Moning Maniacs discussion

FEVER : General discussions > Shadowfever: Discussing the ending

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

valee | 1037 comments Mod
How did you feel about the ending?? Was it all you hoped it would be? Where there any questions unanswered?

What did you like the most about it and the least?

message 2: by Gaynell (new)

Gaynell (gaynellk) | 42 comments I still need a name for Barrons' beast. I haven't progressed as far as Mac!

message 3: by Keri (new)

Keri Emberley | 1 comments We still don't know who the little boy was in those journal entries right??

message 4: by Leona (last edited Jan 20, 2011 11:05AM) (new)

Leona | 4 comments Loved it. Loved Mac coming to better terms with the ambiguities of life and accepting that even if she was in some part the Unseelie King (which she is through her connection to the book)it's okay and her choices define her life, not the circumstances of her birth. Really liked her conversations with the Unseelie King. I don't think it was made clear who her bio-dad was so that may be a surprise for later books. Loved her and Barrons coming together, that they get to stay at BB&B and that she got to keep her parents with her in Dublin.

The twists were really good too. I'm sad about V'lane being "evil," but the way I see it Cruce was never really V'lane so it doesn't bother me as much. Would have liked to get more dialogue and interaction with Queen Aoibheal/the Concubine. I thought the Concubine being the Seelie Queen was awesome.

I agree about wanting to know more about the background on Barron's and his eight, but I think that's something to look forward to in upcoming books. Also looking forward to finding out more about Dani and Christian and the Hunters

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 151 comments So if this is the final book (for the Fever series) then why doesn't it feel like it. I don't know about other readers but I got the feeling that we were still left without all the answers. I thought Shadowfever would wrap up and give us some satisfaction. Don't get me wrong I liked the book but I don't feel like it was the end. Maybe Mac and Barrons will have a strong role in her spinoff series *shrug*

message 6: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

valee | 1037 comments Mod
I really hope so, I will never have enough of them, ever!

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments I did read that Mac and Barrons will show up in the other books. So far there will be three about Dani, Christian and Ryoden.

Overall I loved the book but it did annoy me how Mac didn't express her feelings to Barrons right away after she found out he was alive. It was like they went back to their old ways! I keep wondering what Barrons was before he was cursed? Was he ever human? Who was the childs mother? Also, why was Christian turning unseelie? Was it because Mac fed him unseelie and because he is a druid?

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 151 comments Yeah, the Mac and Barrons back and forth stuff really annoyed me. We do get a HEA but not one that blew me away like I was hoping. I figured after all the crap we've been put through that we deserve much more when it comes to those two.

message 9: by Lisa O. (new)

Lisa O. | 26 comments I think overall I was really happy with the ending. Yes, there are still a few loose ends, but the important things were wrapped up and I don't feel like I have to have answers to anything else to be satisfied with this series. I do hope she gives us more answers and I think she will, at least in regards to Dani and Christian. But I think the ending for Mac and Barrons fit with their personalities. If they were too mushy it wouldn't have fit, in their own ways they told each other that they love each other and they'll always be together. And I'm happy if they're happy!

message 10: by RoseMari (new)

RoseMari | 7 comments I was satisfied with the ending...well, until we get more information about the next series. Normally I'd have a problem accepting that the male lead never actually said "I love you" to the heroine. But I honestly believe it would have been very strange to hear Barrons says those words. I would have liked a little more information about Barrons' beast and comp. Overall, Shadowfever is what I've been waiting for. Epic and loved it!

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather Book Savvy Babe (booksavvybabe) I am ok with the ending. I agree with another person that Mac and Barron's could have been too mushy if things were different….I think that this book kinda closed a chapter on mac and barrons, and the spin off series will continue the world and continue to answer questions, so, now I can't wait for the spin off

message 12: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Meredith Barrons wrote: "I keep wondering what Barrons was before he was cursed? Was he ever human? Who was the childs mother?"

I think he, his men and his son were human. The child's mother would more than likely have been Barron's wife, but she would have died. I'm curious as to why Barrons and his men were cursed and if it was geared specifically towards them, or was it wrong place wrong time?

message 13: by Dinjolina (new)

Dinjolina I would like to know what they even did.
XXX men and a boy in a desert? Why?
Killed,how?

message 14: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 47 comments I loved the book but.... I felt confused by the ending it seemed like there were two differnt things Did the book put it self in Mac? Or was it placed there by the king - because he seemed to call her his child.

So when are these other books coming out? I feel like we will get more answers about Barrons when we have Ryoden;s book.

message 15: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 352 comments Mod
I heard that they won't be out right away. what about anyone else, heard anything?

message 16: by Dinjolina (new)

Dinjolina With my (our) luck it will be out in the next 5 years and I will forget my own name by then.

message 17: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Gwen wrote: "I loved the book but.... I felt confused by the ending it seemed like there were two differnt things Did the book put it self in Mac? Or was it placed there by the king - because he seemed to call..."

