Books I Loathed discussion

BREAKING DAWN SUCKED ASS

Comments Showing 1-50 of 187 (187 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Brighde (last edited Aug 06, 2008 12:47AM) (new)

Brighde | 1 comments publicity@littlebrown.com

Complain to this email about the horrific destruction of the Twilight Series.

It only takes a few People to get the ball rolling. :)

message 2: by Maria (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:15AM) (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 72 comments What are you hoping to achieve by e-mailing Little Brown? Not to publish any more of Meyer's books? Not to publish other editions of Breaking Dawn? Something else entirely? E-mails of "Breaking Dawn SUCKED" are likely to have no effect at all, unless you come up with some sort of reaction you'd like the publishing firm to take.

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Yeah, I agree with Kiwiria. I mean, come on! People've already read the books, what, do you think they're going to recall all the books? and then Stephenie Meyer'll just write another one just to satisfy a couple people out there? I don't think so...

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori Anderson (lorianderson) Oh no. And it's such a thick book, waiting to be read on my night table right now. Sigh.

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 72 comments Lori, don't worry. If you liked the others, you're likely to enjoy this one as well. Personally I loved it! I think Brighde's just on a mission to ruin it for as many people as possible - she was a librarian and edited the description of the book to include spoilers. Fortunately it was caught quite fast before too many people saw it.

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Hey, Lori, don't worry.
I'm reading BD right now, and it's great. I'm like, 500 pages into the book. There's a few parts, I didn't like, but it definitely eased my hate for Jacob. :)

message 7: by Allison (new)

Allison I enjoyed the book a lot too! I was really sad when I saw all the negative reviews of it on here. Though the series as a whole wasn't as impeccably plotted as Harry Potter, Twilight was still thrilling, romantic, and cool. I had a blast reading the BD and couldn't have been happier with how it ended.

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori Anderson (lorianderson) Included spoilers in the description? Very not cool.

message 9: by Maria (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 72 comments Very much against librarian rules as well.

message 10: by Meghan (new)

Meghan I thought the book was just an exercise in fan fic. If you like that kind of thing, great, but it was unnecessary for the completion of the series.

message 11: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 1 comments Honestly, I've only gotten to the 4th chapter (and am refraining from reading it any further until I finish The Host, the book I'm currently reading) and it seems pretty good so far...but that's not saying much. But when my BIG MOUTHED FRIEND started spilling spoilers, I was about to strangle her...but I got over it. Hopefully she didn't spill ALL the secrets!!! :D

message 12: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie | 1 comments I think ur stupid 4 hating Breaking Dawn i mean come on person! Get A life because from what it looks like u dont have one! I Loved Breaking Dawn and i dont care wat u think bout it! OMG!!! U R SO SO SO MEAN!

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate (katiebobus) | 136 comments Mod
LOL... Mackenzie, I appreciate your passion but let's try to avoid the personal attacks.

message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori Anderson (lorianderson) I started The Host last night and am not sure I"m going to like it -- going to give it one more night....

message 15: by Maria (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 72 comments Lori, The Host starts out slowly, but it'll be worth it if you give it a shot. I ended up being unable to put it down, which was a problem as I listened to it as an audiobook rather than actually read it.

message 16: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Yeah, Lori, I agree with Kiwiria. The ending is soooooooooooo good!

message 17: by Lori (new)

Lori Anderson (lorianderson) OK! I'll keep at it! I won't say what's going on now so as not to spoil it for others, but I'm about 100-140 pages in. I have this thing, I can't put a book down even if I can't get into it -- I've only done that three times in my life that I can remember.

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (mayflowrs05) it reminded me of a fanfic. but it is the final book for the series, so i will always have love for it. oh and the ending was very disney.

message 19: by Maria (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 72 comments Nothing wrong with hating them, King. The problem comes when people like/dislike them so passionately they cannot see the validity in thinking otherwise. Mackenzie and Brighde are good examples.

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jpnwt) | 21 comments **Spoilers**
I liked BD...I just felt so cheated. 750 pages leading inexorably to the mother of all battles between the good vampires and the bad vampires - and then they talk it out and go their separate ways. I'm not sure I've ever felt more disappointed about anything ever.

message 21: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 7 comments **SPOILERS**

Good point, Jennifer. I think that's what the let-down for me was too. If the ending is happy, make it HAPPY, rather than a sort of collective 'Whew! Glad we got THAT cleared up!'. The ending just seemed so rushed after the build-up, and also a bit open-ended (just in case she decides to write a 5th, not that I'd complain about that). Overall, I liked Breaking Dawn.

message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori Anderson (lorianderson) Well thank you Kiwiria for telling me to stick with The Host! Wow, liked that one quite a lot!

message 23: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (thisistanyaf) | 5 comments This whole Twilight thing is like some incomprehensible, impossible, and utterly irresistible addiction. I borrowed the first one from a friend, on a suspicious whim to figure out *why* everyone was obsessing. About 100 pages in, and I was hooked. I breezed through the remaining three really quickly (borrowed from a friend). I have to agree, half of "Breaking Dawn" was fantastic, and the second half just was a big disappointing flop for me. I don't regret reading it, though. It tied things up nicely. I just feel like... something more was missing?

