Ms. Willard's Humanities 10 D/E Block discussion

SSR Journals > Journal #1 -- Due Mon. 1/24 by midnight

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (last edited Jan 20, 2011 01:08PM) (new)

Erin (eew5n) | 63 comments Mod
Hey Everybody! Welcome to our discussion group! I'm glad you found your way here and am excited to read your thoughts. Make sure you follow our groups' rules, posting about 250 words and always staying positive when replying to classmates prompts (when you are asked to).

For our first post, please respond to the following:

1) What book are you reading and who is the author? Have you read this author before?
2) How are you finding your book? Do you love it? Hate it? Does it make you want to get up in the middle of the night and read?
3) What genre is your book? Is this a genre you typically read or something new for you?

message 2: by Stella (new)

Stella Price (stellamarieprice) | 7 comments I am reading One the Road and the author is Jack Kerouac. I have not read any of his books before, but now I do. I just knew On the Road was supposed to be great so I chose that, but now I want to read The Dharma Bums,and The Subterranean. I am finding my book very interesting. I love the way the book goes and how the author describes the feeling of each city he goes to and the details and personalities of every person he meets. I also like that it's from the perspective of a younger person and I can relate to some of the things he talks about. And I am obsessed with the "beat" generation and like that it is a big part of this book. I love my book and if I could I would get up in the middle of the night to read it, because it's a page turner. The genre of my book is fiction, though it is sort of based on Kerouac's relationship with Allen Ginsberg, Neal Cassady and William S. Burroughs. I usually read fiction because it's realistic without being boring like non-fiction. Also On the Road is semi-autobiographical, and I love those. I like reading about singers, writers, or celebrities I like. I can't wait to read this authors other books!

message 3: by David (new)

David | 6 comments The book I am currently reading is The Time Machine and the author is Herbert George Wells. To my knowledge I don't think I read any of his work before. I like the book it has some interesting ideas such as how there are four dimensions in space such as breadth, length, thickness, and time. In the Time Travelers theory its possible to move in all four dimensions, but other scientist are skeptical. Also I didn’t get to far yet, but I saw the movie so I have a basic understanding of the story and how people are food for cannibals when he travels on his machine. I think this book is quite famous and its suppose to be good so that’s the main reason I picked it. I think there is suppose to be some symbolism, themes, and messages in this book. Though it feels a bit slow now and then. Honestly I don’t think I would wake up for most books unless I was having a hard time falling a sleep, but then I wouldn’t be reading. Higher chance I would be playing some videogames or reading manga. The genre for this book is science fiction and I’m not sure what else. Yea this is typically the genre I would read since I find it interesting.

message 4: by Evan (new)

Evan Derheim | 6 comments The book i'm reading is Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk. I have not read anything else from this author before but I will consider it when choosing my next book because I have enjoyed what I've read so far. I have liked what I have read in my book as of now, and am continuing to maintain intrest in my reading. I wouldn't say i LOVE my book, but I think very highly of it, and the storyline/plot is genius. I am not sure its possible to have a book be so good as to were I would wake up in the middle of the night to read it. My book is fiction. I have read fiction as well as non-fiction and am not paticularly drawn into either type, to me, its more about the individual book.

message 5: by Erin (new)

I am reading the book "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot. I've never read anything by this author because this is her first book! For a first book, I think it's great. In fact, if I could write anything this good, I'd be overjoyed. My book is science non-fiction. I've read lots of non-fiction before, because I love true stories and history, but I've never read a "sciencey" book before. My mom gave me this book and, honestly, I wasn't very excited about it because it was based on something so grounded in science. But, it turns out that I can't get enough of this book. If I weren't being awakened in the middle of the night by my daughter, I would definitely be staying up late to read this book. It has changed my mind about science-related books -- I'm interested after all! I think my next book will further delve into this genre because I feel like I'm actually learning about things I never fully understood before. I love feeling like a book is making me smarter while totally keeping me entertained.

message 6: by Dianna (new)

