Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1)
This topic is about My Soul to Take
Previous BRs - Authors; U - Z > Vincent, Rachel - My Soul to Take - February 2011 BOM

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sashana (last edited Jan 20, 2011 03:46PM) (new)

Sashana This topic is open for discussion of My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent. Be prepared for SPOILERS.
My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent

message 2: by Lisarenee (last edited Jan 31, 2011 11:21AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisarenee | 7659 comments So I finished the book and really liked it.

So some questions for everyone. As always answer what you want or just tell us what you think.

1) What do you think of someone being a bean sidhe (aka Banshee)?

2) Were you surprised to learn Todd & Nash were brothers?

3) Which of the brothers do you think Kaylee will end up with Nash or Todd? Are you team Nash or Team TOdd?

4) Anyone else wondering if we'll learn more of the Netherworld?

5) Just for fun - Grim reaper or bean sidhe - Which would you prefer to be?

6) After reading the book should bean sidhe marry humans?

Melinda (disney4me) | 32 comments Wow, tough questions. I finished this book tonight. I enjoyed the book more that I thought I would and am looking forward to the rest of the series.

Now to the questions.

1) I think being a bean sidhe would be tough. Knowing someone is going to die and (technically) not be able to stop it. Plus screaming, aka singing, is really not my thing. ;-)
2) Yes, I was surprised to learn that Nash and Tod were brothers. Though after reading that, I realized it made sense. Enough hints were thrown out.
3) I think Kaylee will end up with Nash. I'm just hoping that the author finds someone for Tod as well. He has been a great character through this book and look forward to reading more about him.
4) Oh yeah, I think the netherworld is going to jump right at Kaylee whether she wants it to or not. She has now thwarted a demoness. She's going to want revenge for loosing a soul and there is still a debt to be paid. Further, the demoness will now know about Kaylee (and Nash and Tod). Oh boy!
5) Really tough question. However, I think I would choose reaper. Mostly because there is a list of those who are suppose to die. Whereas a bean sidhe really doesn't know who is "on the list".
6) Another tough question. I think yes. I agree with Kaylee's dad. There are good relationships, you just have to work harder at them.

This was a good read and look forward to checking out others through challenges.

Thanks!!

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) | 112 comments 1) What do you think of someone being a bean sidhe (aka Banshee)?

I think good luck to them

YEA!!!!!!

3) Which of the brothers do you think Kaylee will end up with Nash or Todd? Are you team Nash or Team TOdd?

Nash

I'm sure we will

Bean sidhe. while predicting death sucks, at least you can ignore it where as if you don't kill the person you are supposed to, you will die.

no because humans get too jealous

Tommie (tommiemarie) 1) What do you think of someone being a bean sidhe (aka Banshee)?

I think it would be a terrible cross to bear. To be so out of control and to not know that a scream was coming until it was literally on top of you. I think that Kaylee was a very strong character for being able to control it urges as much as she did.

Yeah, I was a little bit. I assumed that they were best friends before Tod became a reaper but because they were so different, it never occurred to me that they were actually blood-related.

Definitely Nash. I didn't get the impression that Kaylee had any feelings for Tod, other than aggravation at his behavior and gratitude for his help.

I think so - and I hope so. After everything that happened at the end of this book, I would think that the demon that has been crossed would be hungering for revenge. Somehow, Kaylee will be sucked into that world for a period of time - maybe with or through Tod?

That's a hard question. Both choices are so morbid but if I had to choose, I would say grim reaper. At least you have some control with that destiny.

I don't think so. Imagine how hard it must be on both the human and the bean sidhe. You love someone and you either a)watch them grow old and die without you aging, or b) continue to grow old and feel the pressure of knowing that your spouse will be forever young and someday be without you. It would be less painful for all involved to only marry other bean sidhes. And there would be less temptation, like what happened to Kaylee's aunt. Also, I think there is a reason that a female bean sidhe's cry is so beautiful to a male bean sidhe and to no one else. It's almost like an animal's mating cry, made to draw others of their species to them. Only they can truly appreciate what the other has to offer and is going through.

*Ash* (ashdex) | 56 comments 1) What do you think of someone being a bean sidhe (aka Banshee)? It actually sounds like it could be quite painful on the throat. Who would want to be a bean sidhe?! Being able to tell when someone is going to die... that would be awful!

2) Were you surprised to learn Todd & Nash were brothers? I was some what... I was only surprised because when Todd first came into the scene it seemed like they didn't particularly like each other.

3) Which of the brothers do you think Kaylee will end up with Nash or Todd? Are you team Nash or Team Todd? I actually really like Nash... I hope she ends up with him, but you just never know.

4) Anyone else wondering if we'll learn more of the Netherworld? I'm not going to answer this one because I've read all the books so far.

5) Just for fun - Grim reaper or bean sidhe - Which would you prefer to be? Thats not a fun question. Do you want to be the one that sees death or the one that takes life. Tough call. But I think I would prefer to be able to see death as opposed to taking it... Not sure if I could live with myself taking life.

6) After reading the book should bean sidhe marry humans? I'd say NO. Because it would suck if your children came out more human... You would have to watch them die so to speak. It just doesn't seem right.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

My Soul to Take (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rachel Vincent (other topics)