Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2011 > Amanda's 50+ Books for 2011

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Skjoldal (amanda_kay) | 16 comments Last year, I joined this group about half way through the year and had already read 40 some books and intended on finishing the year with over 50 and I got to 62. This year I am hoping to read at least 130 books. I have them all picked out and they are on my shelves in the order of which I want to read them. I have already read 7 so far this year and am excited to see that there is now a count feature on the home page of Goodreads that keeps track of the books you have read. This also lets you set your own goal and let's you know how far you are percentage wise.
Well, here are the 7 books I've read so far.

1.Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
J.K. Rowling

2.Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
J.K. Rowling

3.Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
J.K. Rowling

4.A Bend in the Road
Nicholas Sparks

5.A Walk to Remember
Nicholas Sparks

6.Message in a Bottle
Nicholas Sparks

7.Nights in Rodanthe
Nicholas Sparks

I will keep adding to this post with future comments about the books I have read.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Skjoldal (amanda_kay) | 16 comments I just finished reading book 8 for the year.

8.Three Weeks with My Brother
Nicholas Sparks

It was an even better autobiography than I had expected. It's amazing to think how a person can survive and thrive in the midst of so much tragedy. I am inspired by their world wide trip and hope to take one myself some day.