Dianna Baker | 4 comments THE BOOK THAT I AM READING IS THE RISE AND FALL AND FALL OF A 10TH GRADE SOCIAL CLIMBER BY LAURA MECHLING AND LAURA MOISER. I HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK BEFORE BUT I HEAR ABOUT IT FROM MY SISTER SHE HAD READ IT AND TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD READ IT TO. I LIKE MY BOOK BUT IT IS KIND OF CONFUSING THE SETTING IS GREAT AND YOU CAN GET SUCKED INTO IT PRETTY FAST. IT'S ALMOST REALISTIC TO ANYONE LIFE BECAUSE THE THINGS THAT ARE HAPPENING CAN ACTUALLY HAPPEN. SOME OF THE THINGS ARE SO CRAZY THAT IT WILL HAVE YOU REREADING IT SO THAT YOU MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE READING IT RIGHT. I WOULDN'T SAY THAT IT HAS ME ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT BUT IT IS A JAW DROPPER. I DON'T REALLY KNOW THE GENRE OF THE BOOK BUT IF I HAD TO GUESS I WOULD SAY THAT IT WOULD GO UNDER FICTION DRAMA. I WOULD USUALLY READ MORE OF FICTION, ACTION OR MYSTERY BOOK ONLY BECAUSE THEY SEEM MORE INTERESTING AND I LIKE TO GUESS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN AND THEN FINDING OUT WHAT REALLY HAPPENS SO THAT I CAN SEE I IF WAS RIGHT BUT I AM OPENED TO ANY KIND OF BOOK IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER I LIKE TO READ BOOKS THAT ARE INTERESTING TO ME AND A LOT CAN INTEREST ME SO I DO NOT REALLY HAVE A SPECIFIC TYPE.

message 7: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Ryan | 6 comments I am currently reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by J.K. Rowling's. I have read six other books by this author, those six books being the previous Harry Potter books. I'm really loving my book so far. Having read the other Harry Potter books I feel a connection to the characters and I honestly can't put it down. I would definitely say it's a page turner! I finished chapter twenty four today which is where I intend on stopping for now. The reason I want to stop here is because I watch the movies before I read the books. I know it's backwards, but I want the movie to be totally new and surprising. So I will finish the book after the final movie comes out. I would wake up in the middle of the night to read this (or any of the other six books) for sure. The genre of this book is fantasy. I do enjoy this genre a lot. It's really interesting and fun to read. I guess I'm just really fascinated my magic and such. I honestly don't have a specific favorite genre, except that I prefer fiction. Fiction's just a lot more interesting and I feel like even though it's mostly made up I can relate to it more.

message 8: by Tyler (new)

Tyler W. | 6 comments The book I am reading is "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien. I have not read a book by this author before but I had heard of him. So far I am liking my book. It's very descriptive. If the book introduces a new character it will describe every thing about the person and I mean EVERYTHING. I definitely want to read the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy after I'm done with my book. I would say that the genre of my book is fantasy because of the wizards, dragons, dwraves, hobbits, and elves. I don't really have a book genre that I stick to. I read whatever i feel like reading although this genre is pretty new for me. If i had to choose, I would choose fiction. Non-fiction is boring.

message 9: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel (nmcguiga) | 6 comments The book that I am reading is titled A Quantum Murder by Peter F. Hamilton. Before I started reading this book have not read any of Hamilton's books nor have I actually heard of him. But since this is my first time reading one of his books I would say that Peter F. Hamilton is a pretty good author.59 The genre of my book is mystery and it is fictional as well.I do not really have a book genre that I typically stick to. But out of all of the genres I read in the past mystery is one of the genres I typically enjoy the most.108

When I started reading A Quantum Murder by Peter F. Hamilton this week. I thought that this book would be pretty interesting. Now that it is Saturday I still believe this book is pretty interesting. So far it has a really good story plot. In addition I really enjoy how the author introduces you to the characters and even give historical background of the different factions within the book.177

While reading A Quantum Murder by Peter F. Hamilton I have made close observations of my reading stamina as the course of the week passed by. Like the rest of the books that I read in the past I have started off reading at a slow pace. So far I am reading at that considerable pace. But I believe that as time goes on I will begin to read faster. Even though I have not reach that pace yet I am still enjoying my book which I believe is quite interesting.

message 10: by Gabe (new)

