Zombies! discussion

Movies and TV > Resident Evil: Extinction

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:38PM) (new)

Alex (alexinmadison) Just got back from the movies. Too much fun!! Plus two hours of Milla Jovovich and Oded Fehr kicking ass?... Be still my heart.

message 2: by Brandon (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:39PM) (new)

Brandon | 34 comments Mod
Glad to hear. Planning on seeing it this weekend.

message 3: by Caroline (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:39PM) (new)

Caroline So glad to hear people are enjoying this one! My sister and I are big fans of the first two, but I promised I'd wait until she's back in town to see this one with her...so I have to wait a few weeks. The previews are driving me crazy with anticipation!

message 4: by Brandon (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:40PM) (new)

Brandon | 34 comments Mod
Ugh! i just saw Res Evil, and while it did have more zombies than the last one, what the hell happened to the plot? I think this was a totally unrelated movie that they decided to to cast with some people who were in the first two. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but man what a stinker. Some good zombie stuff.

message 5: by Cookie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:40PM) (new)

Cookie (cookie_beck) | 36 comments I went to see Res Evil yesterday, and I had fun. I mean, I wasn't looking for a plot to change the way I think about the world or anything, though. I screamed once, and said "ewwwww" or "GROSS!" a few times. When I left, I was smiling, and so were the people I went to see it with. So, as far as I'm concerned, it was good.

Only.. the dude at the end and his crazy hand? Yeah, not so scary unless it was animated. If it wasn't, it just kinda looked like some weird tree growing out of a Tim Burton movie.

message 6: by Alex (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:40PM) (new)

Alex (alexinmadison) I guess I wasn't looking for a plot... I just went to be creeped out and see some ass-kicking. So, for me, it was fun.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Just like the Nemesis from _Apocalypse_, the evil doctor's tree hand is from a mutation from the "Resident Evil" games.

My wife was bored out of her gourd by this movie. She'd just watched the first one a couple of days before, but I had to explain a lot of stuff from the second one. Come ON. This s*** isn't rocket science--it should explain everything to everyone.

_Extinction_ boldly stole--not honored via flattery--tropes from better videos, movies, and books. Fast zombies, genetic clones, post-apocalyptic desert landscapes ... yawn.

Milla Jovovich and Oded Fehr kick ass, and deserve much better.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, uhhh, if you LIKED Resident Evil: Extinction, I just, uhh, I just don't know.

message 9: by Caroline (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new)

Caroline I just got back from seeing this one and had a blast--it was definitely what I was expecting from it, so it was a lot of fun and not a disappointment. Anyone expecting a mind-blowing, thought-provoking movie was probably a little disappointed. ;) The first one is definitely still my favorite, but I can't complain that I wasn't entertained.

Wish they had shown what happened to Jill, though, since she played a pretty big part in the second movie and wasn't even mentioned in this one.