Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Sitting Here Wondering if the Snow Will Stop

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (last edited Jan 19, 2011 10:03AM) (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
I know this has been a hard winter for many of us (and a hard season for our Australian friends, among them Ausjenny). So I'm just posting to say I hope the bad weather stops at some point (I know it will, but this year I think it will be hanging on for awhile). How are things where you are?

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy Our weather is mid 70's but a few weeks ago we had that shooting in Tucson. We are only about 2 hours away so it is one of those things that hits home. We know folks who had family actually inside the store and across the street at the time of the shooting. And an illegal was just shot and died a few days later, closer to our area, and he had all dangerous weapons with alot of ammo as well. Life and weather are not predictable, we just have to be ready :-)

message 3: by JanetTronstad (new)

Oh, Judy, my brother's family lives very close to that store in Tucson, too, in fact they shop there. That was a horrible, sad thing. You are right -- life and weather are nor predictable!

message 4: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I am hoping the rain will stop in the east of Australia.
Victoria is really suffering now along with Queensland. Parts of Queensland are being reaffected.
I hear about the snow too I hope bot places stop for awhile.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Rainy here in SE texas. The weather rather nice. Low 60's today.

message 6: by Judy (new)

Judy It feels a little cooler today but I am in shorts and a tank top and just juiced 1 gallon of grapefruit juice after picking our grapefruits and then picked a few lemons to make hubby some lemonade :-)

message 7: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Sunny here today, but we have snow on the ground.

Janet, I fear the snow we had last night has made its way over to you in Montana.

Ausjenny & Jennifer--hugs on the rain.

Judy--shorts, a tank top and lemonade. : ) Wow. Sounds fab!

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 138 comments We've had endless snow and cold. We have a heat wave today though. I think it's going to be 5 degrees with no windchill. I'm thinking of you all with endless rain and all.

message 9: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments I live in Ga and it has been rainy and cloudy but the sun finally peeked out today and I think it will be nicer now, still little cool but not cold and no bad weather.

message 10: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Lol, Janet I thought you were speaking about yourself, in Pasadena! I was jealous opening the thread, and saying to myself, "Dang! I lived in So. Cal and never once saw snow at my house! LOL!

message 11: by JanetTronstad (new)

LOL, Heidi -- I should have been more clear. I am at my parent's home in Montana -- where it's cold and snowy! Pasadena weather has been glorious (or so I'm told).

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments We're having highs in the twenties and lows usually in the single digits. There have been several rounds of 5" snowfall, and one due tomorrow, but nothing to snow us in at all.

message 13: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 202 comments It snowed last night about an inch--not nearly what they predicted, however.

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Heidi wrote: "Lol, Janet I thought you were speaking about yourself, in Pasadena! I was jealous opening the thread, and saying to myself, "Dang! I lived in So. Cal and never once saw snow at my house! LOL!"

hahaha I thought the same thing for a second and then realized she was in Montana. :D