Gabe Connor The book I just read was "Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modern Bestiary" by David Sedaris. I have read several books by the author, such as "When You Are Engulfed in Flames" and "Naked." Sedaris is an incredibly funny and witty writer; one of the best ones out there. I like this book, but not at the same level I like his others. It is very simplistic and short, with his stories being on average under ten tiny pages and with basic parable like plots. However, these two factors comprise of the point of the book. It contains twisted, weirded out and Sedaris versions of folktales that revolve around animals (all through their perspectives). The material is just as funny as his other work, even if it isn't as nuanced or deep. The book isn't a sustainable free choice book: I finished it within two days and it is coffee-table content, not really coherent or substantial enough to count in the same vein of writing that I normally read in the novel and short story collection form. The genre would technically be fiction, however that is vague in describing the book. I read a lot of fiction, but not usually this specific kind. I guess it would be satire or parody, because it mocks the traditional and over-simplistic storytelling voice that most folktales are written with. Sedaris can definitely sneak up on you and mangle these stories with his sick and unexpected sense of humor. It's knock out funny, but not necessarily your classic tale of good morality. If you're looking for short stories that have ethical sanity in the end, I'd read something else. But then I get the impression you're a boring person.

message 11: by Amber (last edited Jan 23, 2011 01:17AM) (new)

Amber Cato | 5 comments I'm currently reading a Bluford Seris book called Matter of Trust . The author is Paul Logan I love all the Bluford Seris titles alot all the novels keep me well interested. I'm really enjoying the book so far, my book is fiction. Also the best part of the book right now is the main character Darcy , she reminds me so much of myself ! She is well independent and takes care of her loving grandma and gets great grades. But theres one thing that not perfect her boyfriend Hakeem is acting like a real jerk ! I'm predicting they are going to make up , hopefully . I have read fiction as well as non-fiction , but usally I'm drwan to both !

message 12: by Genesis (new)

Genesis Valle | 6 comments I just finished reading "Elsewhere" by Gabrielle Zevin. It was the first book that I had read by this author. I absolutely loved my book! I went to bed really late at times just so I could finish a chapter or two, or five. The main character, Liz, suffered a hit and run accident. It took her a while to realize that she had died and also come to the realization that she would be aging backward. Liz hated that she would never see her family or friends again or that she would never turn sixteen. Later on, she came to fall in love with her death. The idea of dying and going to a place that brings you warmth, family, friends, comedy and even love, is fantastic. The genre is fiction. I don't specifically prefer neither fiction nor non-fiction so I tend to read both. Although, I love books that are exciting and serious, yet goofy. I feel non-fiction books can't necessarily give you that experience.

message 13: by Miguel (new)

Miguel (mperez3) | 6 comments The book that I am currently reading is titled "Our America" By LeAlan Jones and Lloyd Newman. This is the first book that I have read by these two authors. So far I am really enjoying this book because first of all it's a true story. Its really interesting how we get to read about different people's perspective. We learn a few things about LeAlan and Lloyd who have been friends since they were in first grade. There is more that I can talk about but I wouldn't want to spoil it for others. I will continue to read this book and learn more on how life was for LeAlan and Lloyd. My book is a true story so its non-fiction. I rather read non-fiction because you learn and at times can realate to peoples lifes. To me fiction books don't interest me alot and get me bored when I'm halfway through the book. In the future it can be something that I can try to change.

message 14: by Tyler (new)

Tyler F. | 4 comments The book that I am reading is called "The Replacement" by Brenna Yovanoff. I have never read anything by this other before but so far the book is pretty good. It is about a boy named Mackie who is not human but from another world and how is he used as a replacement for another boy who was human and it is also about how he stuggles not being from this world. It is extrememly hard for him because he is allergic to blood, iron, and consecrated ground. So far this book is pretty interesting all together although I havn't really read a lot of it and i dont really feel that i would get up in the middle of the night to read it. Obviously this is fiction and i typically only read fiction book because non-fiction doesn't typically capture my attention at all. i pefer to read books where i can allow my imagination to think of anything and i can see it like it is playing like a movie. i feel with non-fiction books it is harder to do that but I'm not really sure why. i have read a few non-fiction books before such as "Jay's Journal" and "Go Ask Alice" but those are the only ones that i have ever really enjoyed. Also the way i find my books is really odd because I go into a book store and just pick up something that looks interesting and if I believe that I will like it I buy it but I typically never end up with the same author unless it is part of a series that has been the only time i have ever ended up with the same author.

message 15: by Sheden (new)

Sheden | 6 comments The book that I am reading is called "Running Out of Time" and the author of this book is Margaret Peterson Haddix. I do not think that I have read a book that was made by her. I find this book to be interesting. It makes me want to think what is going to happen next in the story. I like how in the beginning of the story, i was already starting wondering what was going to happen to this town, was the people here all going to die. Its about this girl named Jessie who lives in a town called Clifton and her mother who is like a doctor tells her to go on a dangerous task because the people here have been struck with a disease. I like this book but i don't love it. I don't think I would wake up in the middle of the night to read, I would wait into tomorrow to read. The genre of this book is fiction. I tend to read fiction books, interesting and I like the plots the authors write.