The book imprinted on her as a fetus in Isla, but it was still a child of the UK.

Mariya, I am sure they won't be out for awhile. KMM takes a while to write (which shows in her product!) and from my understanding her health is not good and it limited her participatino at the NOLA Shadowfever book opening (according to posts I read). I would guess 2012 .....

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm happy with how it ended (though I had a hard time imagining Barrons bbqing - too domestic). Even though it took awhile for Barrons and Mac to finally hook up, I don't think the book would have been as good with out the sexual tension between them. We needed to see them fight it out. I'm glad most all questions were answered and look forward to her spin offs. There's definitely enough characters in the Fever world.

message 19: by Denise Nanna (new)

Denise Nanna | 9 comments I was pretty happy with the ending although I also thought Barrons barbequeing seemed a bit odd. I am very curious about their future and what happens when Mac ages and he does not. That seems like a pretty big deal to me. Strange to not have found out about what really caused Barrons and the other guys to have this affliction (of not being able to die).

message 20: by Gaynell (new)

Gaynell (gaynellk) | 42 comments I don't think Mac will age either. Remember V'Lane/Cruce gave her the elixir of life. That is why she healed when Barrons' son tore her throat out.

message 21: by Amanda (last edited Jan 24, 2011 07:12PM) (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) I don't have my copy on me, I borrowed it out but if I remember right the book does say that Mac won't really age or die unless she is killed by the spear or the sword, which Barrons said he was going to destroy ; )

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 151 comments Regina wrote: "Gwen wrote: "I loved the book but.... I felt confused by the ending it seemed like there were two differnt things Did the book put it self in Mac? Or was it placed there by the king - because he s..."

Okay, someone remind me. I understand the book imprinting on Mac while she was still in the womb but how is she the UK's child?

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) Because the UK created the book

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 151 comments D'uh. LOL. That makes sense. This book has fried my brain.

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) : ) I feel ya. There are so many things I have questions on, but I borrowed the book to my mother so I'll have to wait until I can read it again.
what I was confused on was the whole 'the concubine IS the seelie queen' bit. Sooooooo...were they ever two different people?? I thought the UK killed the queen, or did Cruce do it? Argh. I think I am confused. Anyone.....help??

message 26: by Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (last edited Jan 24, 2011 07:50PM) (new)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 151 comments That is confusing. I remember reading that a human could become fae by spending too much time in the lands of faery. But, not sure how she took over as the seelie queen.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 151 comments And will we ever get an answer to who the dead woman was that Barrons brought through the Silvers?

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) They never said who it was, just that it was food for his son.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 151 comments Amanda wrote: "They never said who it was, just that it was food for his son."

I thought that also but then someone pointed out that he brought the woman through the Silver in his study and he wouldn't need to do that to feed his son. He could go straight to his underground lair through the other Silvers.

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) hmmmm.....well.....good grief......

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 151 comments I know, right! So many possibilities....

message 32: by Keri (new)

Keri Amanda wrote: what I was confused on was the whole 'the concubine IS the seelie queen' bit. Sooooooo...were they ever two different people?? I thought the UK killed the queen, or did Cruce do it? Argh. I think I am confused. Anyone.....help??..."

The way I understand it is that the UK killed the queen who refused to allow the concubine to become fae, this was after he believed that the concubine killed herself (Cruce used the amulets to fool the UK into believeing that is what he saw). The UK then disappeared and nobody knew for sure where he was. There were, I guess, other queens after that. But the concubine didn't really kill herself - Cruce took her and had her drink the stuff that would make her forget everything. He then kept her in Fairy as his "girlfriend" for lack of a better term. After being in Fairy for so long she became Fae. As to how she became queen I'm not too sure, I figured that over time she just grew to be powerful and when the current queen died (don't know how that happened) then the magic chose her to be the next queen. That's how I explained it to myself anyway.

message 33: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) | 136 comments Jessa ♥Dhanger♥ wrote: "Amanda wrote: "They never said who it was, just that it was food for his son."

I thought that also but then someone pointed out that he brought the woman through the Silver in his study and he wouldn't need to do that to feed his son. He could go straight to his underground lair through the other Silvers."

