Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Book Discussions > Novella collection - Wiseman/Fuller/Long

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnasafford) I just received a new novella collection called "An Amish Love." It has three novellas - "Healing Hearts" by Beth Wiseman; "What the Heart Sees" by Kathleen Fuller; and "A Marriage of the Heart" by Kelly Long. I know there are other novellas out there. Has anyone read any others?

message 2: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments There is also An Amish Gathering and An Amish Christmas: December in Lancaster County. From what I have read, they are in finishing up An Amish Wedding for a fall 2011 release.

I own both of them but I have not read them yet. I have read An Amish Love: Healing Hearts/What the Heart Sees/A Marriage of the Heart (Inspirational Amish Anthology and I really enjoyed it!

message 3: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Donna, I moved this to Amish book discussions!

message 4: by Barbara (last edited Jan 19, 2011 09:44PM) (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1570 comments Mod
I have read both of the novella collections and really enjoyed them! I even won the expanded edition of An Amish Christmas from Barbara Cameron.

I'm reading An Amish Love: Healing Hearts/What the Heart Sees/A Marriage of the Heart (Inspirational Amish Anthology and am enjoying it a lot.

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnasafford) Diane U wrote: "Donna, I moved this to Amish book discussions!"

Thank you. I really wasn't sure where to post it. =)

message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnasafford) Diane U wrote: "There is also An Amish Gathering and An Amish Christmas: December in Lancaster County. From what I have read, they are in finishing up An Amish Wedding for a fall 20..."

I will have to get that one too. Thanks!

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) I've not read any of them yet but I got An Amish Love: Healing Hearts/What the Heart Sees/A Marriage of the Heart (Inspirational Amish Anthology to review from BookSneeze and I'm planning on saving it for around Valentine's Day!

I really do enjoy collections of stories, they're nice for when you don't have time to read a full-length novel but want to read something quick and easy. Would others recommend An Amish Gathering: Life in Lancaster County and An Amish Christmas: December in Lancaster County?

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (atimetolove) | 99 comments Rachel wrote: "I've not read any of them yet but I got An Amish Love: Healing Hearts/What the Heart Sees/A Marriage of the Heart (Inspirational Amish Anthology to review from BookSneeze and I'm pla..."

Ahem...I would! I'm the author of one of the novellas in An Amish Christmas: Expanded Edition and An Amish Gathering along with Beth Wiseman and Kathleen Fuller. Kelly Long joined the An Amish Christmas Expanded Edition this year. We've gotten such nice reviews on both books I feel I can tell you that you'd enjoy both collections by Thomas Nelson.

I'm the author of a new Amish series over at Abingdon Press called Quilts of Lancaster County. This readers group voted A Time to Love (first book in the series) to read in November. Some very nice reviews on that book, too. The second book is coming out in another month or two...

Happy reading!

message 9: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 32 comments I still have the book " Amish Gathering" on my currently reading list. I haven't start read it yet.

message 10: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Me too!

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1570 comments Mod
Terri wrote: "I still have the book " Amish Gathering" on my currently reading list. I haven't start read it yet."

Pull it out! You can get it done before our February read. :-)

message 12: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 32 comments Plan to! Next reading

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) I'm reading An Amish Love: Healing Hearts/What the Heart Sees/A Marriage of the Heart (Inspirational Amish Anthology right now and loving it! I'm going to start a thread in the Author lists section for all the novella collections so that we can find out details about them easily.

message 14: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnasafford) Rachel wrote: "I'm reading An Amish Love: Healing Hearts/What the Heart Sees/A Marriage of the Heart (Inspirational Amish Anthology right now and loving it! I'm going to start a thread in the Autho..."

I absolutely loved the stories and they absolutely left me wanting more about these characters. =)

message 15: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I loved all the stories! The one I enjoyed the most is the last one, Healing Hearts, about the older Amish couple dealing with empty nest syndrome. It was a nice change to read a "non-traditional" Amish romance. This happens to Amish and English couples and it is nice to see how they deal with it and how they re-discover their love.