message 16: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan | 5 comments The book that i'm reading is called " A Streetcar Named Desire" ny Tennessee Williams. I personally have never heard of this author but my mom has so she recomended this author and book to me. Right now i'm finding my book a little dull and boring but I know if I just keep on reading it'll soon become interesting. I'm actually not sure what genre the book is because I haven't been able to focus to much into the book. As for the types of genres I read, it is mostly non-fiction mystery.

message 17: by Thegreenhornet (new)

Thegreenhornet | 5 comments Erin wrote: "Hey Everybody! Welcome to our discussion group! I'm glad you found your way here and am excited to read your thoughts. Make sure you follow our groups' rules, posting about 250 words and always ..."

The book i have chosen to read is called "Jacinto's Remnant" by Karen Traviss (yes, two S's) i have never read this author before but based on this book i would recommend other books by her,the book is kept interesting and rather suspenseful via continuous flashback of characters and events leading up to the book.as for getting up in the middle of the night and reading, this book really is a great read for bus and train rides due to the fact that it can pull you out of the boredom of a situation. the book really appeals to a culture that has had to deal with a lot of hardship, and also a culture that was once grand and powerful, to know just scavenging for scraps.As well as discussing the fact that we destroy one enemy, a new one arrives, worse than the one before. the genre is without a doubt, science fiction. and as for the genres i enjoy the most, would be science fiction.

message 18: by Selena (new)

Selena Martinez | 6 comments The book i am reading right now is called "Locomotion" by Jacqueline Woodson. I never read other books by this author but i think that i should read more books that this author has written because this is such a great book and i bet the other books are great as well . Once i started reading this book it just captivated me. The way the book is written makes this book much more interesting. Each chapter is written in poems which i love to read and also the chapters are very short and easy to understand. I would recommend this book to people that like very short story's and that have sort of a hard time reading books. Also people can easily relate to this book because the author gives different story's of people that are going through a rough time in school and generally in life. The genre i love to read the most is fiction, which "Locomotion" is fiction and maybe that is why i love this book so much. So yeah right now i'm really loving this book and and i really don't want this book to end.

message 19: by Connor (new)

Connor Mungia | 1 comments I am currently reading "The Hobbit", by J.R.R. Tolkien. I have never read any of his other books, but I have watch "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy and I really enjoyed those movies. I want to see how the book compares to the movies. I have gotten some good reviews from people about this book, including one from my brother. I am still in the beginning of my book, so it is hard to tell if it is going to be good or not. It seems pretty interesting, and I am exciting to found out what happens during the book. I enjoy the style of writing the author uses. It is pretty easy language and easy to follow. Obiously, this book is a fantasy novel. I have read fantasies in the past and have enjoyed them. I find them easy to read and exciting to follow. I am really excited to read this book.

message 20: by Alex (new)

Alex | 6 comments The book that I am currently reading is called "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger. I have heard of the book on numerous occasions and after all the recommendations I finally got a chance to start reading it. So far, the book was been great. It has a solid plot, interesting characters, and vivid imagery that paints a sensational portrait in your head. This book is a novel, of which I have read in the past. But, unlike the other novels, this one has kept me concentrated and interested in every page.

message 21: by Laura (last edited Jan 24, 2011 10:10PM) (new)

Laura Watson | 6 comments the book that i am reading is called some one like you. by sarah dessen. i dont believe i have read another book that she has writtn. but i do like her book a lot. i am really injoying my book that i am reading now..its very interesting. nope sorry i dont think ill ever wake up from sleeping to read a book. only to get a glass of water maybe. genre? yea sorry i dont know what that is. but yes i like the book im reading and i like this type of book when i read i guess. it can be interesting. but thats all for now. thanks byee :) (oh yea ps: this was not easy to find 4 me!) can i use paper and not the comp? ok byeee again

message 22: by Luca (new)