He uses the silver in his study to get to his underground home. Remember Mac says he stacked mirrors that leads under the garage.

message 34: by Gaynell (new)

Gaynell (gaynellk) | 42 comments The more I think about it, the more this bothers me. I know Barrons isn't good, but to sacrifice someone's life for his son to eat. Why not bring his son an animal of some kind. Barrons ate animals when he was the beast. This is the only part of the story that really, really bothers me to the point that I wish that KMM had had some other explanation for the dead woman that Barrons carried through the silvers.

message 35: by Denise Nanna (new)

Denise Nanna | 9 comments Cruce made himself look like V'lane. Couldnt he have made the concubine look like the queen the same way?

message 36: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) | 136 comments Yeah, that is kind of disturbing. Hopefully there will be a better explanation in the next series. If Ryodan is in the next series, she's going to have to explain the beasts, right?

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 151 comments Theresa wrote: "He uses the silver in his study to get to his underground home. Remember Mac says he stacked mirrors that leads under the garage"

You're right about the mirror's being stacked....but, IIRC, Barrons was bringing the dead women out of the Silvers into the study not the other way around. If he was going to the underground lair then he would be going INTO the Silvers not bringing the women out of them. Am I confusing you yet? LOL

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 151 comments Very good explanation, Keri. Your post make sense to me...I'll go with it!

message 39: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) Here's my thought, his son drinks her blood, not eats her flesh, so Barrons would have to dispose of the body from his basement, which would mean taking it back out of the silvers. She would already be dead because his son drank her and he was bringing her back out.

message 40: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) | 136 comments Jessa ♥Dhanger♥ wrote: You're right about the mirror's being stacked....but, IIRC, Barrons was bringing the dead women out of the Silvers into the study not the other way around. If he was going to the underground lair then he would be going INTO the Silvers not bringing the women out of them. Am I confusing you yet? LOL ."

I'm assuming, since we don't have all the facts about how the beasts live, that Barrons was carrying the "dead" woman out of the silver in the study, because his son was done with her. It's possible she was alive when he brought her INTO the silver. Who knows, but the silver in his study is Barron's access to his underground home. Based on what we know about Barrons, I would think he would rig it so that his underground home could not be accessed through any other silvers except the one in his study. Otherwise, he'd be vulnerable to the Fae or any other enemies.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 151 comments Okay, thanks for the explanations Amanda and Theresa. It makes more sense now.

message 42: by Keri (new)

Keri Barrons also stated that once he brought a woman to his home for sex and then killed her. Maybe that was the one time because I wonder if the son would have control enough to just drink blood without ripping someone apart. When he attacked Mac he went for the throat and tore her apart. BUT maybe with Barrons assistance his son would have better control and just drink. One of those "we may never know" things.

message 43: by EvaS (new)

EvaS (evikes) | 6 comments I just finished SF, and I am happy with the ending but there were too many "we may never know"s, most of which have been mentioned in the above posts. The final book in a series should wrap things up - at least the things within that series - but this one left more unanswered than not. That is a huge pet peeve of mine.... don't make a book a prequel to the next one unless you resolve all the things that the readers are baffled about. It just doesn’t feel like the end, and to some degree it should..

message 44: by Juana "Darkness" (new)

Juana "Darkness" Duran Haven't read it yet.

message 45: by Judy (new)

Judy | 4 comments Jessa ♥Dhanger♥ wrote: "And will we ever get an answer to who the dead woman was that Barrons brought through the Silvers?"

KMM said on her website that the dead woman he was carrying through the Silvers was the woman he made love to and killed. She was a snack for his son.

message 46: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Mar 04, 2011 11:43PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 73 comments I thought the woman he made love to and killed was long before he met Mac? I must have read it wrong, but I thought the woman that Mac saw him bring through the Silver was just one of the random snacks for his kid.

message 47: by Judy (new)

Judy | 4 comments Stacia - Registered Cake Offender wrote: "I thought the woman he made love to and killed was long before he met Mac? I must have read it wrong, but I thought the woman that Mac saw him bring through the Silver was just one of the random s..."

Kmm said in her chat that it did happen a long time ago.

message 48: by ☻Nikki☻ (new)

☻Nikki☻ C (nikkic1998) If it happened a long time ago then how did Mac see him bring her body through the silvers???

message 49: by Gaynell (new)

Gaynell (gaynellk) | 42 comments The woman that Mac saw him bring through the silvers wasn't the one he had sex with. Supposedly she was taken there for his son. I really have a problem with this (it is the only thing that Barrons did in the book that I couldn't excuse). Why could he not have taken animals to his son. Barrons ate animals when he was in his beast state!

message 50: by Judy (new)

Judy | 4 comments Gaynell wrote: "The woman that Mac saw him bring through the silvers wasn't the one he had sex with. Supposedly she was taken there for his son. I really have a problem with this (it is the only thing that Barrons..."

I went back and reread KMM's blog. I totally read it wrong the first time. She said the dead woman was for his son. The woman he made love to and killed was a long time ago. You were right.

« previous 1