Pittsburgh Goodreaders discussion

newbie here!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (last edited Aug 05, 2008 07:38PM) (new)

Maria (minks05) | 5 comments hi everyone! i just discovered goodreads a few weeks ago, and i'm slowly starting to add my booklist to it! i love trading book suggestions with people, and i love giving my opinions on stories even more! i look forward to trading some good reading suggestions with everybody.

happy reading!

message 2: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Bashore | 12 comments Welcome, Maria! Have fun with it!

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 7 comments Hi Maria - glad you're here.

message 4: by Audra (last edited May 19, 2009 03:53PM) (new)

Audra (doneitallmom) | 2 comments Hi everyone, I'm Audra. I love books. All kinds. Everything Horror, Romance, Fantasy, Thrillers, Drama, Comedy, Educational, & Instructional. I was born & raised here in pittsburgh. I encourage reading 4 my 3 boys. We read together, my 2 younger boys R even interested in the book that i read. So there R times I read chapter from my book collect to them. I feel there is so much that u can get from reading from edcuation to a change to walk in the shoes of a person u would like to be 4 a day.

message 5: by Susan C (new)

Susan C (somersetpurplegmailcom) Hello!

I live about an hour outside of Pittsburgh. I'm excited to find this group. I read mostly thrillers, suspence, and some horror. I run a bookclub at the local library once a month and we are in our eigth year. In club, we read all kinds of genres.

If you're not in a club, I highly recommend it. You will read books you would have skipped otherwise,love them, and learn to read books with a keener attention to the details.

message 6: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Fuller (sirfuller) I'm also new here as I just discovered Goodreads tonight. I'm looking forward to joining in the discussion!

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul (psinderson) | 43 comments Welcome, Jeff! We've also started a Book Club that has generally been meeting the first Wednesday of the month - which is tomorrow (Wednesday)!

Hopefully you can join us sometime. I look forward to your thoughts on books here....

Paul

message 8: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Fuller (sirfuller) Thanks. I'll be sure to attend the meeting in Feb.!

Paul wrote: "Welcome, Jeff! We've also started a Book Club that has generally been meeting the first Wednesday of the month - which is tomorrow (Wednesday)!

Hopefully you can join us sometime. I look forward..."

message 9: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (lindsay_edmunds) | 28 comments i joined a few months ago and have attended one book club meeting so far (nest one is tonight). These are a great group of people!

Welcome to all.

Lindasy

message 10: by Lisa (last edited Jan 07, 2011 01:50PM) (new)

Lisa (lisaspeechpath) | 74 comments Mod
Hello Jeff! If you are interested in coming to our monthly meetings please send me your email address and I will add you to the email list. Typically we send out reminder notices about meetings and book selections.
My email is lisaspeechpath@yahoo.com

I am also starting a phone number list so if something happens (like bad weather) and we need to reschedule last minute we all have contact information. So if you feel comfortable sharing, please send your number as well.

message 11: by Grant (new)

Grant Beatty | 1 comments Hey all, im a newbie to the group as well, look forward to some interesting discussions.

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin (ersiku) | 21 comments Hi Grant, welcome!

message 13: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Chough | 4 comments Pittsburgh native here. I´m down in South America now. Happy New Year to you all!

message 14: by Lisa (last edited Jan 02, 2012 06:28PM) (new)

Happy New Year Vincent! I am guessing it's a looooong drive to come to one of our meetings! But if you are back this way-please come!

message 15: by Tufram (new)

Tufram (tuframnedox) Hi~
Please put me on your meeting list, newbie who adores good writing. Pgh native, grew up wandering the Main branch + Art Museum. Away for many years; now I'm back. I still love Pittsburgh :) (just watched Wonder Boys again, also a CMU alum).
Diana

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Hi Diana,
Can you please email me (so I can add you to the email list) at
Lisaspeechpath@yahoo.com

I hope to see you at our next meeting.
Lisa