Luca | 6 comments The book I'm reading is "Apathy and other small victories" by Paul Neilan. This is the only book I've read from this author and this is the first I've heard of him. So far the book has been pretty funny, about once or twice I've found my self laughing out loud. So far I'm enjoying it but I'm not willing to get up in the middle of the night to read it because I would just be to tired. I'm not sure what genre it is, I usually don't pay attention to that when I read a book. If I find a book I like it doesn't matter what genre it is.

message 23: by Helen (new)

Helen | 6 comments the book that i'm reading is called mediator by meg cabot. this is the first book i hav read by this author. the book itself has been very interesting.i like the book so much that i find my self reading it late into the night and wen all the lights are out im still on my bed trying to read and figure out whats gonna happen next.im not surewhat the genre of the book is but i enjoy it very much and would read other books by this author.

message 24: by Erin (new)

Stella wrote: "I am reading One the Road and the author is Jack Kerouac. I have not read any of his books before, but now I do. I just knew On the Road was supposed to be great so I chose that, but now I want to ..."

Stella, I think it's so cool that you're reading this. I read it in high school, too, and it was a really pivotal book for me. Enjoy, enjoy! 10/10

message 25: by Erin (new)

David wrote: "The book I am currently reading is The Time Machine and the author is Herbert George Wells. To my knowledge I don't think I read any of his work before. I like the book it has some interesting idea..."

David, this is indeed a famous book and one that I haven't read. I'm sure that there is lots of symbolism, as most science fiction uses this device. Have fun figuring it out. 10/10

message 26: by Erin (new)

Evan wrote: "The book i'm reading is Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk. I have not read anything else from this author before but I will consider it when choosing my next book because I have enjoyed what I've read..."

Evan, I hope in later posts you can expand on what you love about the way the plot is developed in this book. His style of writing is very unique. Glad you like this book. 10/10

message 27: by Erin (new)

Dianna wrote: "THE BOOK THAT I AM READING IS THE RISE AND FALL AND FALL OF A 10TH GRADE SOCIAL CLIMBER BY LAURA MECHLING AND LAURA MOISER. I HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK BEFORE BUT I HEAR ABOUT IT FROM MY SISTER SHE H..."

Dianna, I've heard good things about this book, too. If you like mysteries there are more books that I can recommend when you're done with this one. Be sure to proofread carefully! 9/10

message 28: by Erin (new)

Zoe wrote: "I am currently reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by J.K. Rowling's. I have read six other books by this author, those six books being the previous Harry Potter books. I'm really loving m..."

Zoe, I think your reasoning for waiting to read the books makes sense. Also, I think most good fiction should remind us of something in real life, even in fantasy. Enjoy! 10/10

message 29: by Erin (new)

Tyler wrote: "The book I am reading is "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien. I have not read a book by this author before but I had heard of him. So far I am liking my book. It's very descriptive. If the book introduc..."

Tyler, I have the trilogy if you want to borrow it when you're done. It sounds like you enjoy fantasy, generally. "The Hobbit" is a classic; enjoy! 10/10

message 30: by Erin (last edited Jan 25, 2011 10:12PM) (new)

Gabe wrote: "The book I just read was "Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modern Bestiary" by David Sedaris. I have read several books by the author, such as "When You Are Engulfed in Flames" and "Naked." Sedaris is an..."

Gabe, you're not calling me boring, are you? I think that's a typo, but still funny. Sedaris is absolutely satire, with his own life as fuel. I'm eager to hear about other books you're writing. You should post some reviews on this site! 10/10

message 31: by Erin (new)

Nathaniel wrote: "The book that I am reading is titled A Quantum Murder by Peter F. Hamilton. Before I started reading this book have not read any of Hamilton's books nor have I actually heard of him. But since th..."

Nathaniel, I'm glad you know what you like. Have you read Tom Clancy novels? I was just reading another student's post about loving his books. You might check them out! 10/10

message 32: by Erin (last edited Jan 26, 2011 04:48PM) (new)

Amber wrote: "I'm currently reading a Bluford Seris book called Matter of Trust . The author is Paul Logan I love all the Bluford Seris titles alot all the novels keep me well interested. I'm really enjoying the..."

Amber, will you continue to read this series? Do the characters stay the same? I'm glad to hear you like non-fiction. I can always recommend something for your next book. 10/10

message 33: by Erin (new)

Genesis wrote: "I just finished reading "Elsewhere" by Gabrielle Zevin. It was the first book that I had read by this author. I absolutely loved my book! I went to bed really late at times just so I could finish a..."