message 24: by Jennifer (last edited Sep 11, 2008 07:20PM) (new)

Jennifer (jpnwt) | 21 comments Tanya, I totally agree about Twilight being an "incomprehensible, impossible, and utterly irresistible addiction." When I think objectively about all 4 books, there was an almost total lack of plot, suspense, and action; and the writing's not all that great; and yet I could NOT put them down and neglected my husband and children for 5 days while I read them all. And then I heard about the 12 leaked chapters of Midnight Sun (Twilight from Edward's POV) and I stared at my computer screen for almost 5 straight hours til I had finsihed that too. And I'm jonesing for more...

message 25: by Lori (new)

Lori Anderson (lorianderson) Midnight Sun??? What is this?????

message 26: by Sheri (new)

Sheri | 4 comments Someone leaked an unfinished copy of Midnight Sun, and now Stephanie is not writing it anymore. She has a statement on her website telling about it. You should check it out.

message 27: by Lori (new)

Lori Anderson (lorianderson) Oh that is just horrible for her. I can't imagine how she must have felt!

Abigail (42stitches) | 29 comments I thought about reading them to see what the hype was about, but then I had the plot explained to me and I am no longer curious. There are much better vampire books out there. I'll stick with those, thanks.

message 29: by A.U.C. (new)

A.U.C. (antoniafuc) I won't agree. I will not believe it. I am just begining Eclipse, and I will most certainly not believe it!

message 30: by Camille (last edited Nov 04, 2008 03:07PM) (new)

Camille (cam09) | 1 comments i am not joining this group to join the loathing of the book...its more that i want to loath you....what is so wrong with this book. give me solid answers not that it sucks and thats it. if you cant then you have no reason saying its awful... if you have pissy reason than you suck at life.

message 31: by Maria (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 72 comments Camille, play nice. There's no need for personal attacks.

message 32: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:39AM) (new)

I loved Twilight and New Moon but Eclipse and Breaking Dawn really did suck pretty bad. In Eclipse, the characters were shallow and in Breaking Dawn, it was just a big mess everywhere!! I'm not writing this to be mean, I know how many people love this series but this is my personal opinion on this book and well, I hated it for the most part.

message 33: by Quentin (new)

Quentin Roebuck | 2 comments I would give Twilight a try, but it seems to simple of a book for me, like something an anime obsessed middle school girl would read.
Youall need to give Robinson Crusoe or Treasure Island, or Boreal Moon a try, now thats REAL writing.

message 34: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ okay i liked breaking dawn. sorry. XD i'll go away now.

message 35: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) AWWW THAT BOOK MADE ME PUKE

message 36: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ ... except the birth scene was ... um. wow. O.O

message 37: by Leiko (new)

Leiko Xantara (arrogant_protector) Oh come on! Breaking Dawn sucked and there are people defending it? If you haven't read it; don't. I mean it logiclaly doesn't make sense.

message 38: by Maria (new)

Maria Elmvang (kiwiria) | 72 comments Yes Lye, there are people defending Breaking Dawn, because not everybody thought it sucked. Personally I loved it. It's not great literature, but it's good fun :)

message 39: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ THANK you. everyone's entitled to their own opinion, for crying out loud! i would like to be able to say I like Breaking Dawn without everyone yelling at me. jeeeez

message 40: by Erica (new)

Erica (emanney) I absolutely agree with the idea that it felt more like fanfic. It felt like a strange departure and it took the characters in places that I just don't feel like we needed to see. And it lost some of the original charm.

message 41: by Jodie (last edited Nov 13, 2008 05:16PM) (new)

Jodie (jodiemill) ****SPOILER****

Tanya, I agree with you on this post. I LOVED the first 3 books, fell in love with Jacob, and flew through them all. I'd say about the last 1/4 of Breaking Dawn could have been left out & it still would have been an EXCELLENT series. I am still trudging through it and I will complete it, it's just taking me a LONG time. I knew Jacob was going to imprint on Renesmee!!! As soon as he came down those stairs I started thinking...he's going to imprint, he's going to imprint & then, he does! I was like I KNEW IT!!! LOL...

message 42: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) I was obsessed w/ Twilight 4 like 3 months, and then i started reading ACTUAL books, and i realized how completely crappy the whole thing is. Bella is an annoying, melodramatic whiny little ****.
Edward is an overprotective homicidal statue/stalker. My 8 year old sister could have come up with a better plot fro Breaking Dawn. Just thinking about it gives me a headache!!

ugh i cant understand how someone would lake it in the least.

message 43: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Well that's YOUR opinion. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean that nobody else can!!!

message 44: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) I know i know, i didnt say that nobody else CAN. i was just saying how i cant imagine that they WOULD.

:P

message 45: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ well i do. so there ya go.

message 46: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) Ok. Sorry if i offended you at all.
But what about the book appeals to you exactly?

message 47: by A.U.C. (new)

A.U.C. (antoniafuc) omg breaking dawn was the best of all of them!

message 48: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) ........*Reminds self that everyone is entitled to their own opinions*

message 49: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ well i see how breaking dawn was REALLY different from the other ones, and that threw a lot of ppl off. but that doesn't mean that it was BAD.

message 50: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) I guess. I did like one part, it was right after she had become a vampire and everything was happy, but after that...i dunno.

« previous 1 3 4