Gothicked (Gothic Novel Lovers) discussion

Calling all reviewers and gothic romance authors!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Vickie (new)

Vickie Britton | 8 comments My gothic The Seven Sapphires of Mardi Gras has recently been republished by Belgrave House. If anyone would be interested in reviewing it, please email me. http://www.belgravehouse.com/online/t...

message 3: by Annie (new)

Annie | 48 comments I'd love to do this for you but I couldn't find an email address anywhere in your link.

message 4: by Vickie (new)

Vickie Britton | 8 comments Sorry, Annie. Please contact me at vickbritt@gmail.com .

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul Majkut | 6 comments I have always considered gothic literature (no, more specifically, the gothic novel)symptomatic of the grander decline of literature in the period we call "romanticism," with gothic writing an excessive example of preference for fantasy over realism, subjectivity over objectivity. These preferences seem to be historical and shift from age to age. But, when I gave a talk at the Gothic Institute Conference in San Diego a few years ago, I discovered that "Gothic" as a genre had ambitiously extended itself back in time to include works in the renaissance and middle ages. This is all complicated by considerations of "popular culture" and pulp fiction that operate on an industrial scale.

As a consequence of my rash thinking, you can imagine my unease when my novel, OULANEM, recently came out. It is the completion of a fragment left by the very young Karl Marx (19) before he became the one we all know. Very gothic--full of bombastic speeches, villains and bumblers, distressed damsels. In my hands, it is a novel of revenge, laudanum addiction, and sexual intrigue--extending Marx's intentions and style, I believe. You might take a look at it and give me some feedback.

message 6: by T.A. (new)

T.A. Moorman (gothicmoms) | 3 comments I'm backed up on reviews, but I'm always open for tours!

http://gothicmoms.blogspot.com/