Genesis, I think it's true that most non-fiction is missing the goofy factor. But, maybe a biography of someone who fits those characteristics might draw you in. Or a memoir of someone's life? Could be worth a try. 10/10

message 34: by Erin (new)

Miguel wrote: "The book that I am currently reading is titled "Our America" By LeAlan Jones and Lloyd Newman. This is the first book that I have read by these two authors. So far I am really enjoying this book be..."

Miguel, I love the reasons you enjoy non-fiction: to learn and to try to change things. This is so amiable! I have lots more to recommend. Talk to Eva V. about your book -- I think she should read it next. 10/10

message 35: by Erin (new)

Tyler wrote: "The book that I am reading is called "The Replacement" by Brenna Yovanoff. I have never read anything by this other before but so far the book is pretty good. It is about a boy named Mackie who is ..."

Tyler, I think it's great to follow your gut when picking a book. Just by reading the back, feeling a cover and sometimes reading the first line, you can tell a lot. It's great that you know what you like! Be sure to proofread here (e.g. "I" not "i") 9/10

message 36: by Erin (new)

Sheden wrote: "The book that I am reading is called "Running Out of Time" and the author of this book is Margaret Peterson Haddix. I do not think that I have read a book that was made by her. I find this book to ..."

Sheden, I"m glad you are encouraged to keep reading by the events in your book. I don't know anything about this author -- I'd like to look at your book to learn more. Be sure to proofread (9/10)

message 37: by Erin (new)

Jonathan wrote: "The book that i'm reading is called " A Streetcar Named Desire" ny Tennessee Williams. I personally have never heard of this author but my mom has so she recomended this author and book to me. Righ..."

Jonathan, "A Streetcar Named Desire" is a play. Did you want to read a play? If so, I can recommend something a little more contemporary. Find a book soon! (9/10)

message 38: by Erin (new)

Thegreenhornet wrote: "Erin wrote: "Hey Everybody! Welcome to our discussion group! I'm glad you found your way here and am excited to read your thoughts. Make sure you follow our groups' rules, posting about 250 word..."

Oliver, your book sounds fascinating, almost dystopian (as a lot of science fiction is). I'd be interested in hearing about her other books so perhaps I can recommend this author to other students Proofread carefully for fragments. (9/10)

message 39: by Erin (new)

Selena wrote: "The book i am reading right now is called "Locomotion" by Jacqueline Woodson. I never read other books by this author but i think that i should read more books that this author has written because ..."

Yay! Selena, I'm so glad you like this book. Jacqueline Woodson has written lots of other books, so you can definitely have some choice there. I loved, "If You Come Softly" -- it's like a modern day Romeo & Juliet. (9/10 -- proofread)

message 40: by Erin (new)

Connor wrote: "I am currently reading "The Hobbit", by J.R.R. Tolkien. I have never read any of his other books, but I have watch "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy and I really enjoyed those movies. I want to see h..."

Connor, do you think you might read the trilogy and then compare the books to the movie? I have seen the movies countless times, but never read the books. Enjoy! (10/10)

message 41: by Erin (new)

Alex wrote: "The book that I am currently reading is called "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger. I have heard of the book on numerous occasions and after all the recommendations I finally got a chance to ..."

Alex, this is a classic tale of an iconoclastic kid trying to make sense of the world. There's a lot of symbolism in the book and, as you've noted, tons of imagery. Your post makes me want to read this again! (10/10)

message 42: by Erin (new)

Laura wrote: "the book that i am reading is called some one like you. by sarah dessen. i dont believe i have read another book that she has writtn. but i do like her book a lot. i am really injoying my book that..."

Laura, sorry this was hard to find. We can definitely do paper next time, but I'd love you to try again and see if it's easier. Be sure that you proofread carefully. (9/10)

message 43: by Erin (new)

Luca wrote: "The book I'm reading is "Apathy and other small victories" by Paul Neilan. This is the only book I've read from this author and this is the first I've heard of him. So far the book has been pretty ..."

Luca, I'm glad you don't limit yourself to a certain genre. I'll be interested to hear more about this book as I've never heard of the author either. (10/10)

message 44: by Erin (new)

Luca wrote: "The book I'm reading is "Apathy and other small victories" by Paul Neilan. This is the only book I've read from this author and this is the first I've heard of him. So far the book has been pretty ..."

Helen, I've heard good things about this author. I love that you're so encouraged to read! That is exciting. Proofread carefully here. (9/10)