Fiendlings discussion

Podcast Stuff > What do you like best...

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new)

Sue Baiman (BrightEyedDyer) | 19 comments Mod
I have listened to you do a number of different kinds of podcast episodes; serialized fiction, essays, rants, and FiendMaster Minutes. Which do you enjoy doing the most? And Why?

message 2: by Paul, Author, Moderator (new)

Paul Cooley (paul_elard_cooley) | 15 comments Mod
I think it depends. I love the essays because I'm usually babbling about something I'm pretty passionate about them. Otherwise, why bother? The FiendMaster Minutes are lots of fun because I get to poke fun at myself and my fans and just let it all hang out. Sometimes it's good to be goofy as hell.

Performing the fiction is "work." I have to really pay attention to my voice quality, the narration, and characters. It's much more difficult. Also, the actual editing is a pain in the ass.

That said, though, there's something so special about bringing your worlds to life that I can't say I don't like it. It's just grueling and for long long works (ie, Closet Treats), there's a lot of pressure to be consistent. I'm not sure I did such a great job on consistency with CT and I know that's something I need to work on in the future.

I can't wait to put out the next book. It's been too long and I'm looking forward to it. Until then, I'll be putting out more FMM and essays. Perhaps a review or two. And bug your ears as long as you're wiling to listen.

Cheers.