which eReader did you get, and how are you liking it?

message 3: by Jereme (new)

Jereme Gray (djgray1200) | 3 comments I'm not sure I can say which one here. Kindle is kind of a dirty word in some circles. Of course the big drawback there is not being able to use library books but it's not like paper and e ink are mutually exclusive. It's ok, you can still read both.
It's really lit a fire for me. Think I've gone through about 4 books since Christmas when last year I probably didn't even read one. For shame! Now I'm even going back into my own library at home picking up stuff I always intended to read but just shelved. Been so happy since.

message 4: by Arda (new)

Arda (arda_nl) | 58 comments Jereme wrote: "It's really lit a fire for me."

traveling by train every day combined with the ereader i got did the same for me!

Are you happy with the kindle? I have a sony PRS350 myself, I love the possibility to borrow books from the library but I can see advantages the Kindle too (especially when you live in the USA which I don't...)